“Great time in London”

Days Hotel London- Waterloo
Ranked #457 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Just spent 4 days in London staying at this hotel.Great location, friendly staff,room was fine,wifi available in our room, beds comfy.Just a short walk to underground so London is ready and waiting for you to explore.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank RoyMeBoy
Issam I, General Manager at Days Hotel London- Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2014

Dear RoyMeBoy

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay I do look forward to welcoming you back here in our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed there with my husband for four nights. The rooms are REALLY small, so if you open two suitcases at the same time, there won't be much space left to walk around. The bathroom was newly renovated and modern. Breakfast is ok, but you could find better options in the area. Location is great for sightseeing purposes, Big Ben, London Eye, Westminster are all within 10-15 minute walk. There's a bus stop right by the hotel that came in very handy as well. Tubes is a block away. Overall the hotel is a good choice if you are looking for a place to sleep and take shower at. Would definitely stay there again

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Anastasia M

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The hotel is located nicely close to a metro station and those who don't mind some walking can even walk to the river and city center. It took me about an hour to get from the London City Airport to the hotel. The hotel is in a quiet street with a park across from it. I was surprised that the hotel had given me a room for disabled people, which meant I had to brush my teeth in a sink that was knee high and didn't have any shelfs surrounding it. After complaining I got another room. The rooms were both small but nicely decorated and very clean. The beds were comfortable. Service was basic and so was the breakfast. Stayed for 4 nights and breakfast was the same every day except for the last day when they left out the salad. If you prefer large breakfasts I suggest ordering the English breakfast.
Wifi wasn't working very well in the second room I had. Worked fine in the first one.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a room where the wifi is working well.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night for business on the Southbank and checked in late (around 8pm) and this wasn't a problem. I had to pay for the room on arrival after booking through booking.com.

The room was absolutely fine - quite a small size, but with all one needs for a short stay away including tea & coffee facilities. The room and bathroom were spotlessly clean. The staff were polite and friendly. It obviously looks like an older hotel from the images that I found on the internet prior to my stay and I was a little dubious, however this is good value for money and only a short 10 minute walk to Waterloo area/Thames/London Eye. The hotel is also on a street with plenty of shops, restaurants and take aways nearby. No comment on the food as I didn't have any during my stay.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again if required.

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor overlooking the front of the hotel - no noise with the windows shut.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed for five nights with my Wife, the room is small, with minimal storage space, but if you don't mind living out of your suitcase, then it is not a problem. The room was spotless, the bed comfortable, tea and coffee facilities are provided.
We had a problem with the toilet flush, and reported it, unfortunately it appears that the maintenance Staff leave early, so we had to wait until the following day for it to be fixed, but it was done.
The Reception Staff were very friendly and efficient. The continental breakfast is more than adequate, with yoghurt, cereals, bread rolls, croissants, fresh fruit, toast, fruit juice, coffee, tea etc. why pay £6 extra for a cooked breakfast?
Lambeth North Tube Station is only 2 minutes walk away, and it is only a twenty minute brisk walk down to the Thames.
The Hotel is ideally placed whether for business, or site-seeing, and if you rather spend your money touring the attractions, then this is definitely a Hotel I would recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Rooms are smallish but clean and efficient. Kettle with tea and coffee provided, bathroom cleverly designed to make most of available space. Bit more hanging space would have been nice. Continental breakfast was good with fresh fruits and nice croissants and rolls. Good free wifi. Close to Lambeth North tube station, restaurants and pubs on site and close by. Blocked drain was taken care of immediately, even in the evening. In short: very adequate for city or business trip.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Very friendly and efficient check in. The room, though not large, was spotless. In room coffee
maker a bonus. Cannot comment on restaurant or breakfast room as I did not use. Have no idea
of a room cost as I used Reward Points. Underground station is two minutes away and London Eye and Parliament Square can be reached in under ten minutes walking time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Issam I, General Manager at Days Hotel London- Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear 183PeterL,

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. I do look forward to welcoming you back here in our hotel in the near future.