“Second stay...will return again!”

Travelodge London Covent Garden
Ranked #401 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Derby, United Kingdom
“Second stay...will return again!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a two night stay at the Travelodge at Covent Garden. At £60 per night it was one of the cheaper options we had but did not disappoint. Comfortable rooms, brilliant location and lovely staff who couldn't do enough to help you. Despite being there on the hottest day of the year, the rooms were cool and a fan available from reception if necessary. Well located in covent garden, away from the hustle and bustle but not too far either. Close to the tube, and also highly recommend Bill's down the road on Slingsby Place for breakfast if you have room only as we did. A very enjoyable stay, that I am sure we will repeat!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Hannah R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (876)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

I have stayed here a couple of times on trips to London, and am due to stay again later in the year. I paid £32.00 for a double room on my last trip, which I think is great value in central London. Having stayed in another Travelodge in London (Farringdon), I can say that I much preferred Covent Garden TL as it was more modern, seemed cleaner and had a nicer general atmosphere, as well as being better located for the centre, and also the tube network (it isn't far from Holborn tube station). It is well located for the British Museum too.

As with all Travelodges, there are no frills, but at a bargain price you can't really complain, and you know not to expect any with TL anyway! The room was much larger than I was expecting considering the location too. I didn't try the breakfast or cafe, so can't comment on them, but there is a small supermarket nearby if you wanted to buy your own breakfast/food.

I would recommend this TL for anyone wanting a cheap but clean and comfortable stay for a day or two in the capital.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Kendal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

Just returned from a two-night stay at the Travelodge Covent Garden. We have stayed at various hotels in London over the years - including ones that cost at least twice as much- but will definitely be using this one again for any future visits. This is a clean, modern, nicely decorated hotel with friendly helpful staff, a small but pleasant bar area and a lovely breakfast buffet. It couldn't be located in a better part of London for accessibility to the West End. Our bedroom was large and the beds were extremely comfy. We really don't have anything bad to say about the place, you really do get great value for money. Thank you to all the staff for making our stay so pleasant.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ElaineKendal
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

I was very sceptical because I had paid a bargain price of £123.00 for 3 nights for myself and my two daughters.. But was so pleasantly surprised!
It was a large family room, clean, great location and very, very helpful staff...
I looked at other hotels which were twice or more the price of this hotel, but I thought 'well as long there is a bed for us and they are clean' we will have more money spend on other things..
I cannot fault the hotel or it's staff.. Ok yes the room was hot and could be a bit noisy but it is in a prime location so we could walk everywhere seeing the sights instead of sitting on the hot tube...
Breakfast was a bargain, it cost £7.65 per morning for me, and my two girls aged 16 & 14 ate free!!
There were also plenty of places to eat in the evening, we went to a little Italian the 1st evening Da Mario which was perfect and just around the corner.. Second night we went to the Shakespeare's Head on Kingsway just next to the Holborn tube station, again brill as it was steak night! Third night we went to the Pizza Express on Bow Street and got 20% of the total bill because we used a voucher from one of the leaflets from reception and downloaded the app...
So it was a great stay and if you go here Enjoy!

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Emma D
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

Typical Travelodge in the centre of London's Covent Garden area. You are paying for the location and not much else! Small room on the 4th floor which had the strangest shape I have ever encountered - double bed that was hard to get around with a thin off-shoot that served as a access to the toilet and bathroom. Two people couldn't be in this area at the same time it is so small. One small window at the back. Basic accommodation in the centre of London and I suppose paying £115 is the going rate nowadays. Found an excellent cafe in a side-street nearby for a fresh, tasty breakfast and at a reasonable price. Stay if you must, or can't find anything else.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dublin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

I stayed here in February, I booked it on the net due to the location. We arrived early and went into the bar for lunch. I ordered three soft drinks, was presented with three bottles, when I asked for glasses and Ice, the Bar Man rudely picked the glasses up with his fingers in all three glasses and fired the ice into the glasses, letting it go all over the bar counter and all over me, he did apologise when I told him to be careful. Funny enoungh the Manager on Duty, a tall Dark Gentleman was sitting on a bar stool talking to the bar man when I ordered the drinks, he saw some of the behavior and got up and walked away.
We had lunch and went to check in twenty minutes prior to the check in time and were charged an extra ten pounds for an early check in.
We were out most of the time, breakfast in the morning was chaos, the Staff to be fair to them were totally run off their feet and understaffed each morning.
We didn’t bring a hair drier as it was advertised that the Hotel had them, when we requested one, we were told there were only two in the whole hotel and we would have to wait until one was returned, which was a real nuisance as it rained heavily each day and all we wanted was shower on our return.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
TravelodgeUK, Sophie from Customer Care at Travelodge London Covent Garden, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
We would like to apologise for the service you experienced in our bar cafe Dublinblueeyes. Our standard check in time is 3pm, however early check-in can be purchased in advance or on the day of arrival for £10 but is subject to the availability of rooms that have been serviced and are ready to be let to guests. As standard we do not provide hair dryers in our rooms however they are available free of charge from reception, subject to availability. We will ensure that your feedback is given to the hotel so that they can be reminded of the importance of customer care.
Bradford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

This is a large budget hotel based in what looks like an office block Our room was well presented with a small screen television and was clean and tidy' The bathroom was adequate with clean towels daily The breakfast was ok and very well organised so despite the large number of bedrooms a table was always available .The food was fairly typical however there were numerous cafes in the area doing breakfast if you fancy a change from the buffet. The entrance was up a number of steps and these looked fairly grotty although there were other accessible entrances. The location of this hotel was excellent and near to Covent Garden numerous theatres and tube stations On our next visit to London this hotel will be our fist choice to stay in view of its price and location

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple