“Happy Days”

Days Hotel London- Waterloo
Ranked #442 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This is a real gem of a hotel and very convenient for central London – only 15 minutes walk from Westminster Bridge and 5 minutes from Lambeth North underground station. Check-in and out was fast and efficient and all the staff throughout my stay were friendly. My room was spacious and tastefully decorated, including a sofa which I suspect converts into an extra bed. The ensuite was a very good size with shining marbled tiles and lovely fittings, including a top-class shower. Everything throughout was clean. I had a good night’s sleep on the comfortable bed and, although there is a fairly busy road outside, the windows are so well insulated that I never heard a thing. It was quite a chilly November night when I stayed and I was glad to find that the room heating was easily and comfortably adjustable.
There is a good size lounge with sports TV and a bar which stays open late and where I was able to get a beer and a sandwich (pizza also available) close to midnight. In the morning I had the buffet breakfast – fairly standard but everything well cooked.
Days Hotel has everything covered - even down to having free safety deposit boxes in the lobby – and I will definitely stay there again when in central London.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Issam I, General Manager at Days Hotel London- Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear retired gentleman,

Thank you very much for your review, we're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!
Issam Ismail

Write a ReviewReviews (2,724)

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Just arrived home from a great weekend in London, hotel was in a brilliant location the reception was clean and modern. Our room was on the first floor clean tidy tea coffee tv and a fan as it was a little warm at nights. Bathroom was clean and the room had spare pillows which was a pleasant surprise as I usually have to ask. Staff were very polite I cannot recommend this hotel more. Definitely the best stay we have had in london. Breakfast was also great I have no complaints what so ever. Will book to go back in march.

• Stayed: October 2013
Issam I, General Manager at Days Hotel London- Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Dear Mandy,

Thank you very much for your positive review, we're pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Booked to stay with husband but went with a friend as he was unable to come with me. Favourably impressed before arrival by two phone calls, firstly to ask if we could leave luggage there for the day after we checked out (answer was yes) and secondly if they could change my double room to a twin.
Room was great with everything we needed and very clean, beds were very comfortable, bathroom was very nice with shower gel and hand soap provided and a note inviting us to ask for other stuff if we needed it.
Breakfast was excellent.
Staff friendly and helpful.
The location is ideal: a stones throw from the tube and very close to Westminster bridge. Two pubs adjacent and also a convenience store. The area is quiet by London standards.
Will definitely use this place again. Can't any reason for looking elsewhere.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Colette,
Thank you very much for your review, it's much appreciated!
Best Regards Issam Ismail

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Have just read a review entitled Yukkkk and felt I had to write my own review in response. Have just returned for a weekend stay and found the hotel excellent value compared with others in the price range. Our room on the third floor was small but very clean and comfortable. The bathroom in particular was excellent finished in a black marble with no mould but a very powerful shower. It seems that the hotel is being refurbished and perhaps we were lucky in our room.

The breakfast was very good though the eating area was small, but not what I would call cramped. I agree the sausages were bland and more like hot dogs, but I actually like my fried eggs to be runny, and there was also scrambled available. The bacon was good, as were the pastries and rolls, so I cannot agree the other reviewer's comments.

All staff were very pleasant and helpful. Hotel located 10 mins stroll from London Eye, 2 mins from Imperial War Museum, would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank LacrosseRef
Issam I, Manager at Days Hotel London- Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your comment. We appreciate the time you have spent to fill in the comment form.We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed the stay here at Days Hotel Waterloo.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Well I don't know where to start....staff are pleasant but rooms are awful especially the ......SHOWER area Yuck damn right bloody awful... mould, old and need refurbishment. Come on management get a grip and get your hotel refurbished. The area we had breakfast in was cramped and felt like a cattle market. Sausages bland, eggs fried and runny. Good luck if you can find a table to eat your breakfast in peace. Its a real shame London is fantastic, the locals and visitors are fantastic, I have pictures and will post later.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Issam I, General Manager at Days Hotel London- Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your feedback. We are refurbishing our bathrooms at the moment and working with the restaurant to improve food quality. We are aware that breakfast room is rather small and have planned refurbishment to improve the facility.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Stayed here one night while attending a meeting. Conveniently situated - near Waterloo Station and a short walk across the river from Westminster.
Very comfortable, well appointed room if not very large, and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Good value for money.
Parking is available (i found it a little expensive, but then this is London, and one pays for location)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Issam I, Manager at Days Hotel London- Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Dear Keith,
Thank you very much for your review, we appreciate your feedback!
Issam Ismail General Manager

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stayed here for 15 nights on business. Hotel guests seem to be a mix of those on holiday or staying for work. Room although relatively small was clean and comfortable. Breakfast is self service and more than adequate. Hotel has a restaurant which again serves decent food although menu doesn't change apart from a daily special. There are several pubs and restaurants in the surrounding area which offer some different variety. Hotel is in a great location and only a short walk to Bakerloo and Waterloo stations. You can also easily walk to Westminster in 10-15mins. Only criticisms were that rooms do not provide irons although there is an ironing room but sadly this was out of commission for some of my stay which wasn't ideal as I was working during the week. Laundry service is available although at £5 a shirt I thought this was too expensive - there is a dry cleaners 2mins walk from hotel which is far better priced at £2 a shirt. Staff are very friendly. Overall I would certainly stay here again whether it be for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank weebaldy79
Issam I, General Manager at Days Hotel London- Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Dear Weebaldy,

Thank you very much for writing a review!
I'm very pleased to hear that you did enjoy your 2 week stay in our hotel.