“Business trip”
Review of Americana Hotel

Americana Hotel
Ranked #707 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Stayed here as the usual venues were full and there is a limited budget for expenses. Rather tired and shabby room but clean and comfortable bed and en suite. Breakfast fine and for central London a bargain. Staff were also very friendly

Room Tip: Had a room at the back on the ground floor which was very quiet.
1  Thank Jo M

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stayed here with my sister for a three day trip to Lindon. The staff were very helpful and although the hotel was sdmall by usual standards it was clean and tidy. Great location close to baker street and very resonabnly priced.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank justliketetris
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Due to train problems my wife and I were stranded in london overnight. Cabbie sent us to this hotel. Despite the late hour,0030 reception was manned and we were made very welcome. We had a basement room, small but adequate,and a very fine ensuite, and we could not fault it .The bed clean white bedding and very comfortable . At breakfast ,continental,. but plentiful food. Tea, coffee and chocolate were available all day plus some pastries. The staff were extremely helpful.The gentleman on reception,the owner i believe, was particularly helpful, and assisted my wife to make an international phone call at about 1am in the morning. Altogether we had a pleasant short stay and would not hesitate to stay there again

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I'm a cancer patient who had to fly from Ireland to save my life by having an operation in morning the hotel is one off the dirtiest hotel I have ever seen in my life ,the room rotten and smelled bad the carpets stinking I had pay for the week because everything was done in a rush new I couldn't stay there I would get infection from the dirt rang manger and asked for a little refund and he manners where a disgrace I pleaded to him to show humanity on such a sick person ,not a chance made of pay for the whole week we had to leave and go to another hotel what a sick manager do not go to this hotel it's a complete dump not fit for a dog

1  Thank Martina123891
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Completely shocked at the state of my room and nonchalant attitude from the proprietor when I pointed out some areas he could improve on before unpacking my bags (not an exhaustive list as there was more!). Once I got to the room as lift was broken, carpets were deeply stained and threadbare however the cockroaches seemed at home on them which the owner kindly offered to hoover them up for me....bless him. Sheets were stained in a concoction not known to the periodic table, bathroom (or small cubicle) had veneer looking to escape the attack from the mould with the toilet....well gag reflex would describe it better! For my own safety I had to decline the stay and at 20:30 on a Thursday night wandered the streets of London looking for a bed for the night. Luckily found a Travel Lodge by Euston which was not only cheaper it was the Ritz in comparison. Don't be fooled by it's reasonably looking entrance, I was fortunate to escape.......

Room Tip: As you approach the front entrance swiftly turn right and carry on walking
4  Thank Nicki B
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We stayed at the Americana Hotel during the heatwave. It does not have air conditioning in the accommodation area, so the nights were pretty uncomfortable. The carpets in this hotel are stained to an incredible degree and need replacing; the rooms are very small, and the bathroom had a lot of broken fixtures. The toilet seat was broken. The door of the shower was broken, The tap handle had been broken but glued as a repair. The blind and the windows needed work done on them. cleanliness was only average.
I suffer from Sleep Apnoea and sleep with a CPAP machine. As there were no power points at the bed head, and my lead didn't reach the power points at the opposite wall, I sought an extension lead, but all they had at reception was a broken powere board (Why were they keeping it??). My wife and I remade the bed so that we slept with our heads at the tail, so that I could use my CPAP machine.
Breakfast was more than adequate, and the area where it was served was kept very clean, and I must say that considering other parts of the hotel, was a pleasant change. I assure I looked very carefully at everythng.
With some work done on it I am sure that this hotel could be a much better place to stay, but in its present state, I was glad to move on after three nights.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2013

great location in london to the tubes etc. walking distance if you are up for a good walk but tubes are obviously way quicker! nice receptionist. free wifi. nice rooms, quite small but you dont need them any bigger really, its just somewhere nice to sleep. nice bathroom and lovely shower.the breakfast is lovely, lots of choice.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family