“Great central location and very clean room”

Travelodge London Covent Garden
Ranked #407 of 1,068 Hotels in London
“Great central location and very clean room”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We think this hotel has just been refurbished. Rooms extremely clean and comfortable. Hubby thought it was a bit noisy during the night, but I slept like a baby! Most comfortable Travellodge bed i've stayed in. Location very central with Covent garden and Leicester Square a few minutes walk. Buffet hot breakfast very good value at £7.50 per person.

Would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (928)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

Good price for a big room which was clean and comfortable. Room temperature was good, not overheated like a lot of places. Good central London location.

On the downside no hairdryer, no shampoo, no shower gel so remember to take your own. I arrived late and had nothing with me. I can't remember staying in a hotel without these basics.

Also i was booked into Travelodge Covent Garden but they sent me over the road to Holborn. Could have done without that late at night.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Truro Uk
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We had a great room (good size with views over City of London - 13th floor). Clean and comfortable except the pillows! Warm and helpful greeting on arrival. Great location for central London theatres and shopping. We took breakfast each day which was a reasonable price, choice and quality. Overall our stay was good and for prices we researched in Central London very reasonable.

UK
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I went to London in connection with my job and this hotel was booked for me, to be honest I was dreading it, there was no need to worry. My room was spotless, breakfast excellent, all staff very friendly & helpful, I would recommend this hotel to anyone, my experience was very positive

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Very nice stay, hotel was spotless, food & drinks good. Good to have a 12 noon check out as standard. Stayed at this Travelodge as it was close to theatre. Couldn't fault anything other than don't book a taxi from the hotel direct line, it cost double the London black cabs.

Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I stayed here on business for a night in February, although I have stayed here a number of times before. I have to be honest, I'm not a fan of this hotel group, but on this occasion my stay was much less painful than in the past. For London, this hotel is quite cheap. In global terms, it's outrageously expensive for what it is. The location is pretty good for most central London activities and if you're in the newer building on High Holborn, the rooms are better, in my experience. The check-in process (on this occasion) was straightforward - I used one of their machines in the foyer. My room was large, with a comfortable bed, decent pillows and a good-sized desk. There was no AC but there was a heater which was what I needed in February! The bathroom was very basic but everything seemed to work. No toiletries but I expected that. I ate in the restaurant in the evening. I had a bowl of pasta of some description - not great but did the job. Breakfast was the same - OK without being great. I always seem to have something wrong with my room when I stay at a Travelodge. On this occasion it was that my room, though clean and large, was on the first floor at lorry height, and directly above the sliding doors into the hotel foyer which were really noisy and made the room vibrate every time they opened and closed. That on top of the more predictable noise of the main road outside. Apart from the room location (and therefore the noise levels), the hotel did very little wrong really on this occasion. I can't quite shake the "student accomodation" feel about it though!

Room Tip: Avoid room 182 unless you like lorries and vibrating rooms.