“Disgusting filthy smell”
Review of Ambassadors Hotel

Ambassadors Hotel
Ranked #941 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 31 May 2012

This hotel is the worst i have ever stayed in! The staff arent very friendly , the room we had was filthy and stank of rotten veg. We were moved to another room after complaining , which was a single room with a double bed. Had to climb over my husband to get out of bed as it was against the wall because of lack of room. Ridiculous

t

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank An EasyToBook.com traveler
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Great location, but a truly terrible hotel. Staff were poorly trained and spoke only basic English. When the fire alarm woke us at 01.05hrs on the Saturday morning the staff and fire brigade were unable to silence this due to ? Eventually they switched off the alarm system at 04.00hrs, as they had not been able to find an engineer to fix the fault. The staff offered no apology for the disruption and the manager was not contactable over the weekend!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Birgitte K
Reviewed 19 May 2012

The location is excellent and it was very cheap considering location. The room was small, however I didn't spend much time in the room. Left approx. 7-8 am every morning and didn't return until about 8-9 pm every night. Room is fine if you don't plan to spend your time in the room. I think we had one of the newer remodeled rooms. Coffee, tea, cups etc.. provided. Did not order or ever have breakfast at the hotel(due to reviews). Came back to made up bed and clean towels everyday. The room worked fine for us.

When we first arrived there was electrical work being done. A guy on a ladder was right in middle of the hallway(narrow hallways) with about 20 wires hanging down with a female standing with him. Jokingly, I said to my son "We might get electrocuted" and giggled. The female got snooty and an attitude and said "You aren't going to get electrocuted". Perhaps Miss Angry Spice needs to develop a sense of humor and chill out! There were wires hanging our entire stay right over our door and when we got to our room, our doorknob and the carpet right in front of our door was completely covered in sawdust/dust from the ceiling from the electrical work. Miss Angry Spice was the only employee from the 4 days we were there that had an attitude. The rest were all just fine. Our first night there, the fire alarm started going off at 1 o'clock in the morning. We went down stairs at first and one of the employee's said it was fine, just a malfunction. It would stop for 5 or 10 seconds, then start going off again. After about a half an hour, a staff member was yelling in the hallway that we had to leave the building. The Fire trucks came and we had to be outside for a while. The fire alarms didn't stop until 3:30 am!!! Also, we had to pay attention and pull on our doorknob a bit to get the door to close completely, otherwise the door would not close completely due to the carpet in the hallway.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I stayed three nights in a basement room of this hotel. I was kept awake constantly but the humming of generators outside the bedroom window. When booking I noticed that reviewers commented on the broken automatic doors to the hotel...these still have not been fixed. I would also only recommend this hotel to solo travellers as the rooms, particularly the bathrooms are tiny. The hotel was however in a great location...convenient to the underground!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I was arranged to a single room with the shower size 70cm*70cm wall-to-wall. 3 sides of the shower are walls and 1 side is a dirty and smelly curtain. I could not move my arm when I took the shower. Some posts show that their rooms have proper shower/bath. If the standard of in-room facilities varies so much, the hotel should indicate clearly and let customers to make their choice. I was misled by the pictures. The room is old and the blanket is smelly.

Similar to others, I met the cold and unfriendly staffs. I believe that the hotel intends to build this image. It even charges 5 quid per luggage per day for keeping the bags for customers after check-out. I did not see such a mean hotel, no matter luxurious hotels or local B&B.

I feel so regret for staying in this hotel.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Iris L
Reviewed 19 April 2012

The hotel customer srevice was vey poor. The room was so small-I could hardly turn around.
TV was on top of the cupboard so it was impossible to watch it-it was old and only showed few channels.
There was no bar, cafeteria and the breafast wsa delivered in the room ino morning. The was no table so I ended up eating in my bed.
It was really bad experiences and it shouldnt be reatede 3 starts!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business