Best Western Mornington Hotel
Elysee Hotel(London)
  • Restaurant
The Columbia(London)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslancaster gateclose to hyde parklibrary barsingle roomcentral linebayswater roadwinter wonderlandbreakfast staffmarble archminute walkbreakfast roomheathrow expressironing boardkensington gardenssmall roomexcellent breakfastquiet street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I like this hotel because of its excellent location, a minute from the tube and that the rooms are nice and clean and recently renovated. Last time I stayed here was two years ago and the improvements since then are the staff. Last time the staff was unfriendly, you felt like you were just a new problem when you walked in. This time all of the staff was very nice and helpful. From the check-in , the breakfast staff and until you checked out. They said hello, good afternoon and good morning when you passed the reception. Two years ago they just looked blank at you with a slight frown. The breakfast is even better than last time. It was good then but had more choises now. We asked for a quiet room facing the back and we got one. There's a little noice from the pub but nothing to disturb a good night's sleep. I would definitely stay here next time in London.
The minus: The beds have these plastic bed covers under the sheets and nothing more. I can't sleep with these so I always remove them and hide them in the closet... There are nice thin , cheap bed matresses avaliable on IKEA that would protect the bed, make the beds more comfortable and are easy to wash... Just a tip..

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lena312
Byron W, General Manager at Best Western Mornington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Iena312,

Thank you very for taking the time to post comments from your recent trip on tripadvisor. I value all of the feedback and comments that we get as it helps me to learn where we need to improve so we can give our future guests a great stay.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and have seen the improvements. I have noted your comments about the bed. We are looking at what else we can do to improve the quality of the bedding as this is the most important factor in a hotel room after cleanliness so your comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you when you are next in London If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me

Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

Profile: 2 Adults & 2 Kids in Duplex Room

Pros: Duplex room was fantastic for family, decor in hotel is very nice, service is very good and 2 mins walk to Hyde Park / Tube Station

Cons: The rooms can be a tad noisy as the sound proofing isn't quite what it should be as per other reviews but this shouldn't put you off.

Overview: Really enjoyed our stay and will return on our next London visit. Would recommend others with family to stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear KHillis2012,
Thank you very for taking the time to share your recent experience on tripadvisor. I value all of the feedback and comments that we get as it helps me to learn where we need to improve so we can give our future guests a great stay.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have noted your comments about the noise. We are looking at what else we can do to improve this. We are having our sash windows overhauled to see if this will improve the noise proofing.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Overall nice hotel but you have to watch out. They sell you rooms with virtually no window.
I asked for another room but the offered room was substandard.
GBP 219 for two nights wthout window is definitely too much.

Somewhere near the room there must have been some kind of motor. It was loud.

TIP: If you go there do NOT take room no. 508

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Dear TOMSZ62
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We take all the feedback we get very seriously as we use this as our key tool to improve experience that we can give to our future guests. We go through all the reviews we get daily with the leadership team with in the hotel.
I am very sorry to hear that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations. I have received your email regarding your stay with us. I understand that you were offered another room, after which you decided that you preferred to stay in 508. I have spoken with the reception team about this and used this as a basis for handling future feedback to ensure our actions that we have satisfied your expectations
Once again thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback not only during your stay but also subsequently. Please accept my sincere apologies for not rectifying this at the time. I hope that you will give us another chance in the future.
Kind regards

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Ok, the hotel is nice, very good location. But if by any chance, you need anything else, don't count on it. Not emphatic at all and they cant solve even minor issues. Charlotte and the trainee, terrible attention :(

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Marianoar82
I would like to extend my sincere apologies for not meeting your additional requirements. I have spoken with Charlotte and Evaldas to see if they know what we could have done better. Unfortunately neither member of staff is aware of what you are after. If you have time I would appreciate it if you could let me know what we could have done better. As you will see form other staff generally we are able to meet expectations of our guests.
I hope that you will give us another chance in the future.
Kind regards

Reviewed 31 December 2013

We stayed for a couple of nights in the split level executive suite. There was enough room for 2 adults and 2 teenage children - the split level layout was great. The hotel is in a fantastic location right near Hyde Park and Paddington Station. There are heaps of pubs, cafés and restaurants within 5 minutes walk and sightseeing (Trafalgar Square, Buckingham Palace etc) and shopping (Portobello Rd markets) are only a few minutes away via the Tube, which meant we could pack heaps into a short stay! Staff were friendly and efficient. Enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear ShellElliot,
Thank you very for taking the time to share your recent experience on tripadvisor. We take all the feedback we get very seriously as we use this as our key tool to improve experience that we can give to our future guests. We go through all the reviews we get daily with the leadership team with in the hotel.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our staff to be friendly and efficient.
I look forward to welcoming you when you are next in London.
If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me