“Overnight stay in London.”

and 1 more site!
Travelodge London Covent Garden
Ranked #417 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Paid £95 for a twin room, reasonable for Central London in July.Room was clean and modern, appeared to be one of the updated rooms. Didn't bother with breakfast as eating area very busy and small. Centrally located for most attractions, within walking distance to most. Stayed Premier Inn previously and have to say the accomodation with them is better.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dudleyg1
There are newer reviews for Travelodge London Covent Garden

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We are actually at the travel lodge as I write. Budget hotel five star service and location.
Everything about the stay here has been excellent. Check in was quick despite long never ending queues of tourists. Reception staff friendly , helpful and lots of smiles.

Breakfast good .

We had three rooms. For three nights. Every room cleaned to high standards and very comfortable. House keeping staff couldn't do enough to please us.

Just the best location a short walk from Covent garden .

Great value for money.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank shaun c
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Whilst any hotel in the West End of London would get 5 stars for its location that should not detract from the review of the hotel. For under £100 per night my expectations were not that high, anyway. I arrived a little early and asked if there was a luggage store whilst I waited for the check-in time. I was told there wasn't but for a £10 early check-in fee I could book in. I paid up but have since check my booking confirmation and there is no mention of a check-in time or warning of an early check-in fee. The room was clean and the bed comfortable enough, but that was it. There was a plastic chair at a shelf/desk, a clothes hanger in the corner (no wardrobe) and a Wi-Fi signal that was so weak that I used up my free 30 mins just trying to connect to a site. I ate out that evening and returned at about 11 for a quick drink in the bar. I asked the barman to book my drink to my room and he said he couldn't do that. When I asked why, he said he didn't know how. I asked him to find someone that did. A few minutes later I was informed that there was no card account open for my room. When I had checked-in full payment had been taken for the room without leaving the account open to add food and bar tabs. I handed over my card and asked them to open a tab because I would probably eat in the next night. After several attempts it was obvious nobody knew how to do it. I paid cash for the drink and ate out the following evening. Whilst this facility may not be important to a tourist, as a business guest I need a single invoice at the end of my stay which itemises all of my purchases at the hotel. Breakfast was below average. There seemed to be a reasonable choice for a continental breakfast but 4 cooked items does not make a full English. The hotel might think there are 5 items but putting a raw tomato under heat lamps does not make it cooked. In conclusion, I would only stay in this hotel again as a last resort. I would rather commute in from further afield or choose one of the more expensive hotels if available. Staff training should be top of the priority list for this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Enever
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Good location, very friendly and well trained staff, Excellent full enlish breakfast for minimum price. Internet working properly, could have been more space for toiletries in the bathroom, no storage of luggage after check out, above expectations overall view.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank John-steve L
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Greeted on arrival but receptionist who clearly wasn't interested, wanted to charge "early" check in fee even though we were only four minutes early or wait & do it ourselves. No bath & very dark room

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anne R
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed on 11 July. Room great. Ordered food at 12.30am from 24hr service at bar. Waited over 20 minutes they were burnt in some places and not cooked in others. Didn't complain as did not know until we was back in our rooms on 5th floor and not willing to go back down at that time! At breakfast a man told me to check the bread in the basket as some had mould on them! Bread was replaced but shocked that it happen at a hotel! Great for location shame about the food!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Great Hotel, and have stayed there a few times before
Nice location to Covent Garden and Tube
We stayed in Lower Ground and because of that the rooms were a bit dark so wouldn't want to be in those rooms again. Couldn't really open curtains as offices looked down on you and people could walk passed
But having said that - clean and the upgraded beds made it a pleasant stay
Does what it says on the tin

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple