“THIS HOTEL VERY EXCELLENT ALSO THE SERVICE”

Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge
Ranked #352 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Swansea, United Kingdom
“THIS HOTEL VERY EXCELLENT ALSO THE SERVICE”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

it is the best hotel in London and I prefer it for every one and the service very excellent also there are a guy he is very helpful his name Raed. I recomend this hotel for traveler to London fo not miss it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Jean-BaptisteNoel, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
It is always a pleasure to read when my team offer excellent service and in particular a named member of staff, whom on this occasion is Raid. When travelling, we appreciate that a warm welcome and a smooth check-in is a must, ensuring the same level of service is provided at all times.

I do hope that you will visit us again.

Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2013

DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL .. WORST HOTEL EVER
first o all The size of the room is too small
worst management and room service , they can't handle customer requests adequatly
rooms were not cleaned properly , the garbage was left as it is for two days
the worst experience ever !!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank maysaa a
This is very disappointing to hear of your experience whilst staying with us. What appears to be a shortfall in our service, I have forwarded your feedback to the relevant departments to review their service standards.

Please contact me directly as I would appreciate more details.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

My brothers and I where visiting London for the first time and staying at this Incredible hotel enhanced the experience. The hotel is great with nice furnishings. The staff was beyond wonderful and so well trained, we were greeted with smiles and Offers of assistance from every staff member we encountered, I forgot a package in the hotel and they kindly sent it back to my home adress in Mexico. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

-Echeverria.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank GE92
As a first time visitor, I am delighted that we were your hotel of choice whilst staying in London and that we were able to contribute to a successful visit with wonderful memories. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and I do hope that should you visit London in the future, we will have the opportunity of you staying with us again.

Usedom Island, Germany
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The hotel was comfortable, clean and spotless and the food was good, good quality.
The people working at the hotel very professional and best location for shopping!!!!
Would go back again and certainly will recommend to others.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank emma p
Your review is very much appreciated and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the future where a warm welcome awaits you.

uk
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

Superb hotel , excellent staff ! Great rooms(very good state of cleanliness) and perfect location.We would definitely look at booking this again and it would be our number one choice in that area .

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kotoku65
It is always a pleasure to read our guests have enjoyed staying at the Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge and thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I trust we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next visit to Knightsbridge.

Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Millennium Knightsbridge w my GF after doing 5 days in Paris. Overall the experience was average-good, until speaking to Raed, which made it great. He took the time to go above and beyond when he asked about my stay and I replied with "it has been ok". After talking to him about a few minor issues I had, he not only upgraded my room, but compt'd mine and my friends drinks at the bar.

Great service from Raed. He should be recognized.

• Stayed September 2013
8 Thank Djchrissmith
Jean-BaptisteNoel, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
I am delighted to hear that having arrived slightly disenchanted, that Raid provided exceptional personal service in restoring your enthusiasm whilst staying with us, your gratitude has been forwarded to Raid.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I booked a night in this hotel for my best mate and I as a little treat for us and we were going to see Wicked the show. I chose the hotel mainly because it was 4 star and in knightsbridge, and thought the £179 I paid for the night would reflect the quality and style of the hotel. We arrived at the hotel at 11.30am on the Saturday and asked if we could stow our small cases in order that we could hit the shops and I decided to ask if there was a room ready. The nice lady at the front desk tapped away on the keyboard and informed us that she had a room for us ready. she gave us the key cards and added 'I've put you in a standard room'. When I got upstairs it dawned on me I thought i'd booked a superior but my booking confirmation from Booking.com didn't state anything.

Sorry about the next bit hotel manager but it needs to be said.........
The room was 305 and just opposite the lifts (which was not an issue at all) When we entered the room, I must say the size disappointed me. Then when I approached the window to look at our view, found it was just the glass roof of the Chinois restaurant below! We decided not to be asked to be moved as we felt we had probably determined the room we received by arriving early and asking to check in so we settled for the room. We realised just how nice the furnishings were etc and the twin beds were lovely - my friend commented it was the best nights sleep she'd had in a long time!. The downside.......the bathroom. It was in a state. The front panel to the sink, which the loo roll holder was attached too, was swinging and moving and looked in poor condition. The plaster to the front of the sink had been patched up and shaped by hand but was all flaking and coming away. I was afraid to touch it or get it wet! The panel to the toilet and the bath were poor quality and had screw caps missing exposing dirty old screws. The grouting was very discoloured and dirty looking. The bath look worn and older than me!(i'm 36!) The mixer tap in the evening decided to only give us boiling hot water, no matter which way you turned it so washing your hands after the loo wasn't really an option (nice!) I had to clean my teeth using a little bit of bottle water I had left. There was grouting and filler everywhere just splodged into gaps etc. The door on the bathroom was just a sliding door ....odd in a four star hotel.

Also the wardrobe doors in the room were makeshift and you could hardly close them together as they rubbed and were poorly painted. The wall to the side of one bed was dirty and scuffed and horrid looking. The large TV was right in front of a beautiful large wall mirror...odd. The light switches looked very tarnished and dirty (for £179 a night in a four star knightsbridge hotel I'd expect them to be polished and shiny). The plug sockets were under the desk.....awkward to reach. The windows....well, we didn't know if they were meant to slide open but they were wobbly in their runners and not well sealed. I do feel I well overpaid for the room we had i'm afraid.

The good things...
The furniture in the room was lovely and the beds clean and comfy. Lovely touch with the mirrors and mini bar etc. The heating and air con kept us very comfy with the temperature. We ordered room service when we arrived for a spot of chilled out lunch and was very impressed with the posh cheese and pickle sandwiches!! yum! in fact we had the same again on the sunday before heading home. The food down in the café bar was delicious and the staff in there were just lovely. The concierge who held our bags was so nice, when we arrived to collect them and go home, he came out the front of the hotel with us and waited until he could hail us a cab.

The breakfast waiter (I think he was the Maitre De) was lovely and so so helpful. He offered us to grab some juice and cereals even though we were having a'la carte.

The tube and Harrods all a stones throw away. All staff lovely. The lobby and eating areas are very nice.

All in all a pleasant stay. I would stay there again but would be very careful which room I ended up in! I would be very disappointed if I was expected to pay £179 for one night in room 305 again or one the same!

Room Tip: Be careful when asking to check in early you will end up with a small room that no-one else wants!!