“Loved Our Stay Here”

Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge
Ranked #379 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 9 March 2011

I disagree with the bad comments left. I came with my mother, sister and three teenage girls. We had two rooms with a double bed and sofa bed in each. The beds were very comfortable, including the sofa bed. The staff on reception were very friendly and efficient. The breakfast was the best we have had in any other hotel (and we have travelled all over the world). We got a great rate for a lovely hotel. We were all very impressed and would stay again. I have recommended the hotel to friends and family already.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Amanda_KNI, Executive Office at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2011

Thank you for taking the time to feedback your positive comments on the Millennium Knightsbridge hotel. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and I will ensure that they are shared with the team here. On behalf of the team here, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Kate Fletcher

Write a ReviewReviews (1,362)

Reviewed 28 February 2011

I stayed in this hotel for two nights at the beginning of February and was disgusted by the service received. The reception staff are incompetent and rude and definitely need re training in customer service. The rooms themselves are quite nice if not a little small but for the price you are just paying for location and nothing else. Breakfast was cleared away earlier than stated and all of the hot dishes had been switched off so the food was Luke Warm – Yummy!!!
Overall for the price we paid I was very disappointed and when speaking to the duty manager she couldn’t care less which seemed to be the attitude of all the staff. I will be using the Levin hotel instead in the future.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RLJS_86_88_12_15
Amanda_KNI, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel and while I am pleased you found the room to your satisfaction, I am most disappointed in your comments regarding the front desk team and duty manager’s attitude. I can assure you that your feedback is being shared with them and if you would like to discuss your specific experience with me, I would be pleased of the opportunity to find out how they presented themselves. I am sorry to learn that your experience has resulted in your decision not to stay with us in the future and if I can assist further, please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 27 February 2011

Well what can I say, when we arrived they didnt even know how many of us were staying, the 3rd bed was not set up, the maid walked in whilst i was in the bathroom on the toilet and just opened the door!!! The 3rd bed was a very uncomfotable camp bed style sofa bed, no sleep for 2 nights!!! the room was shabby with marks on the wall, the furniture old and battered. The breakfast was very poor, sloppy eggs, cheap sausage, they kept running out of things on the buffet. Ive stayed in many 4 and 5 star hotels in various countries, this one is more 2/3 star NOT 4. Only 1 positive thing to say - great location!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family

I am sorry that you found the sofa bed to be uncomfortable and that it affected your sleep during your stay with us. Your comments in regard to breakfast have been shared with my food and beverage team and we are working to resolve the issues your have outlined, as well as your feedback on the housekeeping team member interrupting you. I am pleased that the location of our property worked for you and thank you for bringing your experience to my attention.

Reviewed 19 February 2011

what can i say rooms are sooooo dirty, staff very unhelpfull, hotel needs a proper house keeper as at present its lacking,
My bath was not cleaned, bin not emptied when contacted housekeeping was informed that someone would come to service my room, the maid arrive looking very grumpy she could not speak any english and started to cleaning the bathroom glasses with the towel i had previously used, then the sink was used with the same towel, no cleaning products were used. Also was bitten by insects which i was advised by Reception they were BED BUGS and apparentely it happens a lot, due to foreign travellers
DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY STAYING IN THIS HOTEL YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU GOING TO CATCH.................

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank jonny45
Amanda_KNI, Executive Office at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2011

I am most disappointed to read your review and I am so sorry that we appear to have failed to deliver a consistently high level of service during your visit. I can assure you that your comments are being taken on board and are being discussed and actioned as appropriate within the team here. Any further details would greatly assist in implementing our follow-up measures; if you would be so kind as to contact me directly, I would be more than happy to discuss our actions with a view to restoring your faith in us.

Reviewed 11 February 2011

We spent 4 nights in early January at the Millennium. We called on the evening we arrived in London and got a fantastic room rate. The location is excellent. You are in the middle of a main shopping area, including Harrods and Harvey Nicks within easy walking distance. You are a short, flat walk to the tube stop on the Piccadilly Line which takes you to Heathrow. (Although you must get your suitcases up and down the stairs as there are no lifts or escalators to the platforms.) We were not happy with the room on our first night (the window did not close properly, so the road noise kept us awake) and we changed rooms the next morning, and the front desk staff were extremely helpful. Our new room was a corner room, and the windows worked, so it was nice and quiet, even though it faced the street. The hotel has standard and superior rooms, with the superior rooms being much larger and in better locations within the hotel. We were very happy with our standard room. Beds were comfortable. The hotel is a little tired looking, but I think they are in the process of refurbishing the rooms. The room had internet access, but because of our cheap room rate, it was an extra cost and a large amount per day. So we purchased 5 day wifi access with BT for GBP15 and we could access this wherever BT had coverage. As tourists in London, we found this to be an excellent hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Amanda_KNI, Executive Office at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2011

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found our location to the shops convenient and our team so helpful. We take on board your comments regarding the window not closing properly and our internet prices, although our rates are competitive with similar establishments in the surrounding area. We hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back at the Millennium Knightsbridge hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 30 January 2011

After checking in to find that someone was already in my room, and then having the phone in a new room inoperable, I was given a room that was small but lovely, with all the amenities you expect in a Knightsbridge hotel. The staff was quick to remedy problems and the concierge, was one of the best anywhere. Miraculously, sold out Ritz tea reservations were found for us. Kind attention and expertise about the city were two of his qualities. The hotel's location is excellent. Two short blocks to the Tube and walking distance to Harrod's and other excellent shopping. Ten minutes on the Tube to theater and Piccadilly. Loved the residential streets that surround the hotel - beautiful.

The breakfast buffet is convenient but we found several lovely coffee shops and cafes within a short walk who offer delicious and reasonably priced breakfast. Take a short walk and enjoy London's early morning on the sidewalks, then a delicious English breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Amanda_KNI, Executive Office at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2011

We are delighted that we were able to remedy the initial errors made and that you enjoyed your experience as a whole. Your kind comments regarding our team and the concierge team in particular, are appreciated and have been shared. Thank you for your constructive feedback and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 29 January 2011

Great hotel to use as a base in the Knightsbridge area, and pretty good value for London.
Porters very helpful with car parking. Breakfast pricey and not very good value, even for London.
Good all round hotel which we will use again.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Amanda_KNI, Executive Office at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. We are delighted to learn that you were pleased with our location and team and although competitor reviews support our breakfast prices being competitive within the area, we take your comments on board in regard to overall value. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Millennium Knightsbridge sometime soon.

Executive Office