“This place is perfection”

The Royal Horseguards
Ranked #99 of 1,088 Hotels in London
“This place is perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

I stayed at the Royal Horseguards in November of 2013 before going to Dublin to visit my fiancee's family. Unbeknownst to me, my fiancee was in contact with the hotel for months trying to plan the perfect proposal. As if I wasn't already impressed enough that we were staying in a beautiful chateau only blocks from Parliament, they gave us a room overlooking the Thames with a beautiful view of the London Eye. My fiancee also planned every aspect of the trip (including the proposal spot) with the concierge, who helped him through every step of the process. There was not one aspect of our stay at the Royal Horseguards that was any less than perfect, and I am so happy that my fiancee chose to take me there for one of the most important moments of my life.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
HotelLondon, General Manager at The Royal Horseguards, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review regarding your stay at The Royal Horseguards Hotel. May we start off by congratulating you! It is wonderful to read that we were able to accommodate your fiancés requests to ensure absolute perfection! Our Concierge team work very hard, it is their highest priority to help the guest in whichever way they can. I have passed your comments onto the team; they are delighted for you both. We do hope we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future!

Riddian Davies

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,220)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

First Visit to The Royal Horseguards and it more than lived up to my expectation. I had bought it on a deal.After arriving and checking in, Case and bags taken up to the room for me. Staff very helpful.
There was a Harpist playing on arrival.
Setting fantastic and handy , walked across the bridge to the Xmas market.
The bathroom had heated floors and a T.V. above the bath. The breakfast served in the room next morning was delicious. Will look forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to The Royal Horseguards Hotel. We are extremely pleased to hear of your wonderful experience with us. We are very proud of our team and hotel, we are glad to read we exceeded your expectations. The location of the hotel is rather helpful for guests; there are many attractions within walking distance. Please be assured I have passed your comments onto the team and we do hope we are able to welcome you back in the near future!

Thaxted, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

This is our second stay at the hotel and I would always stay here when in London. Everything about our stay was amazing. Shane our night manager was fantastic as well as Julia and Aleksandra the guest relation managers . For a large hotel it felt like a family run small hotel. The staff could not be more helpful and I don't think you will find a better hotel in London let alone the UK. Thank you all.
Richard and Lucy Pohl.

Room Tip: Standard double overlooking Thames, WOW!!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelLondon, General Manager at The Royal Horseguards, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent second stay at The Royal Horseguards Hotel. What an amazing review to read, I am thrilled to hear that our Front Office team hotel staff delivered exceptional service. We have passed on your wonderful comments to all the departments and they are very thankful to hear such kind words, we all hope to welcome you both back to the hotel very soon!

UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

From the 1st phone Call to the last good bye from the doorman, I must say The Royal Horseguards Hotel and Staff were Fantastic. Friendly, Polite and attentive It made the celebration of my partners surprise 40th. Having a deep passion for Horse riding I chose this hotel to follow on from the theme I had set out for her Birthday and couldn't be more pleased with it. The Hotel boasts magical views of the embankment and the London skyline beyond, including the London Eye and the Shard. It is well located for you to take in a show, shopping and food all within a leisurely stroll. They wished her a happy birthday with a card, chocolate and Champagne, a very nice gesture indeed.

When we arrived the room wasn't quite ready but that allowed us to have a drink in the lounge and take a walk out to the horse guards plus see the horses at Scotland yard around the back of the hotel.

The room was fantastic in it's design mixing period with contemporary and sported many features including iPad, ipod dock and a Television in the bathroom. I my opinion the Royal Horseguards have got it so right. THANK YOU.

Room Tip: A room with a view of the Thames is a must.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review about your recent visit to The Royal Horseguards Hotel. We are thrilled to hear of your enjoyment and would like to thank you for choosing to spend such a wonderful occasion with us. Guest experience is our highest priority here at the hotel and our team do an amazing role to ensure you are well looked after, especially for birthdays! We are glad you were happy with our gesture.

We love the location we are in as we are very close to a lot of main attractions in London, but also very much tucked away from the hustle and bustle! It is very great to read you were pleased with the room allocated to you and we thank you for your kind comments regarding the amenities available in the rooms.

Please be assured I have passed your comments onto the team and they are very much hoping to welcome you both back to the hotel in the near future!

Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

We got a great deal on this hotel and treated ourselves to a 2 night pre Christmas break. From the minute I rang the hotel asking for an early check in they were so accommodating. They guaranteed our room would be ready at 1pm and also blocked a room with a queen bed rather than a double. We actually arrived at 12.00 but our room was still ready. We didnt get a room with a view, which we expected with the rate we paid, but it really didn't matter. I usually find something that I am not happy with and there was nothing- to my husband's amazement. The room was large, the bathroom beautiful with underfloor heating and it was really quiet. The whole hotel was stunning ( particularly at Christmas ) and I was stunned to find out that it is due to be refurbished as in my opinion it is perfect just as it is. The mini mince pies on the concierge desk were the best I have ever tasted- seriously. The position of the hotel is perfect- 5 minutes walk to Trafalgar square 2 mins to Embankment tube ( direct line to Paddington) and just across the bridge from the London eye. Breakfast was delicious and we had a meal from room service which was also really nice and promptly delivered. I am already checking for deals to go back in December 2014 so if any management read this review,please contact me and give me a heads up if any deals are on the cards as I can't wait to return!! It beats most of the luxury hotels I stayed in in California b a mile. Loved it and have recommended it to all my friends!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit at The Royal Horseguards Hotel. It is delightful to read such wonderful comments regarding out hotel and team. It is our highest priority to ensure all guests are well looked after and comfortable. We are very proud of our hotel, but you are correct, we are planning a design refurbishment, we hope you will be able to come back to see us once fully refurbished! The location of the hotel is very helpful to all of our guests, especially with the great transport links and being surrounded by some of London’s top attractions. I have passed your comments onto the team; they would like to thank you for such kind feedback. May we kindly ask you to please contact the hotel further for information regarding December 2014 where we will be able to accommodate your request. We do hope to welcome you both back very soon!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Stayed at The Royal Horseguards in Dec 2013. Can't praise this hotel enough. From the staff down to how the hotel had been decorated for Christmas - everything was excellent. Can't wait to book again for Dec 2014. We usually stay at The Athenaeum, but fancied a change. We now have a new favourite London Hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
HotelLondon, General Manager at The Royal Horseguards, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to The Royal Horseguards Hotel. It is delightful to read your kind words; we are thrilled that your stay with us was excellent. Please be assured I have passed your comments onto our team, they are very thankful to receive such great feedback. We are honoured to read we are your new favourite London Hotel and we very much look forward to welcoming you both back later this year.

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

This hotel was good since it was located within walking distance of many attractions and a tube station. The hotel room we were in smelled a bit funky but other than that the room was excellent with a great view. The hotel bar is fantastic as well as the breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Joyride0011
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to The Royal Horseguards Hotel. We are very lucky to be in the location we are, to be so close to some of London’s main attractions and great transport links is very helpful to most of our guests. We are sorry to read that there was a smell in your room; I have passed your comment onto our Housekeeping team to investigate. We are glad you enjoyed the hotel bar and the breakfast. Our team are very grateful for your feedback and thank you. We do hope to welcome you all back in the near future and show you what The Royal Horseguards Hotel is really capable of.