“Millenium Hotel, Knightsbridge” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #339 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Millenium Hotel, Knightsbridge”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

As mentioned small rooms. Unfortunately I had no company and, if i had, the double room would not be big enough in my view. The staff are very personable. I thought breakfast was really good - all that you wanted. I prefer a poached egg on a morning but the extra price put me off, nevertheless the fried egg on the buffet was fine. i decided to stay in a smoking room - it was a bit stale and the hotel would be well advised to have these swilling water things in the corridors. Cant comment on the restaurant but had a pint in the bar - a bit lifeless but the staff more than made up for that. I paid 250 GBP a night which i thought was excellent value for this location and at this time of year. Will definately stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ISR78
Jean-BaptisteNoel, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Your review is much appreciated and I am delighted that overall your stay with us was an enjoyable one.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back again to the Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge.

Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

For a very expensive 4 star hotel the quality is way below standard. Tiny rooms, a bed that is too small for two average sized people, not very clean, and rather run down rooms. Service was fine but the rest of it was not. Location is good if Knightsbridge is where you want to be.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us here at the Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge.

Naturally, I am disappointed that your stay with us was not to your expectations for which I apologise. Standard and service are of optimum importance and on this occasion it would appear we fell short on the standards.

I do hope that you enjoyed Knightsbridge and all that it has to offer.

Mullingar, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

Our experience at the Millennium Hotel London Knightbridge was truly exceptional. The regal welcome that awaited my friend and our 2 little boys was beyond anything we could expect.The receptionist was exceptional on our arrival and made our visit such an enjoyable experience. It is certainly a hotel I will certainly return to.The location and convenience to everything.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank GKL25
Jean-BaptisteNoel, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
Thank you for making the Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge the hotel of your choice whilst staying in London.

I am delighted that we made your stay such a memorable one and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back again.

Old Greenwich, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

You cant find a better location in London. It is on Sloan Street, which has high end retailers, a very short walk to Hyde Park and Harrods and has a subway down the street. The hotel is slighlty tired and the rooms are small which is typical of European hotels. But the location, warmth/helpfulness of the staff and value are what make the Millenium worthy of consideration. I would also recommend that if the Club access is available that you take itor ask for it. It provides a full breakfast in the morning and wine/beer and hot snacks at the end of the day. Cold beverages are also available throughout the day. The cost for this US$40/day additional for the room. London is expensive, so this is a bargain.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank hirschfab5
Jean-BaptisteNoel, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Thank you for your review.

In the midst of exclusive fashion houses, Harrods and Harvey Nichols we certainly hold pride of place in Sloane Street. I am delighted that on entering our friendly hotel, you recieved warm and helpful service throughout your stay. The Club Lounge, situated on the second floor is certainly an addition to the hotel that enables our guests to relax away from the everyday comings and goings.

I do hope that you will visit us again.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

I stayed 3 nights and found it a great base. The staff are super friendly and extremely helpful. I arrived very early morning and they allowed me into my room which was very kind. Lots of good shopping in the area, close to Harrods, Harvey Nichs and LV is straight across the road! Tasty chinese food to be had in the hotel restaurant and only a few minutes walk to Hyde Park. My room was small but comfy and fine for a solo traveller. I would stay here again

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Peabot
Thank you for your kind feedback and recommendation.

I am delighted that you found the hotel to be a great base for you and that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful during your stay with us.

We look forward to you returning to us in the future.

Monaco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

This is not an uber luxurious hotel a la Carlton Tower or Manderin Oriental. It is however more than fit for task. This property was a Holiday Inn back in the 70's and suffers a little from low ceilings and 70's design on the guest floors. However it is a good experience and our split level Junior suite was clean, well presented and completely adequate for our 4 day stay on business, although I am told the standard rooms are on the small side. The rate is the 'best that can be done' in the area and the chinese restaurant on the first floor is characterless but has excellent food. I will definitely be back under similar circumstances!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dogontour
Thank you for staying with us recently and taking the time to write your review.

Providing excellent customer service to our guests is the very essence of this hotel and I am delighted that you found your split level Junior Suite comfortable for the duration of your stay.

I am disappointed that the Le Chinois restaurant ambiance was not to your expectations, however; I am delighted that the food did not fail in its fine reputation.

We look forward to your visiting us again.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

Millennium Knightsbridge is my home away from home whenever I travel to London on business from Dubai. I'm always blown away by the service and the friendly smiles from the staff. Big thank you to Ali the Doorman who is always on hand with a big smile and ready to lend a helping hand. Hotels need more staff like this! Definitely coming back! Great Chinese restaurant, recommend!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Lamiya B
Thank you for your review and that we are your home away from home. Ali is one of our long standing members of the team and I had great pleasure in forwarding your gratitude to him.

We very much look forward to your return visit.