“Clean and quiet, but single room is too small”

Best Western Mornington Hotel
Ranked #410 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Montreal, Canada
“Clean and quiet, but single room is too small”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed there for business. Location is great, right next to Hyde Park. Hotel is clean and fully renovated. Great staff. I had a single room, it was spotless but small. If you staying more than 1 night, you might want to get a bigger room and bigger bed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Byron W, General Manager at Best Western Mornington Hotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Vasily K
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I would agree with you the Single rooms are a better fit for short stays. We do have Double rooms with Queen sized beds and Twins which can be Super King Sized for those that wish to have a larger bed.
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate all the feedback that we get as it is the most useful tool we have to improve the stays of future guests.
I hope to welcome you back when you are next in London.
Email: byron@mornington.co.uk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I had booked 2 nights in this hotel for my Mums 70th birthday and we were not disappointed. Our room was not ready when we checked in but we were able to leave our luggage in a locked room. When we returned later on in the day our luggage had been left in our room for us which was nice and also was a bottle of wine and a letter to wish my Mum a happy birthday. I had requested about a month before our stay if we could have a good room as it was a special occasion and Bryon the manager made sure we had a lovely twin room and a good size.
Everything in the hotel was spotlessly clean and modern and the breakfasts were excellent. I also found all the staff to be polite and friendly.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Rosie Fitz,
Thank you for your lovely review. I am pleased that both you and your mum enjoyed your visit with us. I am very pleased that you found the team to be friendly and polite. I am very lucky to have a great team who want to make every guest happy.
I hope to see you again for the 71st birthday
Winnipeg
Reviewed 13 June 2014

And I mean little - to start with we checked in the smallest room I have ever seen - there was no place to open a suite case never mind two. The bed was closed in by 3 walls so you had to climb over my husband to get out. We asked to be moved to a larger room and they did the next day, and the room was a little larger but the bathroom was smaller and the elevator was right outside our door. the window looked out to all the air vents - was the noisiest room ever as well. We were booked & paid for 6 days so we couldn't even cancel and move to another hotel - and it was very expensive for so little. We are Diamond Elite members but that didn't help. The desk staff was trying to be helpful but not very friendly. The breakfasts were good but the same very day - the staff was great. Needless to say it was the first time we were disappointed by a Best Western.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CarenK
Dear CarenK
Thank you very for taking the time to share your experience with us on tripadvisor. We appreciate all the feedback that we get as it is the most useful tool we have to improve the stays of future guests.
I am sorry that we were unable to allocate you a room to suit your needs. I have noted your comments and we are reviewing our room allocation for long staying guests so that they can have larger rooms.
We pride ourselves on consistency in both the service and the product at breakfast. We did consider having changing items but the feedback that we received indicated that guests would prefer having a good selection daily that stay the same.
Once again please accept my apologies for a disappointing stay. I hope that you will give us another chance and if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me
Thessaloniki, Greece
Reviewed 12 June 2014

For:perfectly located,partially renovated, quiet spot,the subway 3 minute walk, the breakfast tasty
Against: the rooms were small, no fridge, the breakfast room in the basement floor( no view),the concierge stuff seemed inexperienced yet friendly.
Verdict:the choice is yours

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear ArisWon
Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. I am sorry that we did not give you a great stay on this occasion.
I have noted your comments about the partial renovation and wondered what you considered to be unfinished or could be improved.
I agree that in comparison to other cities in the world London Hotels have smaller rooms and will make use of all the available space which is why the lower ground floor is nearly always used for guests.
I do appreciate your feedback as it helps us understand what we need to improve. I hope that you will give us another chance and if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me
West Sussex, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

A two-double-room one-night booking made SIX WEEKS prior to arrival. Very disappointed. Lovely helpful staff, and one room was OK, albeit without either any bathroom glasses or even a plastic shower cap. The other room was so miniscule that the double-bed had to be positioned under the window and ACROSS the 2 metre width of the room, thus with walls right up against THREE sides of it. Lord alone knows how the maid coped with changing the bed-linen. Obviously a mere part of a former larger original room, and then again subsequently changed from a single-bed to double-bed occupancy. Absolutely ridiculous. Avoid tiny room 113 at all costs. At £157.50 room only for one night Outrageous ! For an extra £15 per person (£12.50 per person if pre-booked) buffet breakfast was actually quite good. However, we would not risk getting another room like that.
Genuine Hotels.com guest review

Room Tip: Even booking six weeks in advance is clearly no guarantee of an acceptable room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank AviationSpirit
Byron W, General Manager at Best Western Mornington Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear AviationSpirit
I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this visit. I understand your feelings about room 113. We try where possible to allocate the rooms to meet the needs of each guest but this is not always possible. I am pleased that you found the staff to be helpful and friendly.
Once again thank you for your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in London.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I spent 28 nights here and the only thing that I would change is that I would carpet the room floors as they are noisy. The room was updated as advertised with a very new and clean looking bathroom. The staff is friendly and since I stayed so long, I spoke with many of them. I did not try the breakfast as it was too pricey for me. The lobby and bar areas are clean and comfortable. The best selling point for me was the location to the nearest tube (Lancaster Gate is about 1.5 blocks) and Paddington train/tube station which has a direct route from Heathrow Airport was about 6 short blocks away. The fountains in Hyde park are very closeby. There are a number of ethnic restaurants and services in the immediate area and more are located about a 15 minute walk away near the Queensway tube station. I would choose this hotel again as it was in a fairly peaceful road just off the main road.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room away from the elevators and I got one which was so appreciated since I was s...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Tiki63
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us on tripadvisor. I appreciate all the feedback that we get and we will go through the feedback on a daily basis as it helps us to improve the experience for future guests.
It is very good to get positive feedback and know that we met your expectations and great to hear you loved the location.
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Beautiful interior, modern decor. excellent location, across the road from Hyde Park, close to tube and buses, nice walk to Oxford Street. Stayed in a single room, good size with tea and coffee facilities. Nice bathroom.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear Christina W
I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.