“Good value”

Days Hotel London- Waterloo
Ranked #452 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 17 July 2014

London hotels vary in price and quality, not always correlated. Stayed here for one night for a 2 day meeting in London and found the quality far better than what I expected based on previous London experience at that cost. Good location, close to Waterloo, Lambeth and Elephant & Castle stations. Room was small, but comfortable. Only downside was the lack of air conditioning. They do have fans in the room, but when London is hot, this makes little difference. Bathroom was 'compact', but worked ok. Free wifi worked well and the breakfast was ok. Overall, good value for the price of the room with breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank MarkP39
Issam I, Manager at Days Hotel London- Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear MarkP39

Thank you very much for giving us your feedback, we're pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay!

best Regards

There are newer reviews for Days Hotel London- Waterloo

Reviewed 17 July 2014

The room wasn't bad and was fairly clean and modern but there is no air conditioning. It was incredibly stuffy and uncomfortable both in the room and in the hotel reception/bar.
Food wasn't particularly good and was over priced.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Issam I, General Manager at Days Hotel London- Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2014

Dear Sally

Thank you for taking time to write the review. Your advise has been heard, and taken on board. In regards food, corrective actions were taken.

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Recently spent 3 nights staying at this hotel and was impressed. Hotel was in a convenient location with about a 2 minute walk from tube station. The hotel room was everything we needed it to be, very clean and comfortable. Only downside was no air con, although a fan was provided which did help a little. I found the staff to be very helpful and very pleasant. Would definitely stay here again

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steven139
Issam I, General Manager at Days Hotel London- Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2014

Dear Steven139

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay I do look forward to welcoming you back here in our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Right from the check in the service was first class. We have stayed in many 4 & 5 star hotels in London over the years and I have to say the Days Inn service surpasses all of them.The room was small but it had everthing that we needed. The breakfast was first class it was very tasty and there was a good selection to choose from.We ate in the restaurant on the second night and the food was perfect as was the staff waiting on us.I would recommend this hotel to everyone as it was central to all of London and I can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Issam I, General Manager at Days Hotel London- Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2014

Dear Patricia B

Kind regards

Reviewed 16 July 2014

As expected in this price range. Spent three nights there in february 2014. The rooms where nice and clean, ok size. We had free wifi in the room, a small fridge, tea and coffee. Tv in the room as well. We walked 10 min. to waterloo station, and could get to wherever we wanted from here, ok location. We ate at the breakfast buffet at the hotel once..that was enough - you should go to a coffeehouse/restaurant down the road instead (for more variation in the menu).

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Issam I, General Manager at Days Hotel London- Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

dear Haskelanda

Thank your for taking the time to write a rewiev about your recent stay at our hotel as your feedback is extremely valuable to us.

We appreciate your comments and hope we can welcome you again at our property.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I was staying here last year with my bestiest we were already happy with the room and location, walking distance to all london attraction and bear metro and bus shelter... Also the room clean and appropriate but not in the summer as it was dang hot in the room despite the fan too bad there is no aircon ... I still happy with the service and wirth the money i paid !

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Ephie L

Kind regards

Issam ismail

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed for one night on business in July 2014. On arrival I was met by an unfriendly receptionist who seemed disinterested and irritated. I was allocated a double room on the 4th floor which was adequate, reasonably clean with an ok shower room. However the room was absolutely steaming hot. There was a fan, but this only served to blow the hot air around. Although the location is convenient for central London it is in a poor area. As a lone female business traveller I didn't feel comfortable leaving the hotel to eat in the evening so decided to use the hotel restaurant. This was the biggest disappointment. I was again greeted by an extremely unfriendly waitress, whose customer service skills were absolutely non-existent. I ordered the halloumi salad to start which is really difficult to get wrong. However, the halloumi was revolting, rubbery and flavourless and served on a greasy bed of salad. I will certainly not return or recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for taking time to write the review. We are very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay at Days Hotel Waterloo. We would kindly ask you to contact Days Hotel Waterloo to give us some more details, so we can speak to appropriate staff in regards their actions.