Commodore Hotel
US$261
US$216
  • Pool
1,035 results
All reviewslancaster gatecontinental breakfastcentral linefour poster bedquiet areapaddington stationoxford streetlovely room
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Terrible no heating room freezing, noisey from air con unit outside. Hotel New there was no heating but didn't tell us, complained and he said "I know" disgusting would not Mervyn Dog stay there, breakfast was cheap and only 1 cup of tea- they dint do tea pots, such a shame location good hotel terrible. DO NOT STAY HERE

3  Thank Caroline M
Customer C, Customer Care at Commodore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am really sorry for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us. We did had a boiler breakdown, due to which heaters in the room didnt work.
This is not our standard service and I assure you the work for boiler is taken as the highest priority.
I hope this one of incidence will not stop you from using our hotel in the future.

Warm Regards,
Customer Care Team.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Just stayed there for two nights. What a horrible place! Stay clear of it. Despite of having requested a non smoking room twice, we ended up with a smoking room. I even asked when we checked in, and the staff assured me it was non smoking. Well, what a croc. The room stated it was smokinf´g allowed, on the door. And ashtrays inside, and bad smell. The room was also freezing cold, with no the heating system not working. Also, surprise, surprise: a cochroach in the bathroom. The carpet was dirty and full of holes. I also paid for my sons room, and he had a single room on the 4th floor. To get there you had to take a lift to the 6th floor, then walk down 2 floors. And his bed looked like a childs bed. Be warned. Stay away.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank 164HRyan
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

My mam and I were staying in this hotel for a birthday celebration but unfortunately we had to leave due to an unexpected death at home in Ireland.
However I can only compliment the commodore hotel, their location and staff.
I have never met such kind caring considerate and helpful people as the staff of this hotel. I can only say if I ever return to London I will most definitely stay here as everything was brilliant. Thank you to all the staff in the hotel for being so nice to us during the week. We really appreciated it.

Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Stayed 4 nights in King Room and must say that I was totally satisfied and impressed. Room size was great and well decorated, the complimentary breakfast was very good and the location excellent. Staff was friendly. Highly recommend this hotel and the king rooms.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Moracc
Reviewed 2 November 2013

The room wasn't an inch larger than some I had at 3*-hotels in London, but the gym definitely is an asset that justified the additional star for me. Excellent location, decent breakfast, though you may want to brace for some waiting time on a weekend morning.
Appreciated the early check-in at 10am and the night-receptionist went the extra mile, lending me his private iphone-cable after mine failed upon only my promise to return it.
The only disappointment was the reservation taken on my credit card for eventual mini-bar use when this was broken and very run-down shower-faciilities.
Would warrant a "gut" rather than "befriedigend", but "sehr gut" would be too much praise.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo