“Quiet value room in the heart of London”

Travelodge London Covent Garden
Ranked #403 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Devon, UK
“Quiet value room in the heart of London”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night here to attend a conference and it was ideal. The room was quiet, good value at £64 and easy to get to - close to 2 tube stations. The night life and theatres are within walking distance. The room was modern and clean, the shower worked well but I brought my own shampoo. The bed was firm and I had no trouble sleeping.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (894)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Have stayed here many times and the location is great with all main sights nearby. If you are looking for quality then I would not recommend staying here. The rooms are basic and hotel could do with updating.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Hkate99
Ballynahinch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Easy check in but ordering food a disaster. Requested no cheese on a burger, got cheese. Chips inedible. Service at the cafe was very poor, the waiter had to check several times to confirm the order and even then it was wrong. Room average. Bed fairly comfy but very, very basic.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Dawn K
TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from Customer Services at Travelodge London Covent Garden, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thank you for your review Dawn K. We are sorry to learn that you were dissatisfied with the level of service from our staff in our bar café. We require a high level of service from our Bar café and the food that we offer is standardised across all our hotels and our staff are trained in how to prepare and present the food. We’d like to be able to contact you to find a resolution so please could you visit our website and select the Contact Us button to tell us more and when doing so please indicate you have left a TripAdvisor review.
Hull, Uk
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We stayed in the covent garden travel lodge last weekend. The hotel is in a great location in central London near everything. However, our room was really shabby in need of an make over though clean enough

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank Beverley L
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Excellent location for shopping and theatres, just on the edge of Shaftesbury avenue and Drury lane where most of the theatres are. Also close to china town and Covent garden, both highly recommended. Reception staff were efficient and helpful. We had a twin room which was very spacious and clean. Basic amenities.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Suelinz
Liverpool
Reviewed 24 April 2014

One of the best Travelodges that we've stayed in! On Drury Lane 5 minutes from Piccadilly Circus. The higher up you are, the better the view. We were on the 7th floor and looked out on the Gherkin and the Shard.
The room was clean and fresh.
The price for a hotel in the centre of London was amazing!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank Pete E
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I booked this as my daughter and I were going to the Royal Opera House and it was so much cheaper than any other hotel in the area. To be honest I couldn't believe the price and didn't expect anything much. I had called in a couple of weeks earlier to check on access as my daughter uses a walking aid and photos showed a lot of steps but the hotel is in two buildings and I was directed to the other one at street level. To be on the safe side I had emailed asking for a room in the accessible hotel which we got. From the moment we arrived the friendly staff made us feel welcome. The room was sizeable and clean and the bed was very comfortable. There was no kettle in our room but this was soon rectified with a smile and an apology. I have been in hotels were you were almost afraid to mention a problem but that was certainly not the case here. It was a busy day and I did not have time to eat so I was quite hungry by the time we got back that night....no problem, hot snacks were available at any time. We did not have breakfast at the hotel as I had arranged to take my daughter for breakfast at The Shard to round off a special weekend so I cannot comment on that but as far as the hotel is concerned generally, I would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends