“Brilliant Stay!”

Ranked #412 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Northampton
“Brilliant Stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

We have just returned from a night away in London and was surprised by how good our stay was. From the reviews i was a bit worried, but when we checked in the staff were polite and pleasent, they gave all guests a FREE apple!! and in the rooms more FREE water!! the rooms were modern and clean. The bathroom was super clean and again up to date.
Breakfast was really nice, they had lots to choose from i guess the only downside which has been previously mentioned is the room size, for a hotel that big, the breakfast room had about 10 tables! and then a separate bar area with about 15 tables! So it's hit or miss whether or not you get a table. However the food was lovely, they kept restocking things, so it was fresh.
The one thing that let our stay down was the bed. It was soooo bouncy and soft. i didn't feel supported at all, and we both kept rolling into the middle!
But other than than. it was a great stay and i would recommend this to everyone!! We have finally found a great and cheap hotel in LONDON!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Issam I, General Manager at Days Hotel London- Waterloo, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear dscn,

We're very pleased about your positive review, thank you very much!
Issam Ismail General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

when I arrived the staff was very helpful I had to pay 20 pounds for parking but that allowed for me the next day, I ran out off tea bags and sugar ,which was no problem, I found the hotel was very close to waterloo train station shops and bars also only 15 mins walk to Westminster I will stay here again

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Kim W.
Thank you for reviewing our hotel!
We're pleased to hear that you are satisfied with our service.

Issam Ismail General Manager
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

This is a real gem of a hotel and very convenient for central London – only 15 minutes walk from Westminster Bridge and 5 minutes from Lambeth North underground station. Check-in and out was fast and efficient and all the staff throughout my stay were friendly. My room was spacious and tastefully decorated, including a sofa which I suspect converts into an extra bed. The ensuite was a very good size with shining marbled tiles and lovely fittings, including a top-class shower. Everything throughout was clean. I had a good night’s sleep on the comfortable bed and, although there is a fairly busy road outside, the windows are so well insulated that I never heard a thing. It was quite a chilly November night when I stayed and I was glad to find that the room heating was easily and comfortably adjustable.
There is a good size lounge with sports TV and a bar which stays open late and where I was able to get a beer and a sandwich (pizza also available) close to midnight. In the morning I had the buffet breakfast – fairly standard but everything well cooked.
Days Hotel has everything covered - even down to having free safety deposit boxes in the lobby – and I will definitely stay there again when in central London.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Issam I, General Manager at Days Hotel London- Waterloo, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear retired gentleman,

Thank you very much for your review, we're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!
We're looking forward to welcoming you back!
Issam Ismail
Stirling, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

Just arrived home from a great weekend in London, hotel was in a brilliant location the reception was clean and modern. Our room was on the first floor clean tidy tea coffee tv and a fan as it was a little warm at nights. Bathroom was clean and the room had spare pillows which was a pleasant surprise as I usually have to ask. Staff were very polite I cannot recommend this hotel more. Definitely the best stay we have had in london. Breakfast was also great I have no complaints what so ever. Will book to go back in march.

• Stayed October 2013
Issam I, General Manager at Days Hotel London- Waterloo, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
Dear Mandy,

Thank you very much for your positive review, we're pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay!

Issam Ismail
Solihull
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

Booked to stay with husband but went with a friend as he was unable to come with me. Favourably impressed before arrival by two phone calls, firstly to ask if we could leave luggage there for the day after we checked out (answer was yes) and secondly if they could change my double room to a twin.
Room was great with everything we needed and very clean, beds were very comfortable, bathroom was very nice with shower gel and hand soap provided and a note inviting us to ask for other stuff if we needed it.
Breakfast was excellent.
Staff friendly and helpful.
The location is ideal: a stones throw from the tube and very close to Westminster bridge. Two pubs adjacent and also a convenience store. The area is quiet by London standards.
Will definitely use this place again. Can't any reason for looking elsewhere.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Colette,
Thank you very much for your review, it's much appreciated!
We're looking forward to welcoming you back!
Best Regards Issam Ismail
Cheadle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Have just read a review entitled Yukkkk and felt I had to write my own review in response. Have just returned for a weekend stay and found the hotel excellent value compared with others in the price range. Our room on the third floor was small but very clean and comfortable. The bathroom in particular was excellent finished in a black marble with no mould but a very powerful shower. It seems that the hotel is being refurbished and perhaps we were lucky in our room.

The breakfast was very good though the eating area was small, but not what I would call cramped. I agree the sausages were bland and more like hot dogs, but I actually like my fried eggs to be runny, and there was also scrambled available. The bacon was good, as were the pastries and rolls, so I cannot agree the other reviewer's comments.

All staff were very pleasant and helpful. Hotel located 10 mins stroll from London Eye, 2 mins from Imperial War Museum, would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LacrosseRef
Issam I, Manager at Days Hotel London- Waterloo, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your comment. We appreciate the time you have spent to fill in the comment form.We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed the stay here at Days Hotel Waterloo.
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Well I don't know where to start....staff are pleasant but rooms are awful especially the ......SHOWER area Yuck damn right bloody awful... mould, old and need refurbishment. Come on management get a grip and get your hotel refurbished. The area we had breakfast in was cramped and felt like a cattle market. Sausages bland, eggs fried and runny. Good luck if you can find a table to eat your breakfast in peace. Its a real shame London is fantastic, the locals and visitors are fantastic, I have pictures and will post later.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Issam I, General Manager at Days Hotel London- Waterloo, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your feedback. We are refurbishing our bathrooms at the moment and working with the restaurant to improve food quality. We are aware that breakfast room is rather small and have planned refurbishment to improve the facility.