“Five Star” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #94 of 1,089 Hotels in London
West Palm Beach
“Five Star”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

From the time we went through the front door to the day we left, the Royal Horseguards was a five star experience. The staff (doorman, reception, concierge) were very accommodating and helpful.

The location is great. We were able to catch the hop on hop off bus a couple of blocks from the hotel. The Embankment, Westminster Abbey, Houses of Parliament, and Big Ben were a couple of blocks walk from the Royal Horseguards.

Due to the early hour of our flight, our room was not ready but reception informed us we could return in an hour. When we did come back, our suitcases were in the room. The bathroom floor is heated and there is a heated towel bar. The toiletries are all top of the line. Service for tea or coffee was located in a drawer of the desk. The bed was comfortable with a variety of pillows (soft to firm).

I wish we had stayed longer to enjoy this hotel.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
HotelLondon, General Manager at The Royal Horseguards, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for reviewing your recent visit to The Royal Horseguards Hotel. I am so pleased to read your kind words regarding your experience and the team at the hotel, I am very proud of both. We are in a fantastic location and truly honoured to have such amazing neighbours and very helpful transport links nearby. I am sorry to read that your room was not ready on your arrival, but I am pleased that our team were able to help you settle in nicely. Please be assured I have shared your kind praise with the team; we all hope we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future!

Riddian Davies

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,202)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Châtel-St-Denis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

My daughter and I stayed here 2 nights while we were in London for the Nutcracker at Christmas. I called the morning of our arrival to see if the hotel was full, and asked for a room upgrade. We were given a room with a view of the London Eye...thank you management! My daughter loved falling asleep with the view. The location was perfect for exploring London.
We had afternoon tea one day. Plenty of food (too much for us to finish).
A few hours after we checked out, I realized that I forgot my iphone charger. The reception quickly located it and brought it down to the lobby. Thank you for the wonderful service!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HotelLondon, General Manager at The Royal Horseguards, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to The Royal Horseguards Hotel. It is wonderful to read of your experience with us and I am extremely proud of the team. Our top priority is to ensure the guests are well looked after and are as comfortable as possible! I am very pleased we were able to locate your iPhone charger too! We are in a fantastic part of London with great transport links and some rather impressive neighbours! Please be assured your kind praise has been shared with the team; we all hope we are able to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

We were on our three week travel in UK, this is the most favourite hotel in our entire trip. The hotel itself its very charming. Adding exceptional services to it makes it excellent. Staffs are all nice and friendly. They were very helpful and paid attention our request.

The breakfast was excellent. The best full English breakfast we had in our entire trip again.

The room is elegant and the bathroom was remarkable. Love the TV in the bathtub. Very relaxing and could really feel that they pay attention to every detail. The bathroom amenity set was basically everything you need or even more than you need in a luxury leather box. Nicely done. The bathroom floor is heated too. Water pressure is very good and constant. Very happy with the bathroom.

One thing to be noted that the refrigerator in the room is has an automatic detection system. We opened it many times and put some of our fresh strawberries inside. They detected that there were activities at the fridge. Anyhow we didn’t use anything so they understand and did not take any serious matter about it. That’s great. We would annoy if they do seriously nag us about moving things around like the other hotel we experienced in this trip.

The location is very good. Closed to Underground train station and short distance walk to London Eye.

Coffee during the breakfast was so amazing. The best coffee I had in any hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at The Royal Horseguards Hotel whilst on a business trip. I am thrilled to read such kind words regarding the team and hotel, I am extremely proud of both. As a team we ensure that all of our guests requests are adhered too as the guests are our top priority.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your dining experience with us; the breakfast is a huge treat to set you up for a busy day in London! Our team work extremely hard to ensure the finer details are concentrated on as we truly want our guests to be as relaxed and as comfortable as possible when with us.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the mini bar in your room, we are currently investigating your comments and would like to assure you we will amend any malfunctions immediately to ensure this issue does not arise for any future guests.

We are in a wonderful location and have some truly inspirational neighbours plus we have some great transport links which is very helpful for all of our guests! Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience; we hope we will be able to welcome you back to The Royal Horseguards Hotel very soon!

