“Never again. False advertising from profession photos”
Review of So Paddington

So Paddington
Ranked #970 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We luckily only stayed at this hotel for just one night (6 people between 3 double rooms). Rooms were very small and nothing like the ones that we had seen pictured online- very misleading. Room 402's bathroom was tiny! The rooms didn't even have a bedside table, we had to use a chair. My room (403) had really bad wallpapering, the headboard had come off and had just been stood up next to the bed.. no effort to repair. One of the lamps above the bed had a hole burnt in it and the burnt bulb hadn't even been changed. Our bathroom had a weird smell.. we later realised that this was coming from the mouldy ceiling above the shower! All showers in our rooms didn't drain properly and you'd be left with a pool at the bottom. UHT milk was out of date and was smelling. Breakfast was basic.. the croissants and cornflakes were stale. Not the standard you expect to receive in 2014 in a big city like London. Clearly no care goes in to the upkeep of the hotel as nothing had been repaired and milk etc hadn't been replaced in the rooms. The only good thing about this hotel was it's location as it's very close to the train station. I hope other people see this review and choose to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank JCoombes93

Reviewed 4 February 2014

we have stayed two night in So Paddington London hotel which was my worst room I have ever had in my life.
This staying was terrible. I simply don't understand how it is possible that we this room is allowed to rent. It could cause really serious health issues. I requested to change immediately the room, but the receptionist said the hotel is fully booked. We didn't have towels and I had to ask it 4 times during an hour to finally get them. The heating didn't work and we got a small electrical heater. The window and fan for sure have never ever cleaned since the hotel works. There was not a single hanger or hook where we could put our coats or shirts. The closet hadn't got even a door. The worst part was the bathroom. The lights didn't work and the wall and the shower were completely moldy. We could not flush the toilet, we had to flush it 3-4-5 times to make it clean. No toilet brush.The receptionist could not give us socket changer.
The breakfast was from 7-10, we arrived at 9 and there were no bread. When we ask to bring some the answer was "Sorry no". I had to go upstairs and speak with the receptionist who sent out somebody for fresh breads.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank d0l0n
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Hotel is adequate for sleeping and breakfast, but the bathroom! If you are over 13 stone or so you will never get in to the bathroom, it is about 2 foot wide, you have to bend and slide to get on toilet, and cannot put arms up comfortably to wash your hair , that was my room, so if you are a bit bigger check first to see if other rooms have bigger bathrooms, otherwise quiet and 2 min walk from tube .

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 December 2013

We are a family from Spanish.We stayed in the hotel 5 days in October,in Paddington and is not so bad.We stayed in room 106, is small but had everything.We had breakfast included, breakfast is enough butter, marmalade, cheese, juice, milk.There were two girls at reception very nice and did everything to feel good,gave us and I even bought tickets to see all London at a very good price.
So our experience was a good one in this hotel and I recommend everyone to try it,you will find nice people and a beautiful area.

Many thanks,
Federico

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2013

The carpet in the room was threadbare, the bathroom extractor fan didn't work, shower drain blocked, no rubbish bin, rubbish not emptied, no replacement of coffee, tea etc. Electric plugs not working. Breakfast was stale cornflakes, peeling slices of cheese, cold hot water, stale orange juice, toaster that took forever to work. Boiled eggs ok. Fire doors banging loudly, front door left open, so poor security, staff with no knowledge of London at all. Nearby hotels advertising rooms less than half of this.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Bob S
Reviewed 22 November 2013

The location only is fantastic, 3 minutes from London Express, and Paddingotn metro station, few minutes from city center, walkable distance to Hyde park, also Halal food is available in this district, the stairs were terrible, smelly and noisy, carrying a bag on these stairs is a stress test, old hotel, uncomfortable bed and strange shower, smelly room, good breakfast

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank 385Omar
Reviewed 16 November 2013

It is a very convenient location and there are many casual restaurants around. Just steps from Paddington Station so great for traveling from and to Heathrow Airport and other locations.

The room was horrific! The stairs inside are very narrow and steep - practically impossible to bring a big suitcase up. I ended breaking the handle of the suitcase because I have to pull with blind force. No one was around to help. The receptionist was a female and also pregnant so it was not possible to ask her to help out.

The inside of the room was bad - the shower was so small. I am a size 6 female and I could not turn around inside. I don't know how anyone else larger than me is able take a shower realistically. The pipes look very old and rusty color so I kept my mouth shut when taking a shower. The bathroom also has a fire escape door which leads to the corridor outside and the lock doesn't feel sturdy at all. One can probably yank it open with some force. So the whole night I was worried about the security of the room and I ended up putting my suitcase against the bathroom door.

The bed was not comfortable and I couldn't sleep well.

The breakfast room is in the basement and they really serve the worst quality of bread and other food.

Glad I was there for only one night!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo