“Still happy”

Ranked #418 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Still happy”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I was staying here last year with my bestiest we were already happy with the room and location, walking distance to all london attraction and bear metro and bus shelter... Also the room clean and appropriate but not in the summer as it was dang hot in the room despite the fan too bad there is no aircon ... I still happy with the service and wirth the money i paid !

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Issam I, General Manager at Days Hotel London- Waterloo, responded to this review, 2 October 2014
Dear Ephie L

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay I do look forward to welcoming you back here in our hotel in the near future.

Kind regards

Issam ismail

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed for one night on business in July 2014. On arrival I was met by an unfriendly receptionist who seemed disinterested and irritated. I was allocated a double room on the 4th floor which was adequate, reasonably clean with an ok shower room. However the room was absolutely steaming hot. There was a fan, but this only served to blow the hot air around. Although the location is convenient for central London it is in a poor area. As a lone female business traveller I didn't feel comfortable leaving the hotel to eat in the evening so decided to use the hotel restaurant. This was the biggest disappointment. I was again greeted by an extremely unfriendly waitress, whose customer service skills were absolutely non-existent. I ordered the halloumi salad to start which is really difficult to get wrong. However, the halloumi was revolting, rubbery and flavourless and served on a greasy bed of salad. I will certainly not return or recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Issam I, General Manager at Days Hotel London- Waterloo, responded to this review, 3 October 2014
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for taking time to write the review. We are very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay at Days Hotel Waterloo. We would kindly ask you to contact Days Hotel Waterloo to give us some more details, so we can speak to appropriate staff in regards their actions.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The location of this hotel was decent (15 minute walk to Westminster Bridge) and it had free WiFi. If you're looking for a comfortable room, however, look elsewhere. This hotel had no AC, and even when the temperatures drop at night, the room still stays muggy and humid. The bed also seemed like it was made out of plato. This hotel should be rated lower than a 3.5.

Dear Sir

Thank you for taking time to write the review. We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the quality of the bed, however at the beginning of 2014 we have changed all of our mattresses in all of the rooms. We are sorry to hear that temperature in the room wasn't up to you expectation, however we do not advertise our rooms as an air conditioned ones. However, your valuable comment was heard, and corrective actions will be taken on board.

Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The Hotel is situated just 5 mins walk from Lambeth North Tube Station, 20 mins walk from Waterloo, and 25 mins walk to The Thames, Lambeth Palace area and Westminster bridge. Buses also pass the Hotel to and from Waterloo. It's at a busy road junction and almost opposite the Imperial War Museum. Rooms are only medium sized but clean & well furnished, bathroom was clean and modern though cramped, very good shower and plenty of hot water. No Air conditioning in the room, and we found it rather hot at night, though you could open the double glazed window, but then it would be noisy from the busy traffic. The bed was comfortable though the pillows were foam filled which is a personal dislike! Reception staff were friendly and helpful. We would stay here again, as convenient location for our needs, and considering its location price is reasonable for London. Only drawback would be no Air Conditioning in bedrooms, and in hot weather it could be a problem for some. Cannot comment on breakfast as we did not use the restaurant.

Dear JohnHWBirmingham

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback it’s always interesting and helpful for us to hear a customer’s point of view.

Kind regards,

Bristol
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

OK. I was booked into this hotel on my behalf by my employer as a last minute booking. I checked it out online literally an hour or two before checking in, then got mad... I thought - great, a hot day in London, and im checked into an ex-office block turned into an american budget chain hotel. I thought.... this is going to be a nightmare, then got madder after reading the tripadvisor reviews. I was too tired, and needed to check in, and couldnt procrastinate anymore. Then my views all changed. I checked in, the staff were really friendly, and the reception/ bar area whilst budget like was clean and had plenty going on. Got into the room, and it was OK. It felt clean, and whilst generally small, had everything you needed. The refurbished bathroom with walkin shower was excellent - faultless. It had an OK TV, free wi-fi and a kettle etc... Thankfully, my room had a fan, otherwise it would have been too hot to sleep. The windows down open, as it has old skool double glazing. Despite beinv on a major conjuction, I couldnt hear any traffic. I had a great nights sleep, and felt refreshed. The bed was comfortable, a bit springy, and not up to say PremierInn bed quality, but was good enough for a comfortable sleep. We paid £113.50 for one night including full english breafast. As I had an early appointment, I didnt do breakfast some cannot comment. Would I stay here again? I would. Wouldnt be my first choice ifi had a better quality hotel on offer, but wouldnt be bothered or offended if I ended up uere again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Seongnam
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Location was fantastic for everything we wanted to do (Westminster area, train to Windsor, cricket match at the Oval), as bus connections were excellent or things were within walking distance. Room can get a bit stuffy at times but it was comfortable enough while basic. Basically a Days Inn Hotel room thats about 3-4 times as expensive...but still a pretty good deal for London (and especially the prime spot it's located in)...staff weren't overly friendly but helped out with everything I asked...the convenient location outweighed all of those minor issues though....oh, and wifi worked great

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Bribie Island
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Had a great 2 night stay in this hotel. Good value considering it's close proximity to tourist spots. Short 15 minute walk to London Eye. Train station 5 minute walk. Rooms standard and clean. Bathroom ok but shower a little small. Breakfast had a choice of continental or full cooked. No complaints at all. Would recommend this hotel.

Dear Lyone