“Horrible”
Review of Ambassadors Hotel

Ambassadors Hotel
Ranked #941 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This place is awful, I booked it through superbrake, the shower didn't walk properly, really rough looking rooms all of the staff couldn't understand anything u requested! Loved London but the hotel but this place it the pits

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Leletrixbell1

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I booked this hotel on a theatre and hotel combination website. The pictures on the website looked stunning but when i turned up to the hotel, i was instantly dissapointed. Our first room was disgustingly dirty with cracked bathroom tiles and no smoke alarm. Also the bathroom door couldn't fully open and was hitting the sink (which had been stuck back on!) The second room was full of mould and mildew and had exposed wires in the corner. The third and final room was really shabby and the shower didnt work properly and the wallpaper was peeling off. The pictures on the website showed beautiful clean rooms but we didnt even have proper beds!! They looked like put-up travel beds! If i hadn't spent my money on this hotel, i wouldve just walked out to a better one. I really wouldnt reccomend this hotel and it ruined my whole trip.

Room Tip: Make sure you know exactly what you want and ask questions to make sure you don't get a crappy d...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Loren C
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I selected this hotel for a short impromptu stay in London before I had to return to the States. It was inexpensive in comparison to many of the hotels within its vicinity and despite some of the reviews on it, we gave it a chance. It had all we needed for such a last minute trip.

It's location is good as its in a 5-10 minute walking distance from the Gloucester Road tube station which was our secondary reason for picking this hotel. It's close to various restaurants and fast food sites and is less than a block from a Sainsbury's store that is open late for last minute snacks and drinks.

WiFi was £5 a day or £1 for an hour, so just a heads up for the techy or business travellers in need of the net. Also, if you choose to check your bags in before check in or after check out, there was a £5 holding fee.

The staff on site was friendly and informative. We didn't partake of the continental breakfast, so I can give no opinion of it, though from what I saw of it in passing, it does look to have a decent selection. The bartender was also nice enough to give us small bags of ice for the cans of soda we bought at a shop. The rooms don't provide ice buckets or machines, so we snagged a large bowl at Sainsbury's to put the ice and some cans of soda in. Only a minor inconvenience.

The rooms ARE indeed small, so I wouldn't recommend it to claustrophobics. Though small, it did have all we needed for our 3 night stay. The bed was comfortable and the shower stall was good sized despite the bathroom being rather cramped. The TV had a good selection of channels for when we were in for the night. We traveled with only 1 suitcase and 2 backpacks and had just enough space for us and the bags, so I would suggest traveling light to keep space freed up.

Overall, while a tad cramped (which didn't bother me or my wife personally), this hotel worked well for what we needed: Value, location, and a clean place to put our bags down and sleep before touring London. We weren't in the room all that often to be overly concerned with space. We were too busy enjoying the sites!

Room Tip: This hotel has small rooms, so I'd recommend traveling light to conserve space.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I booked a weekend package to london 15-19 May 2013 staying at this hotel. When we entered the hotel the reception it was clean and well presented allbeit slightly cramped. Checking in was easy, we were given a room on the 5th floor, ouch the room was tiny, I could touch all 4 walls by only stepping on medium stride each way from the centre of the room. The wardrobe space was woefull, 3 hangers 8 inches deep and an iron. We had to virtually live out of our suitcases for the whole weekend. The shower room was resonable, but the cleanliness was somewhat lacking. Continental breakfast was good as was the restaurant food.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Next time I will ask for prices from my travel agent and ask what sort of room. Stuck in the basement with no windows and no idea what time of the day or night it was. As for the continental breakfast, the only thing I would eat was the toast and the coffee was swill.

Room Tip: Check if you are in the basement.
2  Thank Sheryl M
Reviewed 22 May 2014

The only good points about this hotel are its location in proximity to Olympia - it's still a mile away and it's relatively low price. My room (102) was inordinately noisy with what seemed like a plant room next door. A bottle of cheap red and moving the bed so I was in a node meant I had a reasonable night but it could have been quite intolerable. Watch out for the illegal notices about charging for smoking or hanging clothes on the TV - shades of basil faulty. Would avoid it on future occassions and I suggest you do.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

A semi modern hotel ideal for short stays. Don't expect any frills and the rooms are small. However it is clean, the staff are friendly and helpful, the breakfast (continental) is good and it is a five minute walk from Glouster rd tube station connecting you with the whole of London.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple