All reviews earl s court usb ports from earls court tube station newly renovated hotel west brompton continental breakfast large flat screen tv well located hotel exploring london great location yogurt small room bars and restaurants piccadilly line a wonderful stay air conditioning would stay here again
Reviewed 7 November 2018

As a corporate company with our main base in Central London we often book hotel stays for employees.
We will never use this hotel again and would advise everyone else to steer clear.
The General manager is extremely rude, unhelpful and stubborn - whilst the rest of the staff promise action where they can't deliver.
All of our problems occurred before the hotel stay and we had entered into a non-refundable agreement, that would not be deviated even although they did not hold up their end of the bargain.
All about serving themselves instead of the customer - a balance needs to be struck!

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Kelsey S
CapricornHotels, General Manager at Oliver Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2018

Dear Kelsey S,

I am sorry to read that Oliver Plaza Hotel did not meet your expectations prior to the guest's arrival.

You booked a non refundable reservation, via booking .com, which clearly states that,' if cancelled, modified or in case of a no show, the total price of the reservation will be charged.' The non refundable agreement also stipulates that, 'you will be charged a prepayment of the total price at any time.'

My colleagues and I offered you the option of a bank transfer, as well as, a refund on th card originally charged, once alternative payment had been received for the non refundable reservation. Neither options were satisfactory.

As a corporate company that uses hotels in Central London on a regular basis, may I suggest that you choose the slightly more expensive Standard offer when booking accommodation for your employees. The terms and conditions on the Standard offer gives you more flexability to modify or cancel the reservation. The standard offer isn't charged until the day of arrival.

Reviewed 5 November 2018

I had read that the hotel was newly renovated when I made the reservation, but took it with a grain of salt as many hotels state that without it really being something you notice as a guest, but wow! Every single centimetre of this hotel feels brand new without it feeling cold or too modern. The very kind man at the reception desk helped me to upgrade to a room on a higher floor and the staff was overall very friendly and helpful. The room was small but spotless and had everything I needed as a solo traveller. The water pressure was fab for being London and there was good lighting in the bathroom as well as in the room overall.

The hotel is located just next to Earls Court which is very convenient for getting to and from Heathrow Airport. There are plenty of restaurants, shops and pubs nearby and the area feels like a reasonably safe residential area. The only downside is the lack of proper bathroom door, which would make me a little bit hesitant to share one of their rooms with a friend unless it was someone I knew very well! Instead it's a frosted sliding piece of glass... fine if you're on your own or with your partner, but possibly not super comfortable if you're sharing with someone you don't know so well. The breakfast that was included in the room rate was simple, but great value for money.

I will definitely consider coming back here again.

Room tip: Floors on lower floors don't have windows I believe
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Oliver Plaza and for your lovely review on Tripadvior. It gives us great pleasure and satisfaction to read this.Your comments regarding the bathroom sliding door have been noted and taken into consideration. Please be assured that we will continue in our efforts to delight our guests.

Leanne Baker

Reviewed 30 October 2018

starting from a very kind check in ( due to a strike a i made two different reservations and they were able to leave me in the same room ) the hotel is completely renewed, rooms are very clean with a good design (if you enter the shower you won't leave it , it's great!!!) the kindness of the women at lounge for breakfast is another surplus.a wonderful stay in hotel that is so close to earl's court station (5 minutes or less) in a quiet but full of shops and restaurants neighborhood

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
CapricornHotels, General Manager at Oliver Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Oliver Plaza and for your lovely comments on Tripadvisor. Please be assured that we will continue in our efforts to delight our guests.

Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

The hotel was easy to find and very clean and modern. It’s right down the street from Earl’s Court which has the Piccadilly line to the airport. The room and bathroom were quite small. I was by myself so space was not an issue for me, but if you need more room or are traveling with a big group I wouldn’t recommend it. Continental breakfast was nice and included in the price. Elevator was a nice and happy surprise! The staff was very friendly.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Maggie,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Oliver Plaza and for your lovely review on Tripadvisor. It gives us great pleasure and satisfaction to read such positive comments. Please be assured that we will continue in our efforts to delight our guests.

Leanne Baker

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

We booked to stay at the Oliver Plaza for 3 nights commencing on Sunday, 6 October 2018.

The hotel is very conveniently located a 2 minute walk away from Earls Court tube station. It’s a very clean hotel and the rooms are finished to a very high standard.

We booked a standard double room and were allocated room 114 on arrival. The room was very small and dark. There was a very small window situated approximately 2m up the wall in one corner of the room. My wife found the room to be very claustrophobic and I immediately requested to see if it was possible to change rooms to one which had a normal window. I was told by the male receptionist on duty that he would have to see what he could do the following day as the hotel was full that night. To say the least this wasn’t a particularly good experience for my wife who felt “trapped”. Because of the lack of an opening window the room was fitted with a second air conditioning system whose fan ran constantly. This caused me to have a bad night’s sleep.

The following day, a very helpful lady on reception got us moved to room 500. This room was also very small, but at least had a window and was quiet.

The only other negative point was the fact that the hotel said that because we had to leave the hotel @ 0630 to catch a flight, they couldn’t supply us with any breakfast on the day of departure. Most hotels would have provided us with food to take away. This was a little disappointing, especially as we’d paid for the included continental breakfast.

The restaurant staff were excellent, being very friendly and efficient. The 2 breakfasts we had were very good indeed, both in terms of variety and quality.

I would certainly consider staying at the Oliver Plaza again. I would however avoid room 114! Judging by the size of the 2 “standard” rooms we stayed in, if space is a priority, I’d certainly consider upgrading to a larger room. There was barely any space around the bed in the 2 rooms we stayed in.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank StuartH3

Dear StuartH3,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Oliver Plaza and for your lovely review on Tripadvisor. I am glad we were able to accommodate you and your wife on the second night. Your comments have been noted and taken into consideration. We do offer a packed breakfast box to those guests departing early. I am sorry this information wasn't communicated to you. Please be assured that we will continue in our efforts to delight our guests.