“Great hotel, great location”

Days Hotel London- Waterloo
Ranked #453 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Stayed here 1 night on 3rd March for my sisters birthday. Super place, a hop skip and jump (well a tube) from all the sights of London. Tube 2 minutes walk away, Westminster Bridge and London Eye 15 minutes walk. Service very efficient, Igore on reception very helpful. Rooms clean and very comfortable. Duvets and pillows were just lush. Breakfast excellent, great selection buffet style. All in all cant fault this hotel - not grand and imposing but clean, comfortable and friendly. All 4 in our party will def be using this place again. So Days, thankyou.

Room Tip: We stayed in a twin on first floor at the back , never heard a peep all night. Friend stayed on fron...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Issam I, General Manager at Days Hotel London- Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Firebirds,

We're delighted to receive your positive feedback!
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 28 February 2014

So here I am, another night in London, another hunt for a decent priced hotel. I haven't stayed in a Days for a million years, so long I barely remember..........

So given the chance to stay for £66 including breakfast with my supper this night also on the Bakerloo Line........... so it seemed all the stars aligned.

As it turned out my supper was cancelled at the last minute so I arrived much earlier than I had expected. The check in was busy but not annoyingly slow. I loved the idea of free rosy red apples on the reception.

I had an odd shaped room, a bit like a short corridor, with two singles at one end and a bathroom at the other- but I like it, it was like sleeping in a VW Camper.

I liked the room, the bathroom, the sharpness of it all. Yes the shower was a bit cramped, there were no fancy toiletries (not that I was expecting it) the shower cap was a nice touch and the Dove shower gel welcome.

I decided to opt for snack supper - which the staff kindly popped on a tray for me so I could return to my room.

The bed was comfortable, the pillows not a friend. I like to sleep with two - one wasn't enough and two - too much.
I slept well the room quiet, both inside and out.

The Days Inn at Waterloo isn't at Waterloo but a Lambeth North. Don't forget that Embankment tube is closed until November 2014 so this may make your trip tricky. However it is very easy to find from the tube (as long as you head across the road when you arrive towards the road with the shops in) its not much more than two minutes walk.

Downsides - well none really. I liked the restaurant menu, the option of a snack menu to take back to your room, coffee and tea facilities and free biscuits, range of tv channels and the free apples.

I didn't take the breakfast in the end - wasn't feeling hungry so went for a coffee, a biscuit and an apple 'to go'

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Melanie C

Dear Frugal F,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay! We're pleased to hear that you're satisfied with our hotel and we're looking forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Spent one night after a night at the theatre. Staff very friendly and helpful. Had a good night's sleep in a very comfortable bed. Had a fantastic full English breakfast (eat as much as you like) with cereals, toast, fruit, drinks, etc. Would definitely stay again when in London.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Peter F,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay! We're pleased to hear that you're enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we're looking forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Just had a great annual reunion weekend in London and this hotel was recommended by friends also staying here. It was clean, beds comfortable and we had plenty of hot water from the power shower which was plenty big enough as well. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. We arrived early and our luggage was securely stored until later very efficiently. The hotel and breakfast exceeded our expectations and we had everything we needed. It's noisy if you leave the windows open but the triple glazing cut out all the noise so we had two very good nights sleep. We were on the fourth floor.

Room Tip: Don't know if this is a regular inconsistency or not, but we had plenty of really hot water, how...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sally L

Dear Sally L,

Reviewed 23 February 2014

The hotel is always clean and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The only downside is that the evening menu choices tend towards fried or spicy food. I would prefer more healthy options. The hotel is always very comfortable and clean and that I why I can a regular guest.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Issam I, General Manager at Days Hotel London- Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Dear Sonia E,

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback. We're pleased to hear that you're satisfied with our hotel and we're looking forward to welcoming you back every week.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Very close to Westminster bridge, there is a couple of underground stations around and Waterloo station also very close, so we find the hotel having perfect location to everywhere. We stayed over for few days over christmas and even the tube was out of service for few days and we had to walk a lot, it never seemed to be too far from hotel.
I find this hotel very clean, staff helpful and a breakfast offers a good variety of choices. Bedrooms were nicely furbished and wifi worked perfectly. We were really happy with our stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2014

The pluses first, good transport links vis bus and tube nearby. A decent Turkish restaurant `Kosa' is opposite and the price I paid. £62. The minuses are the rooms are fairly basic but good for short stays. If you're trying to impress a loved one look elsewhere! The full price of £120 plus is ambitious for the owners. If I was paying £120 plus I know of many better hotels both locality wise and quality wise. The Kennington road is busy and noisy so look for a quieter room at the back. So in a nutshell, get a decent price and stay for one or two nights and you will be fine.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo