“Acceptable hotel near Hyde Park”

Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge
Ranked #382 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I happened to go to London last week and needed to stay by Knightsbridge. My company booked me in Millennium. The hotel is really well placed in central London, a short walk from metro, a short walk from Harrods and a 2 minute run to Hyde Park. Location is excellent.
Breakfast buffet was pretty standard but in the good side of a 4 star hotel. Nothing really to talk about but did the work pretty well.
I liked that the rooms are decently sized, which in London is always a handicap, and clean. They were not the most updated rooms you can think of nor anything close to luxury, but definitely deliver on the value for money equation.
On the downside I would say the bar is not up to expectations (I had a drink with some co-worker there and was not a very lively or enticing atmosphere) and there is no gym. This means that exercise will have to be on the park, which is really close. The concierge mentioned a deal with a Gym that was 25 minutes away. Not really sure why they signed this one, but apparently is available.
All in all a hotel I will repeat in my next visit to this area of London. I believe that without being the greatest is a good honest proposition for a couple of nights.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Jean-BaptisteNoel, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

I am delighted that your company having made the reservation here at the Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge on your behalf, you were happy with the location and the facilities surrounding the hotel. Your feedback regarding the bar is very much appreciated as we endeavour to create an atmosphere in keeping with the period of the day and evening. I do hope, business or pleasure, we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Jean-Baptiste Noel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,351)

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights in August. We had a club room and enjoyed the use of the club lounge. The location is just perfect. The staff were all extremely helpful - especially Beth at the front desk. She arranged for us to have a room to freshen up as we arrived too early - and our room was not ready. We loved the breakfast and the coffee machine in the bedroom. The bedroom was clean and very comfortable. The smart TV was fantastic. Thank you to everyone - we had a great few days in London. We will be back.

Stayed: August 2014

Thank you for staying at the Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge and taking the time to feed back your experience. It is always a pleasure to receive positive comments and in particular when a member of the team shines through and on this occasion it is Beth. We very much look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed here for just 1 night as the cost of living is pretty expensive at the centre of london. The location of this hotel is excellent! Not too far from everywhere and just 5 minutes walk to hyde park, i spent a morning walk at the park, it was stunning in the morning.

There are tube and bus stop nearby the hotel, Harrods and many fashion stores are situated just next to the hotel, perfect for shoppaholic!

Staff and hotel service was okay, we ordered room service for dinner, it was serviced by a chinese restaurant, the meal was unexpectedly delicious!

Toilet amenities was good, bed was comfortable, everything was good. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank pkhappy
Jean-BaptisteNoel, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

I very much appreciate your comments following your stay with us. Our location is perfect for a walk in the park, shopping and convenient links to public transport around the hotel. I am thrilled to hear that the Chinese ordered from room service was a revelation to you and you enjoyed the experience. Thank you for your recommendation and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We have stayed at this hotel on many, many occasions. We love it. This time I booked a club room which suited us well and gave us more room. The access to the club lounge was indeed a treat on most occasions. However it could be improved by restricting it to persons over 18 – excitable young children at any time of the day destroys the ambience. The concierge was very helpful and upon our return after a short stay in Cannes, William, at reception upgraded us to a suite! It was fantastic and, of course, he has spoilt us for our next visit. If you can afford it outright then the Cadigan Suite is worth the experience. The hotel stored our excess luggage whilst we were in France which was a big bonus. We love this place and will certainly return next year on our annual trip abroad.
Delighted Aussies

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you once again for staying with us and I am delighted the experience was in keeping with your previous visits. I am delighted we were able to assist you with your luggage whilst in France and with William on your return and a finale to your travels upgraded you to a Suite. Your feedback regarding the Club Lounge is appreciated, as at the current time, children under the age of 14 are admitted until 6pm only. We very much look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

the hotel has perfect location for shopaholics! It is also very near other tourists spots. I will again stay in this hotel when i go back to London. Also, I would like also to commend Mr. Carlos Mendoza for being warm, hospitable and accommodating. Thank you very much Carlos!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Rachel M
Jean-BaptisteNoel, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us whilst visiting London and that you found the hotel ideally located for shopping and sightseeing. Your appreciation regarding Carlos has been forwarded to him personally, who I know will be gracious in receipt of such feedback and I cannot say how pleased I am when receiving personalised reviews regarding the team.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Nice hotel, good breakfast, nice staff. Small room, expensive but you pay for the location, ,two small blocks from underground station, five minutes from Harrod's, 10 minutes from Victoria and Albert Museum ( a must ). I general was a good stay, I will probably stay there next time I visit London, my favorite city.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lety1
Jean-BaptisteNoel, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience. I am delighted you liked the location of the hotel and the breakfast offering we have available. Having enjoyed your stay with us, I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I've stayed 2 nights at the hotel.
Hotel has a perfect location. Just at the heart of a shopping district, just a minute walk away from an underground station and again a minute walk away from the Hyde Park.
However rooms were very oldfashioned and needs to be re-furnished.
Hotel's wi-fi were very fast and easy.
Staff were polite.
Food quality was above average however breakfast was very limited.
Paradise for shoppers.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank pudra

Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it is from our guests experience that we are able to provide consistent service and improve where we can. As you say our location is perfect for that shopping trip or sightseeing in an around the area and I am pleased from a service perspective that my team were polite when liaising with you.

I do hope you will visit us again.