“Very good with a ouple of minor gripes” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge

Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge
Ranked #339 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Mansfield, United Kingdom
“Very good with a ouple of minor gripes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

If you want a hotel slap bang in the middle of London's designer shops and a stone's throw from Harrods this is ideal. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the rooms well appointed and the food ordered from the on site Chinese restaurant via room service and at breakfast very good. I do have a few minor gripes though. When ordering room service I was charged £3.50 tray charges and another £3.90 dinner service charge. The in room information needs updating or replacing - there was a rather tatty folder with details of services, including wi fi charges which seems to have been superceded by the information through the wide screen tv in the room. The light switched and plugs were unusual and the plugs suitable for UK devices hard to find and in airly inaccessible places. Despite that it was a lovely experience and even better if someone else is paying!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jean-BaptisteNoel, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to feedback your experience whilst staying with us.
The issues you raise regarding charges have been addressed with the Food & Beverage Operations Manager and the folder you mention in the room has now been taken out of service, as all the hotel facilities are now available on our in-house TV system. The plug issue, again this has been taken up with our Maintenance Manager to resolve this situation. I am pleased to hear that the staff were friendly and helpful and you enjoyed the cuisine of our Chinese Restaurant and breakfast selection. I do hope you will visit us again.

Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

If you are looking to stay in a convenient hotel in the midst of Knightsbridge with easy access to the high street London vibe, then this is the place to be. Spent 4 days where everything and anything I wanted to do and go to was possible. Great friendly staff made it even better.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jean-BaptisteNoel, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
I am pleased to hear your trip to London was a success and you enjoyed your stay with us here in Knightsbridge and my team contributed to an enjoyable stay. I do hope you will visit us again.

Beirut, Lebanon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

It was a great experience. Excellent location, very high-end street, 1min walking distance to Harrods and 5min driving distance to Oxford street. Room was spacious with good facilities. Large variety and good food at the breakfast buffet and at the hotel bar/restaurant. Whole hotel staff was very polite and smiling but a special thanks to Raed at the reception whose professionalism, helpfulness and kindness contribute to make our stay even more pleasant.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us. It is always reassuring when we have such feedback as yours and in particular recognition of the staff and inthis instance Raed, who will be very pleased to hear of your gratitude. I do hope that on your next visit to London, we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

I picked the hotel randomly as a walk in guest after I decided to extend my trip and couldn't keep the room I had in another hotel.
The rate I got was attractive and a guy called Raed at the reception was very helpful and made it easier for us to pick the hotel.
After spending two nights in Millennium hotel at Knightsbridge, I can definitely say that from now on this hotel would be my first choice anytime I decide to visit London.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I am delighted that following your recent stay, we will be welcoming you as a regular guest to the Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and the service you recieved from Raed, your comments will be fed back to him personally. We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

I travelled from Doha in Qatar where I work to surprise my wife who lives in Hertfordshire on the occasion of her 40th birthday and our 16th wedding anniversary so was only in London for one night which had to be perfect all round. I booked through e-bookers but got instantly upgraded when I described the occasion and got a personalised welcome and well wishes on arrival.
The care we got was excellent. I would recommend this Hotel and its staffwithout any reservation.

Room Tip: Thank you. Suites in top floor have a great view of the London skyline
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jean-BaptisteNoel, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
I am delighted you chose to celebrate your wedding anniversary and your wife’s birthday here at the Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge and that you received the very best from my dedicated team. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

First things first: this hotel is not worth the money you'll pay to stay here. You're paying for the area, not the hotel.

First the good:
The oversized fluffy towels are great to lounge around in after a shower.
The in-room wifi has a unique router and password per room so it's pretty snappy. And the staff are, for the most part, very pleasant and helpful. That being said we didn't encounter an English member of staff at any time during our stay so if you have difficulty with Southern European and Eastern European accents, be aware.

Now the bad:
The rooms are quite small, even for a central London location. When moving around the room we were always in each other's way and if you have more than a couple of small carry on bags, your suitcases will consume a lot of the available floor space. The lowest three classes of room only come with double beds. These are pretty small when compared to the more common king size. (UK king size = American Queen size, and vice versa). I had trouble sleeping in the same bed as my wife because of the size of the bed. It's just too narrow for two normal-sized adults to sleep in comfortably.

All but two of the power outlets in the room were proprietary plugs of a type I've never seen before. They were like UK three-pin plugs but all three pins were round, not square. The two regular plugs that were available were under the desk, in case you need to go looking. In a modern world where people travel with gadgets that need recharging, and most hotel chains offer outlets either in the tops of the desks, in the lamps or in many cases now, direct USB charging outlets, the scarecity of power outlets in the rooms at the Millenium is vexing.

Now for the worst part : the noise.
The windows are single pane glazing and combined with the paper thin walls between the rooms, this was the least noise-insulated room I've ever stayed in. That includes places like $39-a-night motels in downtown Chicago. We were on the top floor at the Millenium, and not only were the conversations of the people in the rooms on either side crystal clear, so were those of pedestrians 14 floors below on the street. This area is known for extremely expensive hypercars, so you'll also hear plenty of barking exhausts echoing through the streets at night too. Normally I love this type of sound, but normally it doesn't sail through my windows like they're not there. The thin window thing might not have been too much of an issue except that the hotel has a large car park behind it, and car alarms would go off nightly. There was a siren-type building alarm somewhere that would go off every hour for 20 minutes, and a bell-type fire alarm that tripped at least once per night. With the poor sound insulation the alarms might as well have been in the room with us. I had to get up and go down one night at 2:30am to suggest to the concierge that he should call the police when all three alarms were going off at once. In the end I bought a set of earplugs just so I could sleep.

The breakfast services at the hotel were below average in my view too. There is no a-la-carte so you have two choices; a full English breakfast for £18 per person per day, which is expensive and too much food. Or the Express breakfast which is £5.50 per person per day. The express breakfast includes coffee, juices, tea, pastries. If you want toast, it is another £2 extra and if you want more than one tea or coffee, those are another £4 extra. If you enjoy a light breakfast - cereal and juice for example, you're out of luck. My tip? Go out the back entrance and turn right and walk 90 seconds to the Arco Cafe and get breafast there instead.

In all I was disappointed with this hotel. I won't be staying there again and I can't recommend you do either.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Chris L
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

I visited the Millenium last weekend with my mother for her 70th Birthday, it was the 3rd visit, and once again it was brilliant, great staff lovely ambience. WE had afternoon tea in the tangerine café bar and nothing was too much trouble for them. The concierge staff, were so helpful and even remembered we had been to the theatre the evening before and asked if we enjoyed ourselves. Will be returning again.

Room Tip: We had a room at the side of the hotel so got panoramic views of the city, didn't notice any tr...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jean-BaptisteNoel, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
I am delighted we had the opportunity to welcome you back and to be part of your Mother’s birthday celebrations and that you both enjoyed afternoon tea in our Tangerine Café Bar. It is always a pleasure to welcome back familiar faces and we look forward to you returning in the future.