“4 day sightseeing trip”

Ranked #411 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Gloucestershire
“4 day sightseeing trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

After reading some of the reviews I was a little worried about staying here. Just goes to show that there's a lot of moaners out there! All the staff I met were pleasant and welcoming and very willing to answer any questions that I had. Our room was very clean, as were the twin beds which were very comfortable and lovely thick pillows. The bathroom modern, clean and a wonderful hot shower! Hand soap and shower gel provided and not the little bottles, full dispensers with a lovely scent. A very filling breakfast which kept us going through the day and I must say a lovely lady greeted us every morning. I didn't feel as if there was any rush to eat and leave and I noticed how quickly after guests had left she cleared and wiped the tables for the next. I wasn't disturbed through the night with road noise and that was with the windows opened, though if you find vehicles passing by a problem bring earplugs! Lambeth North tube is at the end of the road and there's plenty of buses to get you to where you want to go. Of course you can stay closer to Westminster Bridge etc but expect to pay a lot more than Days Hotel. I'd stay here again without worry.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Issam I, General Manager at Days Hotel London- Waterloo, responded to this review, 3 October 2014
Dear Alison M

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay I do look forward to welcoming you back here in our hotel in the near future.

Issam Ismail

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Guernsey, Channel Islands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Great place to stay BUT I requested a quiet room in my booking and what we got was the noisiest, hottest room we have ever stayed in, without air cond, in London in July! The tiny room was in the front of the hotel overlooking a busy intersection and without aircon we had to keep the window open. Not a wink of sleep was had in our one night occupancy. If this budget hotel had the same money back guarantee that Premier Inn give if you can't sleep I would made a claim. The price I paid was really good, but not when you factor in the most uncomfortable night ever spent in a London hotel in over 70 visits! Also the public areas were scruffy and the decor tired and dirty, although the room was newly decorated and spotless. Staff were really kind. Sorry Days Inn, until you get some air conditioning and smarten up your act, we will not be back.

Room Tip: Don't just ask for a quiet room, check it out and make sure you are in the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SarniaCherie
Dear SarniaCherie

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback it’s always interesting and helpful for us to hear a customer’s point of view.

Kind regards,

Issam ismail
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

The service was absolutely terrible. Staff did not even bother to smile and looked bored to work there. There was only one member of staff that smiled and that was in the morning after our visit. The breakfast food that was included in the price was shockingly bad. We asked a member of staff a question and we didn't even get a proper response. I'm giving this two stars only because the showers were clean however the bed side tables were covered in dust. Bed was comfortable but the room sizes are tiny. It wasn't even worth the money that we paid. Will not be staying here again. However if you're just looking for a place to stay for a night and if you're not fussed about customer service, politeness or dirt cheap food then by all means go for it, but if you're staying for a nice weekend then it's not worth the hassle.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank QuagsireEX .
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Just spent 4 days in London staying at this hotel.Great location, friendly staff,room was fine,wifi available in our room, beds comfy.Just a short walk to underground so London is ready and waiting for you to explore.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank RoyMeBoy
Dear RoyMeBoy

Centreville, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed there with my husband for four nights. The rooms are REALLY small, so if you open two suitcases at the same time, there won't be much space left to walk around. The bathroom was newly renovated and modern. Breakfast is ok, but you could find better options in the area. Location is great for sightseeing purposes, Big Ben, London Eye, Westminster are all within 10-15 minute walk. There's a bus stop right by the hotel that came in very handy as well. Tubes is a block away. Overall the hotel is a good choice if you are looking for a place to sleep and take shower at. Would definitely stay there again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Anastasia M

Oost-Souburg
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

The hotel is located nicely close to a metro station and those who don't mind some walking can even walk to the river and city center. It took me about an hour to get from the London City Airport to the hotel. The hotel is in a quiet street with a park across from it. I was surprised that the hotel had given me a room for disabled people, which meant I had to brush my teeth in a sink that was knee high and didn't have any shelfs surrounding it. After complaining I got another room. The rooms were both small but nicely decorated and very clean. The beds were comfortable. Service was basic and so was the breakfast. Stayed for 4 nights and breakfast was the same every day except for the last day when they left out the salad. If you prefer large breakfasts I suggest ordering the English breakfast.
Wifi wasn't working very well in the second room I had. Worked fine in the first one.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a room where the wifi is working well.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night for business on the Southbank and checked in late (around 8pm) and this wasn't a problem. I had to pay for the room on arrival after booking through booking.com.

The room was absolutely fine - quite a small size, but with all one needs for a short stay away including tea & coffee facilities. The room and bathroom were spotlessly clean. The staff were polite and friendly. It obviously looks like an older hotel from the images that I found on the internet prior to my stay and I was a little dubious, however this is good value for money and only a short 10 minute walk to Waterloo area/Thames/London Eye. The hotel is also on a street with plenty of shops, restaurants and take aways nearby. No comment on the food as I didn't have any during my stay.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again if required.

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor overlooking the front of the hotel - no noise with the windows shut.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business