“A good night at Days”

Ranked #412 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Dublin, Ireland
“A good night at Days”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

I stayed at the Days Inn hotel beside Waterloo in central London on the night of May 10, 2014. I was very pleased with this hotel - the room was well appointed, the bed very comfortable, the temperature just right. Everything was clean and tidy, the shower functioned correctly and the water temperature was fine. The continental breakfast was just right and the coffee rather good. All in all, I would certainly recommend this hotel and hope to return to it myself again. Also, access to many central London bus routes is in very short walking distance of this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Issam I, General Manager at Days Hotel London- Waterloo, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Dear Sean B,

Thank you very much for your feedback,
I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay!

Issam Ismail

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Preston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

stayed here for two nights booking with superbreaks . very good location within five minute walk to Westminster bridge and all the attractions . rooms well furnished clean and modern fittings , comfortable bed and lots of good pillows . shower room very clean and on the wall soap and shampoo dispensers . double , double glazig so very little noise from outside . staff all very helpful ad cheery . small dining area for evening meal with varied menu and reasonable prices esp as we were given a two pound off token each for main course . despite being bank holiday and well booked the restaurant in the evening was not overcrowded and the food was well cooked . my compliments to the chef . drinks reasonable London prices . breakfast in two areas ...one for full English and the other for continental breakfast . can get busy but easy if you take a seat in lounge area and they will call you . the servers at breakfast and evening restaurant were all very efficient . car park small with ten places and extra to or disabled . 20 pounds for 2.00 pm till 2.00 pm the following day . we did not use this but there were always spaces available . we were told harder to find spaces at weekdays but easier at weekends . would I stay here again when visiting London ? ....... yes !

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

Had a short 2 night stay at this hotel which is situated about 10 minute walk from Waterloo.
Rooms were fairly basic but clean.
The only negative comment i have is the bed was very uncomfortable, the mattress was far to soft and led to a sleep depraved stay.
The Breakfast's were plentiful and the tasted very nice.
Overall i would definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Peter67Davo,

Thank you for your review and your recommendation!
We look forward to welcoming you again.

Regards
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Booked this hotel as part of a theatre break (2 nights), as the location was just what we wanted. We arrived early, before the official check in time and were able to use the hotel car park to park up for £20 per day. After a walk to find our bearings we returned to book in, which we were able to, the rooms were clean and reasonably well furnished for the price, some dust on top of the wardrobe which housed an electric fan, it had been part dusted around the fan!.
Unfortunately I cannot be so positive with regard to the breakfast arrangements and food. As we opted for the full English breakfast option, we were directed to a separate room, it appeared that the restaurant area was being used for the continental option. The breakfast area could be best described as more of a canteen, basic tables, extremely cramped and the food,its self was nothing special, it resembled a cattle market, which did spoil our overall stay. I would not stay here again due to the breakfast arrangements.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Mark,

Thank you very much for your feedback.I’m sorry to hear about your breakfast experience.
We’re aware that the restaurant can become fairly crowded at busy times. The current layout of our restaurant area is only temporary and plans for a major extension project of the public area are in making.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel is located in a rather low quality neighborhood. Out of the way of everything considering its so close to city center.

The lobby and common areas are run down and shabby. The rooms, not much better but they are at least clean.

The bathroom was the most surprising thing. It's so beautiful and modern and clean it looks like it belongs in another hotel. Does not match the rest of the hotel as it far exceeds the rest of the room. If they made the whole room as nice as the bath, it would turn my review from 2 star to 4.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Lyfroes
Dear Lyfroes,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the Days Hotel Waterloo.
I'm sorry to hear that we couldn't meet your expectations, we will take all your comments on board.

Bregenz, Austria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

I've been now to 3 different hotels on 8 different trips and have stayed at this hotel now for the 5th time.
If I don't get this hotel, I'm not going to London anymore.
For this Price-class it's the best I have been so far.

+ next tube Station (Lambeth North) is about 200 m away
+ Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, London Eye all in Walking distance
+ Imperial War Museum more of less just across the street
+ 24 h reception and hotel bar
+ free WiFi in the rooms

- no a/c (that's a little bit a Problem in summer, because you can't leave the window open. There's a police station across the road and a big hospital not far away and so you hear sirens pretty much. Besides the hotel is on a busy street crossing)
- Restaurant isn't too great and there's not much room at breakfast time (breakfast not included)
(that's why I gave 1 point less than full)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Wimborne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel on business, and I certainly would not have paid £140+ price that they paid. There was not even any breakfast included in the price.
Anyway, the hotel is fairly accessible - both from the Embankment and the tube, and buses regularly run past. There is a restaurant but I did not eat in the hotel.

On entry, I told the young man at reception that I had a reservation, and he asked me my name. Then he gave me my room key and announced the room number to the world. Not good practice! Women travellers should not have their room number announced. Anyone around could have overheard and followed me to my room. Please put this right in future.
The hotel offers free apple as at reception. A nice touch.
To the lift. Small entrance which would not take a large wheelchair, and it bounced alarmingly when. I got in. I did not like that.
My room was small but very acceptable. Clean bedding, somewhere to hang my clothes, tea and coffee, a comfortable bed, free mineral water, television, wifi access and double glazing..with a view over the park towards the Imperial War Museum. Very good. The bathroom was a bit marbled...and the shower was ideal for me, but anyone larger would have had problems getting into the semi circular cubicle. I liked the liquid soap/ shower gel.
You should substitute whole milk for semi skimmed.

The bathroom fan ran all night despite the fact that I had turned the light off.

Fast, efficient checkout.
I may return on business but I would certainly not pay these prices myself.

It is a pity that the ratings jump from average to very god because I would really say that this hotel is good. Average does not do it justice.

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the Imperial War Museum.