“Great location and has potential”
Review of Henley House Hotel

Henley House Hotel
Ranked #363 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We were pleased to find a great deal (including a modest continental breakfast) in such a great location. Staff were friendly and accommodating.

Rooms are tiny, even by London standards. The shower door was difficult to get open after showering, which would be problematic for solo travelers but my husband and I were able to rescue each other whenever we got stuck.

Fabulous large flat screen TV with lots of channels

Housekeeping was irregular

The biggest problem was that the hotel is undergoing renovation and it is noisy. We were on the same floor and right next door to two rooms that were being renovated. While work was restricted to 8am to 5pm on weekdays and 10am to 1pm on Saturday, that made it difficult to nap or relax during the day. Plus the workers often seemed to hang around after 5pm making noise. We suspect some of them may have been camping out and partying in the rooms that were being renovated because the noise often went on late into the night

Another frustration was that our room's renovations were not quite complete, meaning that while there was a space for a minifrig, it was missing. We were able to get ice upon request from the front desk staff, but cultural differences with respect to what constitutes a glass of ice were clearly in evidence

Once the renovations are complete, this will be a great place to stay

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steffenzei

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Henley House Hotel was a great find at Earl"s Court London. Two min. walk from Earl's Court tube station it's an excellent location.
I had a single room, although small it was newly renovated, ultra modern and clean. The console has every outlet you, iphone, ipod...
I loved the cool bathroom and shower stall. The staff were helpful and the breakfast room was bright and adequate continental breakfast.
The only reason I don't give it 5 stars is that the console dimmer button would not go off completely when I went to bed. Other than that it's good value for money. I'll be back

Room Tip: When you check in just make sure the dimmer button on the bed console works completely.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We booked for two nights but checked out after one. The stair carpets were badly worn on the edges which gave a bad impression. The room was tiny, bathroom so small I had to dry myself outside in the bedroom. There are venetian blinds on a glass screen separating the Loo from the bed. The curtains are a poor fit letting in too much light. The wardrobe did not exist, just a shallow cupboard near the door which was useless. The bed and room were very clean with good lighting. The breakfast tables were a joke, hardly room for one and the full breakfast was beans two eggs and bacon for which we paid extra. The coffee was good. The staff very friendly. Value for a single person for one night stopover in my opinion would be about £45.00 per night. A similar hotel in Antwerp, Belgium with extensive buffet breakfast costs 65 Euro for the room with airconditioning

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I have been here half a dozen times - usually with a friend, this time with my granddaughter - and every time I feel right at home! It is centrally located so the price is a bargain! The staff is always friendly! Rooms are being renovated so the décor will be amazing, though I miss some of the charm. We always stay in Room 12 at the front - a view of the park across the street, French doors that open and a small balcony - yes, all that in London for an affordable price. And breakfast in the conservatory is great!

Room Tip: This is the only place in London (after more than half a dozen trips) where they serve good coffee!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank MarlaToronto
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Rooms very small, and bathroom so small that access to shower was very limited by wash basin. Elevator did not go past 3rd fl. I was given a room on 4th fl. Stairs very narrow and steep, and no one available to help with luggage. No air conditioning.
Room very clean and modern, and location good - 2 blocks to Earl's Court Tube.
Hotel was undergoing remodeling. This should have been noted during booking.

Room Tip: Ask for room on 3rd fl or below. Travel very light!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Naomi M
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Excellent Location, just two min walk to Earls Court tube station. We got a a friendly welcome from the lady at reception. In fact all the staff were friendly. They are currently renovating the Hotel and we got one of the newly refurbished rooms. Lovely decor. The room was a bit small but it's London and we got a great price so no issue there. Free Wifi - nice . Continental Breakfast included. Overall a great Hotel for a City Break and I would recommend it.

Room Tip: They are upgrading the rooms at the moment. Ask for the newer rooms if available. They have all the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I stayed in this hotel as part of a group. First, the positive. The location was perfect.....extremely close to Earls Court tube station which is a major tube line & close to many restaurants & stores. The staff was very friendly & helpful. Free wi-if is a huge plus to me. The breakfast was more substantial than the hotel our group used last year which was nice. As several reviewers have mentioned the hotel is undergoing a renovation. I happened to stay in an unrenivated room for most of my week stay and a renovated room for one night (explanation coming). Yes, the unrenovated rooms are old and, well, a little shabby. But they had charm! I wish the renovations had upgraded the mattresses, bedding, carpets, etc. but maintained the charm! Instead the renovated room are extremely modern, almost futuristic. I prefer the old style, just upgraded.
My review would be completely positive except for one incident. I returned to my room one day to find an inch deep level of feces in my bathroom. That had ran down from the ceiling. Feces. Very gross. This explains my one night stay in a renovated room for repairs to be made & cleaning. First I had to replace all my bathroom items (toothbrush, hair brush, etc.) at my own expense as feces had ran down the wall. Second the hotel would not allow me to stay in the renovated room for the remaining 2 nights of my stay requiring two moves. I understand things can happen during a renovation but I feel the hotel could have handled this better.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business