Days Hotel London- Waterloo
  • Pool
US$177
US$160
  • Restaurant
Hilton London Canary Wharf(London)(Great Value!)
US$366
US$156
US$143
Orbitz.com
2,814 results
All reviewsthe imperial war museumlambeth northlondon eyebakerloo lineminute walktube stationfull english breakfastbig bencooked breakfasttheatre breakstayed here for nightswould stay againbusy roadroom was clean and comfortableshort stayshower roomtea coffee
Reviewed 14 June 2014

This is a top rate three star hotel. Top rate because of,little touches like bottled water and candy when you arrive, and cookies on top of the coffee mugs to have with your coffee or tea. It also has free imternet, which is very nice. The staff is informative and helpful, always greeting the visitor with a smile. It is less than a block away from the Lambeth North tube station, and an easy walk from the Waterloo train station. Right across from the Imperial War Museum, it has a central location and is very easy to find and use. There are some drawbacks - the hotel does not have air conditioning, thus the room was very hot - even though they provided a fan, which was very helpful! It is also close to the road and we ,heard every drama that went on all night with sirens, yelling, and screeching cars keeping us awake.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Close to Waterloo Station and only 10mins walk to Westminster Bridge. Ver comfy and good breakfast serving everything you cold think of. Very friendly staff. Stayed here for our wedding anniversary and wasn't disappointed, would gladly come back again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Suzanne M
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I might have stayed in London for the three hottest days of the year, which I doubt, but seriously: which hotel doesn't have air conditioning in year 2014?! Upon arrival the room was stifling; the window only just opened a few centimeters, and it admitted in more noise than air. Between the noise, the warmth and the too-soft mattress, we slept awefully for three nights! This is a real pity, because otherwise the room's rather well appointed and spacious.
Second ugly point was the shower: I used it once on the evening of our arrival, and after ten minutes of switching between cold and hot water, I found out there was no middle ground between ice-cold and boiling-hot. The morning after my sister tried to shower and there was no hot water whatsoever -when I asked at the reception, they said there was some maintenance going on, but they had not warned the guests, nor they presented their excuses.
We had problems with our room key -we initially thought it was demagnetizing, but after keeping it in my pocket for the whole day, away from cell phones, we realized there was somethng else going wrong.
We had breakfast on the first morning, but it was rather average, for a fare which I found a bit expensive. We didn't renew the experience.
Overall the personnel was not particularly nice nor attentive; when I asked them to reserve a taxi for us, on the evening before our departure, the customer manager lady pointed at a phone and said "Just press the grey button and call the car service yourself" with barely a look at my face.
The only plus about this hotel was located very close to public transportation, although not comfortably close to landmarks and points of interest.
Overall it was no catastrophe, but I've stayed in much better structures for the same rate, in cities as big and rich as London.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Issam I, General Manager at Days Hotel London- Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Claudia_Firefly,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay.
I regret to read that you didn't have an enjoyable stay at our hotel.
Warm hospitality and friendly guest service are very important to us and I'm sorry that we didn’t meet our and your expectations.
I'm grateful that you brought the issues to our attention and we will investigate and take corrective steps.

Best Regards

Reviewed 8 June 2014

As others have said, this neat little hotel is close to the centre of London - on the south-side of the river - and within walking distance of many of the main attractions and close to Lambeth North tube station (which gives access to the rest of the city). It is clean and during my brief stay on the fourth floor perfectly quiet.

Don't however expect much space. The breakfast room was 'crazy busy' and quite demanding to navigate without elbowing some of the other visitors. And the breakfast was nothing special.

Room Tip: Go high - to get away from any street noise!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This hotel is in a good location for sight seeing. It has every thing you would need in a basic hotel. The price was very good and the staff very helpful. The hotel was clean and comfortable. I would definitely stay there again. It is great value for money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple