“Another great stay”

The Royal Horseguards
Ranked #118 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We stayed at this fantastic hotel again recently, once more fabulous staff, wonderful room with great views of a London Eye, flawless service throughout our stay, great breakfasts and couldn't fault the bar service. We cannot wait to be back in March !!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelLondon, General Manager at The Royal Horseguards, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to The Royal Horseguards Hotel recently. I am delighted by your feedback and can assure you I have passed your kind words onto the team, they would like to thank you for your praise. I am ever so pleased to see we will be welcoming you back in March; we look forward to seeing you again.

Riddian Davies

Write a ReviewReviews (4,824)

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I stayed at the hotel for my 50th birthday this year (6th February) and was treated to a room upgrade, birthday card, sweets and warm, friendly welcome. The staff are a credit to the company, always polite, attentive and professional. I love this hotel, its architecture and setting are simply stunning and our room had incredible views of the London Embankment, the Eye and city scape beyond. Although not the cheapest hotel in the city, I think its excellent value for money and I'd happily pay to stay here for a special occasion.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to The Royal Horseguards Hotel. Thank you for choosing to spend such a wonderful occasion with us! I am thrilled to read of your experience with us and overjoyed by your kind words. Our team work extremely hard to go that extra mile for guests and we very much enjoy celebrating with them too! We are very honoured to be in the location that we are and are very proud of our hotels history and architecture. I am so pleased by your feedback and can assure you I have passed it onto the team. We all hope we are able to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

My wife and I stayed on a Friday night as a base for a party in central London. I booked it directly on the guoman.com website which was clear and easy to use.
We were contacted prior to arrival to see if there was anything they could do to make our stay more comfortable, which was a nice touch. The reception staff were exceptionally warm and friendly and made us feel welcome and at ease straight away.

The barman knocked up a couple of killer mojitos as pre-drinks in the relaxed bar before we were shown our room. And what a room! It was a special treat so we had the Tower Suite. The bedroom faced out across the river although the windows are small which made the room feel warm, private and cosy. The bathroom had a TV in the wall and get this, a remote control for the water jets and massage. I don't remember ever having a remote control bath.

And then, what magicians refer to as 'the reveal'. Circular stairs curved up the inside edge of the tower opening out into what I think might be THE BEST SUITE IN LONDON. A circular living room in the corner tower of the building with 270 degree views across London. To say the view is stunning would not do it justice. Westminster to the right, the London eye opposite (flashing in red and yellow for Chinese New Year on the night we stayed). Then left to the Gherkin, St Paul's with Canary Wharf flashing in the far distance.

A remote control fire, bar, TV, iPad, chandelier. But did I mention the views? So good we considered not showing up at the party and just inviting people to this room to share the experience. If you ever wanted to impress a loved one, or blow an international visitor to London's mind, then this is the room to book. Trust me.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JoelBrandonBravo
HotelLondon, General Manager at The Royal Horseguards, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Royal Horseguards Hotel. It is truly amazing to read of your experience with us and I am delighted to read your detailed time with us. The Tower Suite is rather fantastic and the views are just breathtaking especially at night! I am pleased you were able to experience our Equus Bar and also enjoyed the amenities in the room.

Our team strive on ensuring the guests are well looked after and are as comfortable as possible whilst staying at the hotel. Please be assured I have passed your wonderful comments onto the team, they are very grateful tor receive such kind praise. We all hope we are able to welcome you back to The Royal Horseguards Hotel in the near future for another great stay!

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel from 6-7 February. From start to finish, my whole experience was one which i will remember fondly for a very long time. Ever member of staff that i came in contact with was very professional and polite. I was given an upgrade to a fantastic rooms overlooking the London Eye - the views were simply breathtaking; especially at night. The room service was good. The breakfast was busy but the food/service were fab. On checking out, the receptionist told me to ask for the same room again if i ever returned and they would endure it was made available for me ..... How lovely was that? Well, i do plan to return later this year and for a longer stay ..... This is by far one of the best hotels that i have had the pleasure to stay in. Thank you to everbody

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
HotelLondon, General Manager at The Royal Horseguards, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Royal Horseguards Hotel. It is delightful to read such kind words regarding our hotel and team. You are correct about the breathtaking views, we are extremely proud to be in the location that we are!

It is our highest priority to ensure all guests are as comfortable as possible whilst staying with us and I am glad to read your received this exceptional service from our Front of House team. Our team work extremely hard will go the extra mile, for which I am very proud of. I have shared your feedback with the team and they would like to thank you for your kind praise. We all hope to welcome you back to The Royal Horseguards Hotel very soon!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We went to this hotel for the afternoon tea and it was wonderful. There was a harpist playing and the food and atmosphere were lovely. This was by far the best High Tea venue that we found. It is also very convenient to other attractions like the Churchill war rooms. A perfect place to pamper yourself and get off your feet for awhile during a day of sightseeing.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your High Tea experience with us. I am delighted to read of your experience with us. I am pleased to read you found the venue, food and harpist lovely which all add to the experience. Please be assured I have passed your feedback onto the team and they would like to thank you for your kind words. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel, either for dining in or to stay in, very soon!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We spent 3 nights at this wonderful hotel and I must say it's the best hotel we have ever had (and we have had a lot of hotels). It's like a home away from home. The hotel itself is beautiful , but so are the staff. They are very friendly en very helpful in every way. I can't wait to come back here. We also had afternoon tea and had dinner in the restaurant , both delicious !
I would like to thank all the staff for making are staying one we will never forget.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review regarding your recent visit to The Royal Horseguards Hotel. I am touched by your kind words regarding our team and the hotel. We are very proud to have such a hardworking, valuable team with us. I have passed on your kind words to the team who are very grateful for your kind feedback. I am also very pleased to read of your delicious dining experiences with us and assure your comments have been passed on to our Executive Head Chef. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We are currently staying at the Royal Horseguards on our way to Cape Town. We arrived before the regular check-in time and reception was very accommodating. The location is wonderful - a short walk to the London Eye, 10 Downing Street, Trafalgar Square and a short walk to a variety of casual restaurants. The staff have been very attentive and friendly from the moment we checked in. It feels like a small hotel which we like. We would not hesitate to highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank loveontario

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at The Royal Horseguards Hotel whilst on your way to Cape Town. We are very privileged to have the neighbours that we do; to be amongst some of London’s top attractions is very exciting for our guests. Our team work extremely hard to ensure all guests are personally well looked after whilst staying with us and please be assured I have passed on your kind feedback to them. They would like to thank you for your praise. We hope we are able to welcome you back to The Royal Horseguards Hotel in the near future.