The Royal Horseguards
US$258
US$191
Priceline
5,005 results
All reviewslondon eyeembankment tube stationtrafalgar squareriver viewroyal horse guardsequus barheated floorsdowning streetbig benafternoon teaheated towel rackunderfloor heatingbeautiful hotelcharing crossstar hotelcovent gardenturn down service
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I love this hotel. Have stayed several times now and it has never failed me yet. Location is perfect within walking distance of the major sights yet in a peaceful, calm and safe environment. The food and service is outstanding and the executive rooms are well presented with quality fixtures and fittings. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: pay for an upgrade on arrival - its worth it
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelLondon, General Manager at The Royal Horseguards, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to The Royal Horseguards Hotel. I am touched by your kind words and would like to assure you I have shared your comments with the team. We truly enjoy welcoming back familiar faces and we do hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel very soon!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Royal Horseguards for an overnight anniversary stay in good old London town. Ideally located for Covent Garden and the Theatre District, it is a true 5 star hotel with a beautiful front overlooking the embankment. I did find that the price was slightly higher when attempting to book direct with the hotel, so it's worth looking around at the large comparison sites beforehand for a good deal.

Of course, the service and attentiveness of the staff was second to none, the room was perfectly comfortable, and if you are staying for a special occasion be sure to let the front desk know - you will more than likely get an upgrade. Breakfast is lovely, a good quality buffet with fresh toast brought to your table, but probably not worth the cost considering the amount of places available to eat locally unless it is part of your room package.

Overall a lovely hotel, it is expensive but worth it for the one off wow factor that is required for a special occasion!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Royal Horseguards Hotel and congratulations! Thank you for choosing to spend such a wonderful occasion with us. All guest feedback is extremely valuable to us and we do take all comments into great consideration. I would like to thank you for your kind words and assure you I have shared your review with the team, we hope we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

A perfect place with great location.
I stayed for a week , and all the Staff made us feel at home.
Breackfast amazing!!
Almost beside the Tube. Highly recommended.
PD: Special thanks to Camilo at the front desk who recibed us.
I will not hesitate to be back again and again.

Room Tip: inside rooms are bigger
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelLondon, General Manager at The Royal Horseguards, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent visit to The Royal Horseguards Hotel. I am so pleased to read your feedback and that you had a wonderful time with us. I am extremely proud of the hotel and the team, Camilo is an asset to the team. Please be assured I have passed on your feedback to the team, they would like to thank you for your kind words and hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

The RHG is absolutely stunning, grand and spectacular! The staff are professionals and extremely attentive, nothing is too much trouble. The location is perfect for all the sights and attractions. We took with us our two little girls and they were made to feel extremely welcome, what a luxurious treat!

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent experience at The Royal Horseguards Hotel. I am thrilled by your kind words and that you all enjoyed yourself whilst with us. Please be assured I have shared your feedback with the team; we do hope we are able to welcome you all back in the near future!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I seem to have walked past this hotel on each of my trips to London. It looked grand but would it live up to appearances? I finally took the plunge and stayed at the Royal Horseguards from 3/28-4/1. I came directly from hiking on the North Downs, with no time to change, and wondered how I would be greeted by the staff in my disheveled state. I needn't have worried as I was warmly greeted by Matthias at reception. Check in was quick and efficient, Matthias helped me sign in to the wifi, and within minutes I was in a beautiful, spacious executive room. The room was practically designed with excellent lighting, bedside controls, adaptors for different voltages and an even better bathroom. The rain shower, heated floors and towels racks were so inviting that it was tempting to luxuriate in there but London called, so I forced myself to venture out.

My rate included breakfast which featured a hot and cold buffet, and could be as healthy or as decadent as one wished. I tried to take a middle path and especially enjoyed the house smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. It was rough as the pastries kept calling my name but I felt very virtuous as I finished with fruit. I had no need of lunch and justified my choices as providing fuel for the miles I walked. The hotel was crowded for Mother's Day but the staff kept the toast and hot tea coming, and regularly replenished the buffet. I was reminded of a scene from the film "Hello Dolly" where the wait staff twirls, flips, and dances their way around while serving their guests. While the RH team was not as choreographed, I admired their dexterity and team work in providing excellent service throughout the meal.

The hotel is fabulously located for the sights of central London, including the theaters. I went to a performance each night and all were in easy walking distance. The closest Tube station, the Embankment, was closed for refurbishment, but that was a minor inconvenience. I also walked to sights on the South Bank and to the City.

Matthias checked in throughout my stay, pointing out features of the hotel, and arranging for an extra day's stay. The rest of the staff was welcoming and helpful, but Matthias was the star and I am grateful for all his help. One feature I took advantage of was indicating to the staff via a lighting system that the room needed to be cleaned or not to disturb me. I hate coming back to a room late in the day and finding that it hasn't been made up.

I give the Royal Horseguards high marks for comfort, location, food, and a congenial and efficient staff. I hope to treat myself to another stay there on a future visit.

Room Tip: My room overlooking a side street was quiet but I would probably try for a river view in future.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank VAunt9X

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to The Royal Horseguards Hotel. I am extremely pleased that you had a wonderful experience with us. Our highest priority as a hotel is to ensure all guests are well looked after and as comfortable as possible when staying with us. Matthias is an exceptional asset to the team and please be assured I have shared your kind words with him and the rest of the team. We do have a wonderful Executive Head Chef who knows how important it is to start your day with a good meal; the salmon is one of my favourite dishes! We would all like to thank you once again for your kind praise and hope that it will not be the last time we welcome you to The Royal Horseguards Hotel.