“Weekend stay”

and 1 more site!
Travelodge London Covent Garden
Ranked #417 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This travelodge is perfectly suitable for a weekend away if you need somewhere clean to just sleep, shower and change. Location is fab if you are seeing a show as only a five minute walk away. Tube stations also very close by and vast amounts of dining and bar facilities. However, remember this offers basic amenities so should you wish for more home like comforts (fridge, chest of drawers), large spacious luxurious amenities, then you may wish to reconsider staying here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Write a ReviewReviews (7,571)

Reviewed 20 July 2014

It's a must to stay in for reasonable rates and central location (about 5 minutes walk to drury lane theatre. )We were able to walk to most of our destinations due it's proximity.
Rooms are basic and clean.
Beds are comfortable
Staff were knowledgable and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel for the second time. I can not believe the negative reviews for this hotel. We paid £60 for a 3 bedded room for a 1 night, Saturday night stay in July. Hotel check in - upgraded and paid additional £10 for early check-in, staff were friendly and it was very quick. Room was very clean, and tidy. Comfy bed, clean bed linen. Bathroom was clean. Provided with 1 hand towel and 4 bath towels. Tea and coffee facilities in room. It must have been hottest night of the year, ok, no air con, but I would not expect, there was a fan in the room, which saved the day.
Location - thus is the best bit, you are smack bang in the centre, we were there to see Charlie and Chocolate Factory - 2 mins away. If you want 5 star then you need to pay that kind of money - but this is superb for the money, and I will always use this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank vixxy1
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We booked this hotel as we had stayed in it a few weeks ago with no problems, however this stay has put me off ever going there again. When we arrived we were slightly early and asked if we could book in early which we did with a charge of £10. However the lady on reception said we might have to go to the other Travel lodge across the road as there were no rooms available. In the end after a phone call to someone we were allocated a room.
There were a number of things wrong with the room : No bin in the room, the peddle bin in the bathroom was broke and you had to lift it by hand and the shower curtain was too short so every time we had a shower it looked like a lake in the bathroom !
On Saturday morning we took our rubbish to reception as we had nowhere to put it and were quickly told by the woman on the desk to take it over to the bar where they would take it from us !!! I could even see a bin in the office ... why couldn't she have taken it from us ? I explained that we had no bin and were told that it would get sorted. After returning to the hotel on Saturday evening we found that our dirty towels had been left in the shower and NO clean towels had been given to us. My husband then found the cleaners office on level 6 where he was given new towels and a new bin.
I requested a hairdryer on the morning we checked out. The hairdryer cut out before I had finished drying my hair, I had to explain to the receptionist that this had happened and it was extremely hot to touch. I'm very disappointed with the hotel and will not return there again which is a shame as we had stayed before with no problems.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Bud86
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed in a family room for 78 nights. Everything was fine. Beds are very confortable. Personnel kind and attentive. Breakfast OK. Could improve showers water pressure. Very good position of hotel in Covent Garden. Can walk to Underground. Overall very good.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Excellent location for walking to Covent Garden, many theatres and eateries and other places of interest. Value for money can't be beaten for services provided. Our family room at the front was very quiet inside the hotel but proved to be noisy outside as groups of university students congregated on the pavement opposite until very late at night and we had to have our window open as it was extremely hot during our stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Good location for theatre land, walk to Westminster in 15 minutes, walk to Euston in 15 -20 minutes. I was spoilt for choice of eateries down or just off Drury Lane. I was in the High Holborn lodge which is just across the road from the featured Covent Garden lodge. 13 floors high, I was on floor 9, good view. It is the usual no frills set up for Travelodge rooms; the room was clean, beds comfy and lots of space. There was some outside traffic noise but I had my window open and didn't think it was too bad. Breakfast was limited in choice but good value for £7.50. Lady on reception was very pleasant and efficient. If I was coming for any leisure activities I would use this hotel again as the location is excellent.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business