“Great Stay in Central London”

Best Western Mornington Hotel
Ranked #408 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Stayed at the Mornington Hotel, Lancaster Gate on business as I was attending a function at the Lancaster, just along the road. The hotel was very good indeed. Friendly and polite staff and very high standard of service. I didn't have occasion to try the bar or restaurant facilities but the room was clean and well equipped and the bed very comfortable. Good shower and plenty of hot water - who could ask for more?!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Byron W, General Manager at Best Western Mornington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Janis T
Thank you very for taking the time to share your experience with us on tripadvisor. We review the feedback that we get on a daily basis so that we can make teh changes that matter to our guests and continually improve our offering
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Once again thank you for your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in London.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Enjoyed prompt and friendly check-in for a spotless Executive Suite upgrade (with 2 TVs), from a one-night direct booking for a double bed. This hotel is excellent value and perfect location in London as it accepts AAA membership discounts - common in the U.S. but not in the UK - and just 6 short blocks' walk from Paddington rail station (Heathrow Express arrivals). I have stayed at the Corus hotel across the street for years but chose this one as it is freshly remodeled, offers some larger rooms and is quieter - as it does not front busy Bayswater Rd.
Delighted with the reliable free wifi and I've found no better value within 1 tube stop distance away from Oxford Street shopping and a stone's throw from Hyde Park.

Room Tip: Executive suite 102 is a large loft unit with an atrium window view of Hyde Park - excellent value i...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank L K

Dear LK
Thank you very for taking the time to share your experience with us on tripadvisor. I value all of the feedback that we get as it helps myelf and the management team focus on what is important for our future guests.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us since moving from the Chorus Hotel.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I stayed here for a couple of night on business as I found a pretty good room rate. It's a good location, very close to Hyde Park, but not on the main road. For tourists I imagine it's pretty good as it's close to the west end and other attractions.

Checking in was straightforward and I was impressed that someone called me soon after I arrived to check that I was happy with the room - big plus point,

The room itself was fine. Perhaps a little small, but perfectly OK for my needs, well decorated, with a safe and ironing board (both essential items), good size desk and comfy bed. If I have a criticism it would be the bathroom. The shower was great, but you couldn't sit on the loo comfortably as the hand basin got in the way! Also, once again, the bathroom mirror wasn't heated, so shaving after a shower was not so easy. It was nice to have a window that opened onto a street that was reasonably quiet.

Breakfast was reasonable, but not the best I've ever had. Some of the food was a little lukewarm, but that was really the only criticism.

Staff generally very attentive and service overall very good.

The bar was a nice space, particularly with the library feel, but the drink options were somewhat limited. Many good pubs nearby though.

I'd be happy to return.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear DickBurton
Thank you very for taking the time to share your experience with us on tripadvisor. We appreciate all the feedback that we get as it is the most useful tool we have to improve the stays of future guests.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am very appreciative of your detailed feedback. We are currently looking at how we can warm the plates at breakfast. Having cold plates is why the food is not piping hot when you eat it.
I have also made a note of your comments about the bathroom which we will look at when we next refurbish the hotel.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

It was very nice staying in this hotel, I got benefit from a discount for 2 days in march, it dropped from 160 pp to 64 pp for a couple of nights. It was a very clean hotel with very good service. what I dislike is charging me when I ordered the breakfast to my room

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Dear Ranj Kanaan R
I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I have noted your comments about the Tray charge for room service. We have a tray charge to cover the additional cost of delivering breakfast to the room.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Really disappointed with our room, there was no room to put our cases so we had to walk over them to get to and from the bathroom, the bed was only accessible from one side, so my husband had to climb over me to get out.
Sheets on arrival had stains which they did change once we complained, but very disappointing.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nuala S

Dear Nuala S
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us on tripadvisor. I appreciate all the feedback that we get and we will go through the feedback on a daily basis as it helps us to improve the experience for future guests.
I am sorry that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations. I appreciate your comments about the size of the room. Whilst in comparrsion to hotels outside of London our rooms are small they are slightly above the average one can expect in a 4 star hotel in London with Doubles at 13.5 Square meters. As we are an old building each room has a unique size and layout.
I hope that you will reconsider and give us another opportunity when you are next in London.
Kind regards

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I am writing this review whilst I am staying here. I came here with reasonable expectations after reading the reviews. Unfortunately I found the drain to the shower blocked so I was unable to take my usual shower after my long journey. I called reception and they advised that they would not be able to get someone in until 8am tomorrow. To be honest I expected that. However what was unexpected was the lack of an apology and no conciliatory attempt to appease my disappointment. The best I got was that I could call for more towels to absorb the overflow!! I am stay in 304 with the single bed. I should have gone to my usual...Premier Inn with whom I have more than 40 times and have always received a great customer experience.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank GoldSandman

Dear GoldSandman
Please accept my apologies for the blocked drain in your room. I have spoken to my housekeeping team to ensure that we are checking the drains daily to ensure that this does not happen again.
Our reception team have also looked at how they could show more compassion and understanding.
Kind regards

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Convenient location just 5 mins walk from Paddington Station. The room was a small single room, very clean and situated in a quiet location. Check-in and check-out was very quick and all members of staff served me with a smile. I will definitely use this hotel again when I'm next in town on a budget. I bought the room direct from the hotels website as this was the cheapest price I could find.

Room Tip: Buy direct from the hotels website, they also send you a discount code for 10% off your next stay.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank BankofPapa
Byron W, General Manager at Best Western Mornington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear BankofPapa
I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the best rate on our website. We aim to give the best value for money in the area and check our competitors prices daily to ensure that we are the cheapest.