“Close to Imperial War Museum, Lambeth North Tube and bus routes.”

Days Hotel London- Waterloo
Ranked #456 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel is in a great location for a visit to London. Only a few minutes walk to Lambeth North tube and on a number of bus routes. A few minutes walk from Westminster Bridge. It takes about 30 - 40 minutes to walk to Buckingham Palace, Regent Street, Oxford Street and much less to walk to the London Eye, Tate Modern or Borough Market. There are shops close by to buy drinks, newspapers etc, a Costa Coffee, Nat. West Bank and plenty of restaurants. We stayed on the top floor, the fifth floor, the room was very nice although slightly noisy with traffic noise. I would happily stay there again as it was very clean, comfortable, well run and reasonable priced.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trurogirl

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a short 2 night break in May having booked the hotel just 3 days before we stayed for a very reasonable price. The location was very good, we walked everywhere we wanted to go. Otherwise there is a tube stop very close by (Lambeth North). Great for trips to the South Bank, tower bridge, the Shard etc.

Rooms were larger than expected and very clean, bathrooms very modern and also very clean.
Bed was comfy, extra bedding and towels should we have required them.
A large TV and free wifi.

Nice little bar area and the staff were very friendly.

The one negative I do have is that on the last morning we had the do not disturb sign on the door as wanted a lie in before a long day of travelling. A cleaner knocked twice and let herself in therefore making me wonder what the point of the signs were! Despite this, our stay was good, better than expected.

• Stayed: May 2014
Issam I, Front Office Manager at Days Hotel London- Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear Madam/Sir,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us.
Please note that we value each guest feedback.

Kind Regards,
Management Days Hotel Waterloo

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a twin room- good size, enough space for clothes and very comfy beds!
Ground floor room is great, almost no noise.
Friendly staff.
Bathroom was clean and decent size, but shower was a bit small.
Hair dryer wasn't ideal, had to hold a button down for it to work, but isn't a major problem.
Didn't have the hotel breakfast, but we recommend The Corner Cafe, a short walk from the hotel, good prices and brilliant food.
We will definitely stay here again!

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Emily S
Issam I, General Manager at Days Hotel London- Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Emily S,

Thank you very much for giving us your feedback, we're pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay!

Regards

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great value for money accommodation and excellent location. We enjoyed staying here as it is only a short walking distance from most attractions but far enough to be a peacefully quiet neighborhood. The staff were very friendly and helpful, Yvonne was especially helpful and very welcoming.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dear Daniel M,

Thank you very much for your review!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This was our third visit to London (April 2014), this time as a present for my wifes 50th to see the show Mamma Mia and once again we chose this hotel as it is very reasonably priced and has staff who just can't sem to do enough for you (always with a smile).

We stayed for 3 nights on the 5th floor and slept peacfully without any issues at all. My wife fell in love with the beautifully decored bathroom which has been updated since our last visit in 2013. We had the full english breakfast each morning which was great with a wide selection to choose from. We also had 2 delicious dinners that were very reasonably priced. The drinks menu is also cheaper than local pubs.

The hotel is only 5 minutes from Lambeth North tube station so getting about is very easy and there are plenty of local shops and a Tesco Express not far down the Kennington Road for any bits and pieces needed.

I really cannot recommend this hotel more and have already booked another 2 nights in September. This time the wife wants to see the Jersey Boys whilst I get to visit the newly refurbished Imperial War Mesuem which, by the way, is only 2 minutes from the hotel!

Can I say more?

Room Tip: Choose a room on the 5th floor - very quiet
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen H

Dear Stephen,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your kind review about our hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you and your wife back in September, thank you for your loyalty.

Regards

Reviewed 27 May 2014

If you need a base south of the Thames but not too far away, this hotel fits the bill.

Lambeth North tube station is moments away. Waterloo mainline station is about 20 minutes walk.

Small room but very clean and well kept. Check in / out quick and efficient. Not much character but you wouldn't expect that from a chain.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thesetter

Dear thesetter,

Thank you very much for your feedback!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I came to London to celebrate my partners birthday. I got a good package deal for the hotel and travel. I would definitely recommend staying at the Days Inn London Waterloo. We had breakfast included which was really good and there was a wide range of food to choose from. The hotel was very clean and our room was cleaned daily. The staff were all very friendly and made us feel very welcome. If I came back to London I would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
1  Thank J G

Dear J G Arbroath,

I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay, I hope we can welcome you back in future!