“Great location and staff”

Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge
Ranked #379 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 27 April 2014

It was a great experience. Excellent location, very high-end street, 1min walking distance to Harrods and 5min driving distance to Oxford street. Room was spacious with good facilities. Large variety and good food at the breakfast buffet and at the hotel bar/restaurant. Whole hotel staff was very polite and smiling but a special thanks to Raed at the reception whose professionalism, helpfulness and kindness contribute to make our stay even more pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2014
Jean-BaptisteNoel, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us. It is always reassuring when we have such feedback as yours and in particular recognition of the staff and inthis instance Raed, who will be very pleased to hear of your gratitude. I do hope that on your next visit to London, we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Jean-Baptiste Noel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,363)

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I picked the hotel randomly as a walk in guest after I decided to extend my trip and couldn't keep the room I had in another hotel.
The rate I got was attractive and a guy called Raed at the reception was very helpful and made it easier for us to pick the hotel.
After spending two nights in Millennium hotel at Knightsbridge, I can definitely say that from now on this hotel would be my first choice anytime I decide to visit London.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

I am delighted that following your recent stay, we will be welcoming you as a regular guest to the Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and the service you recieved from Raed, your comments will be fed back to him personally. We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I travelled from Doha in Qatar where I work to surprise my wife who lives in Hertfordshire on the occasion of her 40th birthday and our 16th wedding anniversary so was only in London for one night which had to be perfect all round. I booked through e-bookers but got instantly upgraded when I described the occasion and got a personalised welcome and well wishes on arrival.
The care we got was excellent. I would recommend this Hotel and its staffwithout any reservation.

Room Tip: Thank you. Suites in top floor have a great view of the London skyline
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Jean-BaptisteNoel, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

I am delighted you chose to celebrate your wedding anniversary and your wife’s birthday here at the Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge and that you received the very best from my dedicated team. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

First things first: this hotel is not worth the money you'll pay to stay here. You're paying for the area, not the hotel.

First the good:
The oversized fluffy towels are great to lounge around in after a shower.
The in-room wifi has a unique router and password per room so it's pretty snappy. And the staff are, for the most part, very pleasant and helpful. That being said we didn't encounter an English member of staff at any time during our stay so if you have difficulty with Southern European and Eastern European accents, be aware.

Now the bad:
The rooms are quite small, even for a central London location. When moving around the room we were always in each other's way and if you have more than a couple of small carry on bags, your suitcases will consume a lot of the available floor space. The lowest three classes of room only come with double beds. These are pretty small when compared to the more common king size. (UK king size = American Queen size, and vice versa). I had trouble sleeping in the same bed as my wife because of the size of the bed. It's just too narrow for two normal-sized adults to sleep in comfortably.

All but two of the power outlets in the room were proprietary plugs of a type I've never seen before. They were like UK three-pin plugs but all three pins were round, not square. The two regular plugs that were available were under the desk, in case you need to go looking. In a modern world where people travel with gadgets that need recharging, and most hotel chains offer outlets either in the tops of the desks, in the lamps or in many cases now, direct USB charging outlets, the scarecity of power outlets in the rooms at the Millenium is vexing.

Now for the worst part : the noise.
The windows are single pane glazing and combined with the paper thin walls between the rooms, this was the least noise-insulated room I've ever stayed in. That includes places like $39-a-night motels in downtown Chicago. We were on the top floor at the Millenium, and not only were the conversations of the people in the rooms on either side crystal clear, so were those of pedestrians 14 floors below on the street. This area is known for extremely expensive hypercars, so you'll also hear plenty of barking exhausts echoing through the streets at night too. Normally I love this type of sound, but normally it doesn't sail through my windows like they're not there. The thin window thing might not have been too much of an issue except that the hotel has a large car park behind it, and car alarms would go off nightly. There was a siren-type building alarm somewhere that would go off every hour for 20 minutes, and a bell-type fire alarm that tripped at least once per night. With the poor sound insulation the alarms might as well have been in the room with us. I had to get up and go down one night at 2:30am to suggest to the concierge that he should call the police when all three alarms were going off at once. In the end I bought a set of earplugs just so I could sleep.

The breakfast services at the hotel were below average in my view too. There is no a-la-carte so you have two choices; a full English breakfast for £18 per person per day, which is expensive and too much food. Or the Express breakfast which is £5.50 per person per day. The express breakfast includes coffee, juices, tea, pastries. If you want toast, it is another £2 extra and if you want more than one tea or coffee, those are another £4 extra. If you enjoy a light breakfast - cereal and juice for example, you're out of luck. My tip? Go out the back entrance and turn right and walk 90 seconds to the Arco Cafe and get breafast there instead.

In all I was disappointed with this hotel. I won't be staying there again and I can't recommend you do either.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Chris L
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I visited the Millenium last weekend with my mother for her 70th Birthday, it was the 3rd visit, and once again it was brilliant, great staff lovely ambience. WE had afternoon tea in the tangerine café bar and nothing was too much trouble for them. The concierge staff, were so helpful and even remembered we had been to the theatre the evening before and asked if we enjoyed ourselves. Will be returning again.

Room Tip: We had a room at the side of the hotel so got panoramic views of the city, didn't notice any tr...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Jean-BaptisteNoel, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

I am delighted we had the opportunity to welcome you back and to be part of your Mother’s birthday celebrations and that you both enjoyed afternoon tea in our Tangerine Café Bar. It is always a pleasure to welcome back familiar faces and we look forward to you returning in the future.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We have been visiting this hotel now for the past ten years and I must say the service from the reception staff is outstanding. I am not usually the one to write about it, but one of your associates deserves special praise. His name is Samuel and he works the night shift. He recognises us every time we pass by. He is courteous and friendly and nothing is too much trouble. He fixed the internet when my husband had trouble with it. Samuel even set up the extra bed in our room when Housekeeping forgot it and he followed up with a courtesy call if we enjoyed our stay. To the management I would like to highlight that Samuel is a real asset to your hotel. You are lucky to have him.
We are all looking forward to return in July!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay and I am delighted that as a regular guest you enjoy the service and facilities on offer here at the Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge. Your particular mention on this occasion of Samuel has been forwarded to him personally and we look forward to your return visit in July. If we can of any further assistance prior to your arrival, please contact us directly.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

They always make me feel at home. Everytime I'm there, I receive a warm welcome from the friendly,courteous and kind staff. Everyone is very polite and helpful. Always with a smile on their faces, Ms Kassahun, Beth, and Ms Trotta, Julieta, and Emile and Paulo, in particular, they all could not do enough to make my stay a comfortable and a pleasant one. And during my last visit, few weeks ago, another member
of the reception staff, Mr Raid, was there to help me with a difficult situation that came up. His competence and efficiency really managed to solve the problem.
I would recommend this hotel to all my friends, not only because of the consistency of service, and the staff's friendliness, but also because its location is perfect.
Thank you all, see you soon!

S. Y.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Whilst we are in the heart of Knightsbridge, we endeavour to offer a home away from home experience and I am thrilled that you enjoy visiting us. Your kind comments regarding the team in Front Office is very much appreciated and this is always fed back to them personally and graciously received. We look forward to you returning in the near future, where a warm welcome awaits you.