“Best value hotel in Earls Court”
Review of Oliver Plaza Hotel

Oliver Plaza Hotel
Ranked #664 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Franschhoek, Western Cape, South Africa
“Best value hotel in Earls Court”
Reviewed 4 August 2012

I have been a patron of this hotel for over 20 years and can highly recommend it. It is well run, clean and the staff are consummate professionals. While the rooms are typical size for any London hotel- here read small, they are comfortable nevertheless. Suresh the manager and his staff go the extra mile in making everyone feel welcome and the number of returning clients is testimony to this. The joys of this hotel is it's easy access to the tube station and bus stops which allow one to be in the center of London in minutes.
Anyone attending an event at either Earls Court Exhibition Center or the Olympia Ehibition Center will find this an ideal choice.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Mangmt, Front Office Manager at Oliver Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2012
Dear Franschhoek,

Thank you so much for your kind comments following yet another stay at the Oliver Plaza hotel.

I am delighted that you chose The Oliver plaza everytime your business requirement brings you to London and am happy to read that my team took such good care of you for all these years. We are further pleased to note that our location and good value for money once again combined well to make your stay with us an enjoyable experience.

I am delighted at your recommendation to other travellers and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Warm regards,
Suresh David

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Malaga, Spain
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Recently stayed at this hotel and rate it as one of the best 3* hotels for value its location is
excellent near to Earls Court station restaurants banks buses.hotel very clean and rooms modern although small,there was no wardrobe just a hanging rail for clothes and no room for luggage we only stayed 4days so we managed. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was very good with a good choice of food.I cant praise the manager enough he was very friendly and helpful throughout our stay.I would use this hotel again should i visit London.

Room Tip: try to get a corner room
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Dear Brenda,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. I was really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our service. I have passed on your kind words to the team.

We have different types of rooms ranging from Double/Twin, family to studio apartment to cater to all types of stays, short or long, please let us know when you are coming next time so that we book appropriate room for your stay.

I sincerely hope to welcome you back soon.

Kindest regards,
London
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I have stayed regularly in London hotels and I think this must rate as one of the best 3* hotels in terms of value for money and location. It is very near to Earls Court Station, and is ideal for its variety of restaurants, banks, travel services, etc and tube and bus connections. The bus no 74 goes to Harrods, Knightsbridge, and Selfridges, Oxford Street. The hotel was freshly decorated and room was bright, very clean, comfortable and quiet. The service at the front desk was excellent, and the manager, Suresh David, was very pleasant at all times and always responded promptly to any request. I was travelling alone and as a single female, i felt very safe and comfortable here. I would highly recommend this hotel to any visitor to London for either business or pleasure.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Dear Miranda G,

Thank you very much for your positive review on The Oliver Plaza,
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. Our hotel is a clean, crisp product which aims to provide a good night’s sleep in comfortable and clean surroundings. We are happy to see from your review that we have ticked most of your expectations.

We now look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Kind regards,
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Recently stayed in this hotel for one night. The hotel's location was great, near Earl's Court Tube Station and plenty of places to eat. We were very disappointed with the bedroom which did not resemble the photos on the internet! The room while clean, was unbelievably small and cramped!

Won't be booking this hotel again, next time in London!

Room Tip: Room 106 has 3 single beds, 2 of which are in what looks like the conservatory over the hotel entran...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Ann29323

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2012

We have just checked into this hotel...and are amazed at the rude and dismissive attitude from the guy on reception.

He virtually threw the check-in forms at us...not making eye contact when speaking..and acting in an unfriendly manner.

Upon walking in, he looked my partner up and down with a look of revulsion, clearly this place is not "gay friendly"

He also dismissed my questions about the reason for WRITING down our card number on a piece of paper, surely this is just fraud waiting to happen? When I asked if the information would be destroyed after departure, he did not answer,

I shall make sure that it is destroyed before we leave tomorrow.

The room is horribly small, with 2 beds in. There is not even a wardrobe here.

The bathroom is equally as small with a very noisy extractor fan.

With competition for business high, and in this financial climate...this hotel needs to learn customer service.

Room Tip: Do not book unless you want poor service
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Simon_Nicks
Australia
Reviewed 5 June 2012

The room was TINY! suffocating. You couldn't sit on the toilet and close the bathroom door. There was no room to put your luggage in your room. There is literally 30 cm of floor around the bed. The window does not open. The room seemed to be like an attic. We has pre paid for this hotel and ended up leaving cause we could stand it. It was SO small. We lost the 2 nights money but it was worth it not having to stay in this hole.
Earls Court is not a nice area. Train Station area has an unsafe feeling and it is far from the main attractions of London.
The clerk at the front desk couldn't understand the problem. The rooms look nothing like the pictures.
I have stayed in many third world countries with hotels far better than this one.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Aussially
Ottawa
Reviewed 27 May 2012

I'll keep this short. My experience at the Oliver plaza was greatly disappointing.
Pros:
1. Proximity to Earls Court (only good if you have business there i.e. a show or exhibition)
2. Proximity to Earls Court Subway (walking distance good for one large luggage per person)
3. The fact that the subway link Heatrow to Earls court makes it cost effective. A cab will cost you approx 65 pounds one way from airport to Earls court vs. +/- 6 pnds for the subway ride.

Now for the cons, I honestly only put 3 max normally, but for this hotels, many warnings must be given!
Cons:
1. My room was +/- 7 feet by 10 feet with the addition of a tiny toilette and shower. (So one person only)
2. No space to put my luggage at all,
3. No space to put my clothing other then 5 hangers,
4. No A/C, No clock,
5. Expensive internet if you need more then one hours (5 pounds for 3 hrs and 10 pounds for 24 hrs) The catch is that the system is so bad that if you use the provided code on your laptop, you will not be able to use it on any other devices such as smart phone etc.
6. Of course don't expect a pool or a small fitness area
7. Staff courtesy (other then one person) is highly questionable. Twice they were rude with me making me doubt who was the customer (and I was not giving them a hard time at all, it was a simple casual question!)

Any way. When I read that this place is great and at a great cost, my comment is that you pay for what you get and I'm still wandering if it does.

Finally, it was a one time experience for me and never again.

Room Tip: We had 3 rooms in this hotel. One in the basement (larger room), 305 and 405. The room on the forth...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business