2 people have started booking this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$201
Expedia.comUS$201
Hotels.comUS$201
PricelineUS$201
Trip.comUS$200
TravelocityUS$201
1,679 results
All reviews tube station red hat gloucester road luxury family room lovely hotel directly across the street piccadilly line royal albert hall the natural history museum perfect location single room hyde park lovely room excellent stay afternoon tea kensington doorman
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 July 2019

My grandma, my cousin and myself chose this hotel together because we wanted to try somewhere new and unfortunately it wasn't at all what we were expecting. The room was still not ready at 3 PM, The 3rd bed was pulled out or not dressed, there was no bedding to even dress the bed ourselves and there were only 2 of everything in a 3 bedroom room. After alerting reception, twice, it still took a long time for anything to be done about it. I also noticed at check out there wasn't a "how was your stay? or "enjoy the rest of your day" This is the only hotel I have stayed at where I felt they wanted us out before we even arrived. I feel sad about this experience because this was a gift from the family to my grandma and she didn't feel very welcome.

The Location 5* - Just across the road from Gloucester Road tube station.

The service 3* - I am very disappointed.

The look and feel 4* - It took a while, but once we had everything we needed the room felt well equipped and very clean.

The food 5* - Due to our experience we actually decided to eat elsewhere, which is a first for me and my grandma.

3  Thank Franceselaine-94
FOManagementBaileys, General Manager at The Bailey's Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2019

Dear Franceselaine-94,

Thank you for your constructive feedback. I sincerely apologise for your recent experience. We pride ourselves on our genuine warmth and friendly service, and we are sorry to hear that we fell short during your stay.

Your feed back is of great importance to us, I have well noted your remarks. I will be following up with the relevant managers involved in making sure the matter is followed up to avoid reoccurrence.

I would welcome the opportunity to further discuss your experience and how we may reaffirm your faith in our hotel.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed 22 July 2019

Booked on line with points and didn’t have high expectations. The room was double the size of what we expected! Before the concierge showed us the room he told us it was one of his favourite in the hotel and we didn’t believe him. We said to him that he must say that about all the rooms in the hotel. We were blown away when he opened the door! It was absolutely amazing. Large washroom, sitting area and gorgeous comfortable bed. And bonus A/C as it was 35C in London which is so rare. The staff are amazing and so welcoming. Great recommendations of places to eat and pubs nearby. First time staying in Kensington though I don’t think it will be our last. Walking distance to Kensington Park and Royal Albert Hall. Directly across from the tube station and easy connections to all over London. Lots of grocery stores and amenities across the street. Splurge and enjoy. It was a perfect ending to a 4 week UK/France holiday.

Room tip: Ask for a suite.
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Inspire795140,

Thank you for the fantastic review!! I am delighted you enjoyed the hotel so much and in particular the rooms and the location. Thank you also for especially highlighting the helpfulness from the team - this is what The Baileys Hotel London is all about.

We look forward to welcoming you soon to The Baileys Hotel London.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 19 July 2019

This hotel has perfect location just next to Underground station and next to a very good pub too. Rooms are nice and well equiped. They also have good restaurant for dinner or lunch. Only sad comment goes to the staff. In case you wish to hear native English speaker, it will not happen here. It was good fun to watch when a lady from US tried to check-in. Both lady and the receptionist behind the counter spoke English, but dit not understand each other. That was hilarious moment. It is sad that mostly we heard poorly pronounced English rather native. Seems that service sector is covered by imigrants, who mostly speak bad English.

Dear Kimmo S,

Thank you for your review.

I am happy to read you enjoyed your stay and and found the location to your convenience.

London is a very diverse City and where you have people from all over the World from different cultures and backgrounds. The hospitality sector is where we welcome guests from all over the World and having multilingual staff is always a welcome surprise for our guests. We have over 20 languages spoken in our Hotel to cater to all our guests needs and we also have an abundance of native English speakers at our hotel who would have been very happy to have a conversation with you during your stay.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 18 July 2019

This is a nice hotel in a nice neighborhood. Just across the street from the tube, it's also very convenient. If you like to walk, Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park are not too far away. There are some nice pubs nearby as well as grocery stores. The breakfast is excellent.

Dear RudiBear00,

Thank you for your five star review and such positive comments - we really do appreciate guests taking the time to leave us feedback.

I am happy to read you the location convenient and also delighted to read that you speak so positively about service my colleagues deliver.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Baileys Hotel London.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 16 July 2019 via mobile

Checked-in near 3am only to find that the extra bed requested was not set up, no toiletries in room, and the key card did not work! The Bell Captain who came to my room simply said if you checked in later in day it would all have been ready!! In other words, it’s your fault (even though the hotel was fully aware of my family’s check-in time).

There was other problems throughout our stay. Bed linen was never changed, on one day they ran out of complimentary bottled water, used cutlery was never taken away, shower gel and shampoo was not automatically replenished instead empty bottles left on display. Again, when i called the Front Desk to complain, was told to speak to the manager in the morning and that it was not his problem!!

Highlighted all of these problems again at check-out. Hopefully they will address.

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank simonkaka

Dear simonkaka,

I look forward to speaking with you soon.