“Nice location; not much else” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge

Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge
Ranked #340 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice location; not much else”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

The location is great, but rooms are very small, and you need to crawl under the desk to plug in your electronic devices. We asked for a bottle of water to be sent to our room several times over the course of several days -- and it never happened. Aside from very friendly staff at the bar and concierge, and a nice location if you like to shop for overpriced designer clothing, not much to write home about....

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jean-BaptisteNoel, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you for making the Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge your hotel of choice whilst staying in London, our location is perfect for the renown exclusive shopping of Knightsbridge. Your comments regarding the plugs has been taken up with my Maintenance Department and we are looking into resolving this issue. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused in not executing your request for water, this is not the service we wish to portray to our guests. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Jean-Baptiste Noel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

If you're looking for a hotel which is well located for designer shopping - this is it - a great spot on Sloane Street. But I was there for business and so this wasn't top of my priority list. If you're staying there on business the prices are relatively high.

Check-in and check-out were, I'm afraid, appalling. I think it took between 15 and 20 minutes on each occasion. There did appear to be computer issues on check-in, so perhaps that was a one-off. But on check-out I'm afraid the desk was simply under-staffed. Again, I was on a business trip and this was frustrating. That said, the staff were veyr friendly and professional and I cannot fault them.

The room was good. I even had a balcony which was pleasant in the evening. The TV was massive! Minibar, coffee facilities etc. I place great importance on my shower experience and I'm afraid it was just "ok" - fixed head with average water pressure.

Room service was prompt and the food of a good quality. However, I would strongly recommend you pop over to the pub over the road at least once - they have great beer, good honest pub food at a reasonable price.

In summary. Would I stay there again? No, not on business. But I would recommend to those who are there for a more recreational reason.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us here at the Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and whilst our location is one of our attributes, together with a friendly and professional team, I am sorry to hear tha the service you received on both check-in and check-out is not what we expect our guests to experience and I apologise for any inconvenience you incurred. I am delighted you enjoyed your accomodation, your pointer regarding the shower has been forwarded to the Maintenance Department. Whilst you enjoyed the food and beverage of our local pub, it pleases me to hear that room service was prompt and good quality. I do hope when next in London and not on business, we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

A colleague & I spent 2 nights here to attend a conference. Apart from the fact it was miles from the conference which is nothing to do with the hotel, we were very happy. The rooms aren't huge, but comfortable and high spec. The breakfast was good. The hotel restaurant is Chinese and we both enjoyed it. I stay in lots of hotels in lots of places and London service is seldom friendly or up to standard of other places. Same here - it's fine but nothing to write home about. If you like shopping and have unlimited cheque book, this hotel is perfect. It's round the corner from Harrods, same street as Jimmy Choo, Prada, Fendi etc. Thankfully while they were open, we were working - phew!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
I do hope after travelling to and from your conference, you were able to relax upon returning to the hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your breakfast selection and you had the opportunity to dine in our restaurant, Le Chinois. I do hope that you will visit us again for a more leisurely break and enjoy a bit of window shopping.

Paris, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel in April. The location is really good because just a stone throw from all the nice shops and restaurants of Knightsbridge. But the hotel lacks a real hall and the rooms are small. I would nevertheless recommend it if you don't plan to spend much time in your room or at the hotel itself as it was the case for me

• 4 of 5 bubbles
I am sorry to hear the first impression of the hotel lobby was not to your expectations and that you also felt your room was on the small side. I hope this did not detract from enjoying the location of the hotel which is accessible to the exclusive stores, restaurants and transport for sightseeing in London and I do hope you will visit us again.

Mansfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

If you want a hotel slap bang in the middle of London's designer shops and a stone's throw from Harrods this is ideal. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the rooms well appointed and the food ordered from the on site Chinese restaurant via room service and at breakfast very good. I do have a few minor gripes though. When ordering room service I was charged £3.50 tray charges and another £3.90 dinner service charge. The in room information needs updating or replacing - there was a rather tatty folder with details of services, including wi fi charges which seems to have been superceded by the information through the wide screen tv in the room. The light switched and plugs were unusual and the plugs suitable for UK devices hard to find and in airly inaccessible places. Despite that it was a lovely experience and even better if someone else is paying!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to feedback your experience whilst staying with us.
The issues you raise regarding charges have been addressed with the Food & Beverage Operations Manager and the folder you mention in the room has now been taken out of service, as all the hotel facilities are now available on our in-house TV system. The plug issue, again this has been taken up with our Maintenance Manager to resolve this situation. I am pleased to hear that the staff were friendly and helpful and you enjoyed the cuisine of our Chinese Restaurant and breakfast selection. I do hope you will visit us again.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

If you are looking to stay in a convenient hotel in the midst of Knightsbridge with easy access to the high street London vibe, then this is the place to be. Spent 4 days where everything and anything I wanted to do and go to was possible. Great friendly staff made it even better.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jean-BaptisteNoel, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
I am pleased to hear your trip to London was a success and you enjoyed your stay with us here in Knightsbridge and my team contributed to an enjoyable stay. I do hope you will visit us again.

Beirut, Lebanon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

It was a great experience. Excellent location, very high-end street, 1min walking distance to Harrods and 5min driving distance to Oxford street. Room was spacious with good facilities. Large variety and good food at the breakfast buffet and at the hotel bar/restaurant. Whole hotel staff was very polite and smiling but a special thanks to Raed at the reception whose professionalism, helpfulness and kindness contribute to make our stay even more pleasant.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us. It is always reassuring when we have such feedback as yours and in particular recognition of the staff and inthis instance Raed, who will be very pleased to hear of your gratitude. I do hope that on your next visit to London, we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.