The Royal Horseguards
Ranked #117 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed at the Royal Horseguards with some friends just before the Christmas period and loved every minute of the time spent. Our room was very spacious, clean, airy and with lots of light. The beds were seriously comfy and very top of the range bathrooms. Due to the Christmas period the hotel was very lite up with Christmas lights and decorations which made it more specials. I would highly recommend this hotel and if you are luck like we were, we got an absolute deal/ bargain for our stay! Very very fabulous!! I'd give it 6 Stars!!

After we checked out, we opted to leave our luggage behind to enable us to see London and the staff were very helpful.

Room Tip: Very convenient and quite central to all places, right by the Thames and close walking distance to t...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
HotelLondon, General Manager at The Royal Horseguards, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at The Royal Horseguards Hotel last year. It is such a pleasure to read of your experience with us just before Christmas 2013; we take pride in our hotel and do like to decorate it as best we can around these special holidays! I am very happy to read you were also pleased with the room allocated to you and thank you for your recommendation. Wow, we would love it if you could give us 6 stars! Thank you! Please be assured I have passed all of your feedback onto our team, they are also very grateful to hear such lovely comments. We hope we can welcome you and your friends back to The Royal Horseguards Hotel in the near future!

Riddian Davies

Write a ReviewReviews (4,818)

Reviewed 21 February 2014

My Mum and Dad stayed at the Royal Horseguards this week. As it was ther 50th anniversay during their trip, I called in advance to request some wine and fruit for their arrival. The staff were very accommodating, and not only saw to my request, but also upgraded them to an executive room with a river view and put some complimentary cakes and chocolates in the room. A special mention has to go to the Guest Relations Manager and all the team who made them feel special by knowing who they were.
The room was excellent and incredibly well equipped. The cleaner even recognised that my mother had had a bath and left her some bath salts!
They intend to stay again!
Once again, thank-you.

Room Tip: River view Exec is excellent
1  Thank EAJGB

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your parents celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary trip this month. I am delighted that your parents had such a great time, the team and I enjoy nothing more than celebrating these occasions with guests, it is our highest priority to ensure they enjoy themselves and are well looked after! Please be assured I have passed your comments onto the team and they would like to thank you for your kind words. We hope to welcome your parents back very soon, or indeed, yourself to The Royal Horseguards Hotel!

Reviewed 21 February 2014

This Review is for the restaurant only

There is no doubting that The Royal Horseguards is outstanding when it comes to service and facilities they truly make the evening an experience.

This part is subjective based on my personal taste other people may differ. We were on a Travelzoo deal and purchased a voucher for the five course taster menu, the menu was good but not outstanding some of the plated combinations were not to my taste. The lamb main course was regrettably served cold, the staff reacted immediately to my grievance and after a short while we were presented with a very warm and pleasant main meal. The wine selection and service was excellent

Would I go again? Probably not, I'm two hours from London and would experience other restaurants before returning.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yanick_43

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your visit to our 1212 restaurant last year. Thank you for your kind praise regarding the hotel itself, however I am terribly sad to read of your disappointment with your dining experience. I have taken a keen interest in your comments made and would like to assure you I have reviewed the circumstances with the Executive Head Chef and the Food & Beverage team. We hope we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future and show what our restaurant is really capable of.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

My stay at the Royal Horseguards in London was nothing short of outstanding. Excellent property, staff and location. Hoping to return again soon! A great experience from check in until check out! Thank You!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alan F
HotelLondon, General Manager at The Royal Horseguards, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Royal Horseguards Hotel last year. I am thrilled to read of your wonderful experience with us, please be assured I have passed your comments onto the team, they would like to thank you for your great feedback. We hope we are able to welcome you back to The Royal Horseguards Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

My Mum and Dad stayed at the Royal Horseguards earlier this year. As it was my Mum's 50th birthday during their trip, I called a week in advance to request a river-view room and to order a bottle of wine for their arrival. The staff were very accommodating, and not only saw to my request, but also put a complimentary 50th balloon and chocolates in the room. Furthermore, due to availability, they were kind enough to upgrade their room to an Executive Double free of charge. A special mention has to go to Sasank (Guest Relations Manager) for his customer service and attention.

Their experience in the hotel proved to be equally as impressive. The room was excellent and in immaculate condition, the breakfast spread was second to none and the overall ambience of the hotel provided a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere.

Another bonus of the Royal Horseguards is the location. Situated in the city centre and beside the Embankment underground, everything is either within walking distance or a short journey on the tube. Perfect for sight-seeing tourists.

I would highly recommend this hotel for business and pleasure.

1  Thank Jennifer S

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your parent’s recent experience at The Royal Horseguards Hotel. We are thrilled that you chose for your Mum to spend her 50th Birthday with us, we very much enjoy celebrating these wonderful occasions with our guests and our team will go the extra mile to make it that extra special. I have passed your thanks onto Sasank and the rest of the team, they are very thankful for your kind praise. The location of the hotel is rather spectacular and we are very honoured to have the neighbours that we do. Thank you once again for sharing this experience with us and hope to welcome yourself or any of your family members to The Royal Horseguards Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I was recommended this hotel by a Client of mine. After looking at the website I just knew I had to stay here!
My boyfriend and I stayed here on the 9th Feb 2014, we had booked this in October 2013, and paid the balance upfront, which saved us a lot of money.
On arrival at the hotel we were greeted by such pleasant staff. You really do get the wow factor and the treatment you've paid for really is high end when it comes to rating customer care.
Checking in we were told a room is ready but if we didn't mind waiting a while a room with a river view would be available. Clearly we waited for the better room to be available. Which I'm sure was no longer than 15 minutes!
The room was gorgeous. Spacious with a luxurious yet compacted bathroom.
The view was unreal, and especially at night seeing the London Eye lit up in all its glory.
This hotel is in an excellent location!
We treated ourselves to cocktails in the bar downstairs, a round of 4 came to nearly £50, which you make think is steep but it was worth the treat, and when in London why not!
We had also paid for breakfast in our over night stay. The breakfast was wonderful, such a vast choice of quality food. If you're going to stay here please have the breakfast, you really won't be disappointed.
Overall I loved my stay at The Royal Horseguards. I would definitely look into staying at other Guoman hotels.

Room Tip: Riverside view rooms are a must!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent experience at The Royal Horseguards Hotel. I am delighted to read of your fabulous experience with us. Our team work very hard to ensure our guest’s expectations are met; the team enjoy going the extra mile to ensure we deliver the wow factor. We do have some rather wonderful views from the rooms, looking over the Thames and of course the London Eye, we have to agree looks very impressive when lit up at night! Please be assured I have passed your comments onto the Food & Beverage department, they would like to thank you for your feedback and praise. I have also informed the rest of the hotel of your kind praise who would like to thank you. We do all hope we can welcome you back to The Royal Horseguards Hotel or a fellow Guoman Hotel in the near future!

Reviewed 18 February 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel from Thursday 13th Feb until the 16th Feb.

From the moment we stepped out of our taxi until we left was an experience of the highest hotel quality.

We had a room overlooking the Thames - a modern, well furnished and capacious with a comfortable bed. A novel addition was the TV in the bath.

The staff were fab as well as the overall ambiance of the hotel foyer, restaurant and bar.
The staff are well trained, knowledgeable , and go out of their way to help.

This hotel is central to all sights and is well worth a visit.

Congratulations Royal Horse Guards in presenting a hotel that represents service at the highest level.

Michelleberyl.

Room Tip: Rooms overllooking the River Thames
1  Thank michelleberyl

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to The Royal Horseguards Hotel. I am touched by your kind words, our team work extremely hard to ensure all guests are well looked after and comfortable as soon as they arrive at the door. I am also pleased to read you were highly satisfied with your room. Thank you once more for your amazing feedback, I can assure you I have passed these comments onto the team for which they are very grateful to hear. We do hope we are able to welcome you back to The Royal Horseguards Hotel very soon.