All reviews earl s court usb ports from earls court tube station newly renovated hotel west brompton continental breakfast large flat screen tv well located hotel exploring london great location yogurt small room bars and restaurants piccadilly line a wonderful stay air conditioning would stay here again
Reviewed 20 December 2018

I stayed at the Oliver Plaza for one night on 19th December, and I must say I was very impressed from the moment I arrived to the moment I departed.

Staff were very friendly when I arrived and got me checked in swiftly. My company were paying for the room so the receptionist sent my office a link where they could pay online, save having to call the hotel and give card details over the phone and fill in a third-party authorisation form, which is usually the case in most hotels I've stayed in.

All of the rooms have been recently refurbished to a high standard. Smart TV, USB ports in all power sockets, which are located either side of the bed as well as other parts of the room, which is a big plus. The bathroom has under-floor heating, which is amazing, as well as heated mirrors (yes I know this is fairly standard in modern hotels). The rainfall shower was very refreshing but also came with a hose, so if my wife were with me, she could have a shower without getting her hair wait, which is apparently very important sometimes!

Had a very comfortable night's sleep and then went down for breakfast in the morning where I was greeted with friendly staff once again. Good selection of hot and cold food, nice flask of coffee for us to help ourselves to which is always a bonus. Magic FM playing joyful Christmas music in the background. All guests seemed to be in high spirits, which was great to see!

Before checking out, I had to run an errand. I mentioned to the receptionist (who I am suspicious may have been the manager as well) on the way out that the self-closing mechanism on my door didn't actually close the door properly, so if you just walked off and hoped the door would close by itself, chances are it wouldn't. I said there was no rush to get this resolved during my stay as I would be checking out soon. When I got back from my errand, the friendly staff member (I wish I'd noted her name) said the door had been fixed for me, which was a very swift response to my problem. Amazing!

I shall definitely be staying here again when I next travel into London for work, and hope to be able to bring my wife here soon too.

Thanks again!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank MisterDiPY
CapricornHotels, General Manager at Oliver Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2018

Dear MisterDiPY,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Oliver Plaza and for your lovely review on Tripadvisor. It gives us great pleasure and satisfaction to read such wonderful comments. I am glad that we were able to meet all expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Have a very Merry Christmas.

Reviewed 17 December 2018 via mobile

London is expensive so this was s decent deal. Breakfast was included which was excellent, except it depended on when you went. The dining area was very small so guests and staff were often gridlocked in areas. Rooms were nice. Clean. Quiet. Only a block away from tube station. Plenty of pubs, restaurants and shopping nearby.

Dear jxd1945,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Oliver Plaza and for your lovely review on Tripadvisor. Your comments regarding the size of our dining room have been noted and taken into consideration. We are introducing a booking system to avoid congestion. Please be assured that we will continue in our efforts to delight our guests.

Reviewed 16 December 2018 via mobile

Stayed here when going to a concert for a couple of nights as it's walking diatance to the Royal Albert Hall. It's in a great location 2 mintues walk from Earls Court tube station, down a quieter side street but a few minutes away from loads of pubs, cages and restaurants.
The hotel looked recently refurbished, everything was very nicely decorated and immaculately clean. The staff were really friendly and helpful too.
The room was small which we had expected from the photos, although we were in room 501 and hadn't expected 2 of the walls to slope whoch meant I couldn't stand up on one side of the bed as I'm quite tall (lucly my other half is short). The bed seemed quite small too, we had to pull it away from the sloping headboard to get a few extra inches of space, amd it was also extremely hard. On the 2nd day we got another duvet to lay on in an attempt to make it a bit softer.
The bathroom was very small but perfectly clean and had a great rain shower. Lots of sockets and USB sockets around the bedroom, a small wardrobe that could have done with a few more hangars, but everything else you need and it all looked brand new.
The breakfast was a good start to the day too, nothing fancy but perfectly tasty, just don't go too late if you want the full selection of bread & pastries.
Overall we thought it was a really nice hotel, very good value considering the location, if only the beds were a bit comfier.

Dear Chris D,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Oliver Plaza and for your lovely review on TripAdvisor. Your comments regarding the size of our beds have been noted and taken into consideration. We are working on a solution to accommodate our taller guests. Please be assured that we will continue in our efforts to delight our guests.

Reviewed 14 December 2018 via mobile

Me & my partner stayed here for 1 night to enjoy all the festivities in London! The hotel was perfect! Such friendly staff and gorgeous room. Located near plenty of restaurants and a stone throw away from Earl’s Court station so made it super easy to get around.

Highly recommend! Will definitely book again when visiting London.

Thanks for a fabulous nights stay!

Dear Shropshire1122,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Oliver Plaza and for your lovely review on TripAdvisor. It gives us great pleasure and satisfaction to read such wonderful comments Please be assured that we will continue in our efforts to delight our guests.

Reviewed 13 December 2018

Very nice hotel!
Twinroom was small, but very clean and quiet. Bathroom has a sliding-glass-door, okay if you travel with family :)

Breakfast-lounge was small and crowded every morning but helpful staff managed to find us a place to sit.

Great location, a few minutes walk from Earls court tube and buses.

Would highly recommend this hotel.

Dear pertsa77,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Oliver Plaza and for your lovely review on TripAdvisor. Your comments regarding the size of our dining room have been noted and taken into consideration. Please be assured that we will continue in our efforts to delight our guests.