Perth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

My 1st visit to this hotel and down this end of London as I normally stay in a hotel at Knightsbridge. The hotel is ideally placed for walking to Covent Gardens, Soho and Regent & Oxford Street. Right over from the London Eye where we took the wee journey on the Eye And would thoroughly recommend a visit there also, view are superb.

We got room 903 to start with and as lovely a room as it is it was not till we actually went to bed that we found out it is only a double bed, well I struggled to get to sleep in such a small bed (im only 5ft 11") and when I did it was only for a couple of hours awake from back of 2 in the morning was no good and took its toll as the day went on and both of us ended back for a sleep. Got the room changed to a super king size bed as we have back home and had a better sleep but still not the best as im not a fan of super soft pillows so my sleep pattern over the stay was not the best for a relaxing time away. Had reason to complain as 1 evening they didn't do a room service and the same towels we used the previous night were still there for the morning after.

Booked the taster menu within the hotel and the staff and service was 1st class, the food was excellent apart from both of us had a bit upset stomach and after a small discussion we reckon the scallops were probably not cooked 100% and took its toll on me more than my partner to the stage I was bedded till Saturday Morning, ill would be an understatement. The reason we reckon it was the scallops was the texture was not what I was used to and I did mention it to my partner at the time and unusual for me not to question it I carried on and ate them, silly boy !!

The staff were excellent and couldn't do enough to please when asked absolute faultless service we had received from the reception, bar staff and waiters, credit to the hotel.

Room Tip: Do not get one of there double bedded rooms unless your a midget
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HotelLondon, General Manager at The Royal Horseguards, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to The Royal Horseguards Hotel. We are in such an honourable part of London, to be amongst the neighbours that we are, so much history. We also have some great transport links and close to some of London’s top attractions which I am glad you were able to enjoy!

I am sorry to read about your room experience and would like to assure you I have taken your comments into great consideration; we are currently undergoing a design refurbishment and are reviewing your comments. I am also sorry to read that you felt unwell, may I kindly inform you that I have reviewed your comments with our Executive Head Chef, please let me assure you that all of our food served is of the highest quality and all health and safety regulations are adhered to.

Feedback such as yours is truly valuable to the hotel as it is the guests’ needs and expectations that we strive to accommodate efficiently and professionally. I hope we are able to welcome you back to The Royal Horseguards Hotel in the near future.

Durban
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

What an excellent top class hotel. Was on business in London for 2 nights and stayed at a hotel close to Trafalgar House. Walking distance to Convent Gardens and very close to Embankment and Charing Cross stations. Close to theatres. Excellent ambiance and hotel has great high standards. Had a great stay.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
HotelLondon, General Manager at The Royal Horseguards, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to The Royal Horseguards Hotel whilst on a business trip. We are extremely lucky to be in the location we are, we have some great neighbours and very helpful transport links for our guests to use! Thank you for your kind words, we hope we are able to welcome you back to the hotel for either business or leisure!

S Derbyshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

this is a 5* luxury hotel and it felt like it. Lovely large reception area/lounge on the ground floor. Nice bedroom. Restaurant (where we had breakfast) was not so impressive though and breakfast was ordinary (and not good enough for a 5* hotel in terms of quality of what there was or variety).
We had paid extra for a better room with a river view. Unfortunately, the walls are thick and the windows not so wide, so the view was only available up close. Worse though - our windows opened onto a super little balcony with two chairs except that they didn't open - they were locked for safety reasons. Rather disappointing and unreasonable.
£330 for 1 night including breakfast was too much.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 2653589793
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us at The Royal Horseguards Hotel. I am terribly sorry to read that you were slightly disappointed with your stay. I would like to assure you that all guest feedback is truly valuable to us and we take all detail into great consideration. I would also like to assure you that we are currently undergoing a design refurbishment where we will also review your comments. I hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future to showcase what we really are capable of.

Flanders, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

This is a very short review for the simple reason that, in our opinion, you really need to be a nitpicker to come up with an element that needs improvement here. (For example: their bar doesn't offer any beer on draught.) This is probably the type of hotel to benchmark any other London hotel against.

Room Tip: Simply ask for a quiet room. In our experience, staff in a hotel like this will do everything possi...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to The Royal Horseguards Hotel. Thank you for your kind words; we are taking your comment regarding the bar into consideration. However I am pleased that you enjoyed the TV in the bathroom! It certainly is one of the most popular amenities in the rooms! I hope we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future!