“4 nights in so paddington”
Review of So Paddington

So Paddington
Ranked #968 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 25 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 night while we were visiting London. Didn't expext too much so there was no surprises. When we arrived the girl at the reception seemed to be nice, checked in, went to the room. Its not a suite but we didn't pay for that either. Room was basic, that's all we needed, spent the days in London just went back to sleep n had breakfast...breakfast was basic as well but filled us up every morning. Overall it was a good few days. Only thing what could change is the windows in the room. There is a big gap between them, rooms are could be cold at winter time.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

This hotel isn't to bad. Just around corner from paddington. Hotel is like converted house. Steep stairs, rooms very small, clean beds, no views from window. Bathroom tiny, doesn't feel clean. I would suggest to only use this hotel for a short duration. As a place to change and sleep, that's it. Girl on reception very helpful with bus guides etc.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

after reading reviews we were very aprehensive.however on arrival i was surprised.The receptionist was lovely even though a very rude man had obviously upset her whilst we were waiting to check in.The room although small had a comforable bed and was fine for an overnight stay.Definitly suitable for the price we paid.Breakfast although no english available was completey adequate.If you want better then you should pay for it !!!

Reviewed 22 March 2013

I wasnt expecting the ritz for the price i payed, the only good thing was how close the hotel is to paddington station.The girl on reception was helpful, but the man was very unhelpful we told him that the window in the room wouldnt stay open and he looked at me has if i was mad,said he would come up to the room to fix it and suprise suprise never turned up, We had to wedge it open with a mug that was in the room.The room could of been cleaner, The bathroom a complete joke was more like a cupboard could barely bend to clean teeth and door into it only opened about a quarter of the way and hit the cracked sink.There was no bedside cabinets.We spent 2 nights there and the bed wasnt changed after 1st night just remade half heartedly.The whole place looks like it needs a makeover, we didnt use the kettle in the room to make tea or coffee has the kettle was dirty and put us off.We spent has little time has possible in the room found it realy depressing, and to top it off we went down to the basement for breakfast on the narrow and steep stairs and the door opened inwards at the top very dangerous.The cereal is kept in open bowls for you to help yourself with no lid so my cornflakes had gone soft i never bothered with breakfast there on the 2nd day. NEVER AGAIN.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

I booked this hotel, then read the reviews. I was dreading what I would find on arrival. True it is a five storey building with no lift, and true the continental breakfast is served in the cellar.
On arrival we went to reception to book in and the receptionist was pleasant and gave us the key to our room. (thankfully we were only on the second floor) The room was very small and basic, there isn't a picture on the web of it. It was very warm and on opening the window we discovered that it would not stay up on it's own so we propped it up with a mug from the tray. The bed was well used but still comfortable and the sheets were clean, the bedspread was tatty with quite a few holes in. The Ensuite was very small with a tiny cracked sink which was impossible to use except for brushing your teeth. The shower was old but useable. It was also very noisy with creaking floor boards above. The continental breakfast was very poor but as it was in with the price and not an extra it wasn't worth complaining, not that it would have been any good as the girl serving was not interested in whether you ate or drank!
Anyway would I recomend this hotel.... Yes I would, but only if you can't afford anything better. It was Ok for the price, it is in London after all. It is very convenient to the tube station and you can walk to all London's attractions from here (if you like walking)

Room Tip: Phone ahead and request a room that is advertised
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Upon arrival I was greeted by a very unhelpful man who couldn't be bothered to show me to my room and left me to struggle with my suit case up the stairs. When going in to my room it was nothing like the pictures advertising on line. There was a horrible stench of drains which smelt like sewage!! The room was far from clean!! The window didn't close properly there were holes in the carpet the room was very half heartedly so say made up each day if thats what you could call it!!and upon returning to my room on the final evening of staying I found coat hangers and my clothing thrown on the bed and to find the wardrobe had been moved out!! Upon checking out there was no one to take my key or even voice my complaints to!! The service and standard of this hotel were diabolical!! I wouldn't EVER return to this hotel even if you paid me!!!!!

3  Thank Bexlola
Reviewed 18 February 2013

A friend booked this hotel and I was very disappointed with it, but I supposed it was cheap
The room was very small and no room to move around.
No chairs just 2 single beds pushed together, and a very small wardrobe
We had to put our suitcases at end of bed and keep stepping over them
Bathroom was in a cupboard very small
Breakfast was in the cellar, just continental, with no fruit
I asked for blanket and was given a heater!!
Central heating didn't come on till late eventing
Our window looked on to a big brick wall ad couldn't pull the curtains
Will not go there again

Room Tip: Couldn't find one
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends