“August 2014 - Double Room - Friday to Sunday”

and 1 more site!
Travelodge London Covent Garden
Ranked #417 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed in the overflow hotel just up the street on the corner of Old Holborn. i was a bit concerned initially but it was fine - and the main hotel had lots of steps to the main entrance which would have been a nusiance. My double room looked exactly as it did in the ads. The bedding was clean and, if anything, the pillows were too plump (which seems an unfair criticism). The hotel was quiet (for London) - just the odd noise of the firedoors closing but I would always take earplugs for a City break anyway. Near the lift but no problem with noise as there was an extra interior door. My room was long rather than wide so the TV was maybe a little far from the bed but it was still visible and the remote worked. Bath and shower in room, both clean. Towels exchanged daily if left in bath for swapping. Handwash and showerwash in wall containers.

The breakfast was fine - a decent range of fruit, cereal, toast, croissant, and the usual Full English (sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs etc). Maybe just one or two small niceties missing - couldn't find any side plates one day; no teaspoons on the other.

The hotel bar prices are just normal; cheaper than some of the local pubs.

We had an evening meal one night because the whole area gets so busy, it is difficult to get into a restaurant on an evening. We had a perfectly decent meal - lasagna and curry are obviously microwaved but, then again, they often are in pubs anyway. It was decent value: two courses and a glass of wine for £12.99 I seem to recall.

This hotel really is in the heart of London. British Museum is just at the end of Museum Street off Drury Lane. You can walk up to Bloomsbury Square, Russell Square and Gordon Square within 25 mins if you want to sit in the gardens and go round looking at the blue plaques to see the homes of past, famous residents. St James Park and Horseguards Parade was within 30 mins walk - Buckingham Palace just another five beyond that. You pass Leicester Square and China Town on the way. Alternatively, you can turn off for Trafalgar Square. All within 30 mins walking.

I would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Don;t be concerned if next to the lift. Mine was but it had an extra door to baffle noise and it was...
1  Thank Dean M
There are newer reviews for Travelodge London Covent Garden

Reviewed 13 August 2014

The location for Covent Garden, Leicester Square, Piccadilly Circus, and the theatre district made this a great hotel to stay in. However, the accommodation is VERY basic - for a place to simply sleep and leave all your belongings. Good value for money.

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Centrally located so that you can walk to the main Leicester square easily.

So if you are going out in London and can see this place for a good price then it's worth it.

Standard travel lodge room- clean, toiletries and towels included, double bed and bar in the hotel.

If it's cheaper than a can home then this place can be worth it- but it gets expensive on weekends and times such as nys so book early!

Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel whilst in London celebrating my 40th party. The hotel was clean & good value. The staff gave excellent service from the moment we checked in until we checked out. Would recommend.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I accept that this is a well located hotel and a family room for £99 in London is a good price but we stayed on a Saturday night when the temperature outside was cool and the temperature in our room on the 11th floor was unbearable. I felt like my brain was boiling in my head. It was one of the worst nights I have had in a hotel and even with 2 fans and a window open, it was impossible to keep cool. The desk fan in the room was broken and when we asked for another one we were told they didn't have any more. They eventually brought another fan that was not up to much at nearly half past midnight. I think Travelodge really move into the 21st century and install air conditioning in this place (we were in the Drury Lane part of the hotel which I was told is where all the family rooms are)

1  Thank Sundaygirl702
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The hotel is in a great location. The room was clean & very large for a central London hotel. Great views from the 13th floor. Downside there is no air con so it gets hot which for us wasn't a problem but for others there were lots of complaints. Advise is to keep the curtains closed during the day. Beds are really comfortable. Lots of tea/coffee which was good in your room & there is even shampoo!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend with kids phoned 2 weeks in advance to confirm that my oxygen could be delivered was told it was fine and that I would get my mobility scooter in room aswell on arrival at 11.30 the oxygen delivery man was been told that he couldn't leave my oxygen and would have to come back when I had checked in so he left it with us till check in at 12 and my husband and son took it to our room on the 7th floor when we checked in we were told the room was warm and to leave the curtains closed and the fan on at no point did they tell us they had no air conditioning you would think that when I rang to ask for authorization for my oxygen they would tell you there was no air con
We put our stuff in and did as we were advised and left fan on when we went back to get changed it was unbearable I had a quick wash and got out due to not been able to breath when we returned to go to bed it was atrocious we went and complained to be given another fan to no avail myself and my son spent most of the night in the foyer on chairs the next day I asked to be moved to another hotel to be told that wasn't possible because the other hotel didn't have family rooms and was told we could move to a lower floor which should be cooler so we packed up oxygen and all and moved to the 2nd floor closed the curtains put the fans on and went out we stayed out because we couldn't bear the room on returning at night we were met with a sauna so I spent another night in the foyer complained to no avail stayed out all day Sunday till night to return back to a sauna and my third night sleeping g in the foyer I didn't spend 10 hours in our room had quick washes only and went home feeling poorly which was confirmed by two days in bed with 24hr oxygen my daughter who came on the Sunday experienced very little sleep so what was meant to be a family weekend away turned out to be an expensive mistake and to rub salt in the wounds they haven't had the common decency to reply to my complaint Travelodge you are a disgrace and no disabled person should have to go through what I experienced

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family