“Perfect place to stay. First visit to UK.”

The Royal Horseguards
Ranked #118 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 29 August 2014

We are from USA and we stated 4 nights. Great location and free wifi. The tube is within walking distance. The breakfast offered several options and was Delishious! Staff were friendly and helpful. (Buy your London tower & London eye tickets from the concierge) We paid extra for the fast pass on the London Eye. (It was worth every penny)

• Stayed: August 2014
RHG_London, General Manager at The Royal Horseguards, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Dear Aprilthenmay,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the hotel. I am so pleased that you had a perfect stay with us; your feedback is truly valuable and please be assured I have shared your comments with the team. Our Concierge team are extremely talented and they are constantly reviewing their knowledge of what events are happening in London especially with our fantastic local attractions. I do hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel the next time you are visiting our great city!

Riddian Davies, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,826)

Reviewed 24 August 2014

The hotel has nice location, we had room with wiew to London Eye.
Accommodation was nice.
First day we arrived, we sit at free table in lobby and it came waiter
and said, this table is reserved ( on table was not reservatin ). So we sit
to another table and order cappuccino, fresh juice and selection of cheeses.
Waiter said to us, that we ordered not afternoon tea menu we must sit to another table, because this table he has decorated for afternoon tea. So for 3rd time in 10 minutes we become another table.
We waited 1 hour for our order (30 minutes for coffee and another 30 minutes for cheeses).
When I ask: where are my cheeses, waiter answered: i am sorry, It is free of charge for you.
We do not want free of charge services, we await in 5* hotel better SERVICE.

Breakfast: great choice, service perfect

Departure: we ordered executive room, desk clerk put us the bill for 160£. He said, that we order de luxe room and we upgrate It for executive. I said him to show us our voucher and there was written executive double room. Accident? I was dissapointed such a agenda.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Miki123997
RHG_London, General Manager at The Royal Horseguards, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear Miki1 23997,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at the hotel. I must apologise for the downfalls in service you received in our Lounge on at Reception, this is certainly by no means the usual excellent levels of service that our team deliver. I can assure you I have reviewed the issues raised with the relevant Senior Managers and will ensure any further training required will be implemented immediately.

However, on a lighter note I am pleased you did enjoy our breakfast service, I believe we serve one of the best breakfasts in London! I hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel the next time you are visiting London as I would like the opportunity to showcase our true potential to you both. Please do not hesitate to contact the team for any assistance you may require in the future, we would be more than happy to help!

Reviewed 24 August 2014

We have stayed here many times and this hotel never fails in customer service pleasant friendly staff excellent food and the most sumptuous bedrooms always keeping up with the latest technology we are always looked after so well wonderful

Room Tip: Get a room facing the Thames the views are wonderful
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
RHG_London, General Manager at The Royal Horseguards, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear LYNNE P,

Thank you for your kind review regarding your recent visit to the hotel. We enjoy nothing more than welcoming back a familiar face, your loyalty is truly important to us and we will work our hardest to ensure all guests are as relaxed and as comfortable as possible. Please be assured I have shared your kind words with the team; we hope to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 23 August 2014

The Royal Horseguards provided excellent service from the moment that we arrived excluding one trip to the lounge area, which wasn't the best. Overall the hotel was excellent from the public areas to the dining room to the room. Since our inbound flight arrived at 7:30 AM we arrived at the hotel quite early and were able to leave our luggage with the concierge. It is also centrally located to many major attractions in the heart of London.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Keith J,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent visit to the hotel. Your kind words are truly valuable to the team and I would like to assure you I have shared your praise with them. However, I am sorry to read you felt disappointed with the service you received in the Lounge, I will ensure all procedures and service levels are being acknowledged. The hotel is in a very desirable part of London within walking distance to some great Theatres, shops, tourist attractions and many more! I hope we will be able to welcome you and your family back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

A lovely night here at The a Royal Horseguards, with the added treat of having a river view for both rooms. Thanks also for the Birthday Fudge left in both rooms due to birthday celebrations.

Good centre hotel, well priced and lovely courteous staff,,who bent over backwards to help with any enquiry or request.

Will be back

Room Tip: If you can get River. Jews you won't be disappointed
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
RHG_London, General Manager at The Royal Horseguards, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear loupylou1972,

Thank you for your kind review regarding your recent visit to the hotel, we hope you enjoyed your birthday celebrations! Thank you for choosing to spend such a wonderful occasion with us. We very much enjoy celebrating with our guests and our talented Pastry Team are more than happy to create beautiful little gifts for them! Please be assured I have shared your feedback with the team and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future!

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

The Royal Horseguards is welcoming, inviting, comfortable, interesting, centrally located and well worth a visit. Do not overlook this hotel, nestled in the heart of Whitehall, so much to see, so much to do and nothing to complain about which is a rarity these days. Visit The Royal Horseguards, you won't be disappointed!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Donard D

Dear Donard D,

Thank you for your wonderful words regarding your recent visit to the hotel. We are in a very desirable part of London, located to some fabulous attractions but tucked away from the hustle and bustle! The history of Whitehall and the buildings are second to none and I am so pleased to read you had a great stay with us. I would like to assure you I have shared your comments with the team, we hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

I love this hotel and have stayed here 3 times but this has to have been the worst experience so far.
There were things I loved. My room was huge and view was beautiful. The bathroom was wonderful. The beds were comfy. It should have been the best time.
The walls are a bit thin and I realize this was beyond the hotels control but the room next door sounded like there was a murder taking place. There was slamming into walls and banging. I was worried someone was actually being killed then I heard the foul worse of the most vulgar nature and it appeared to be a couple having very rough sex in the room. It was bad. Then they decided to take it to the bathroom and there were plenty of tub noises. I had my hand on the phone to complain but my family didn't want me to cause a scene. My brother ended up getting up and going for a walk at 2 am to get away from this. He saw a poor old couple hurrying down the hall as well. I take it we were not the only ones disturbed.
I do hope this is not a trend. When I told the staff he just said oh you should have just called. Not even sorry.
Outside of that - they have a wonderful afternoon tea. It can go on for hours but worth it. The lady playing the harp was so talented and it was so very relaxing. Their breakfast is really nice and the restaurant may be a bit pricy for some- I found it was worth every penny.
The location is really what sets this apart . You will not find a better view and you can walk to most attractions easily. If you don't want to walk to tube is practically across the street or the hotel will get you a taxi.
I would like to stay here again with my family to prove to them this was just a one time fault in an otherwise perfect hotel.

Room Tip: In the winter any room facing the river is lovely but the rest of the year you will want a room abo...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank knitkat

Dear knitkat,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the hotel earlier this year. I am pleased that you were happy with the room allocated to you; our team ensure every finest detail exceeds our guest’s expectations and they are as comfortable as possible. However, I must sincerely apologise for the disruption you faced with your neighbours, I can assure you that our team would have intervened to ensure you faced no further disruption.

On a lighter note, the hotel is in a very desirable part of London; close by to some major tourist attractions, theatres and shops – albeit tucked away from the hustle and bustle. I would also like to thank you for your praise regarding the rest of your stay; feedback such as yours is truly valuable to the team and I. Please be assured I have shared all aspects of your feedback to the team. We do all hope we will be able to welcome you and your family back to the hotel once more to showcase our true potential that you have experienced with us before. Please do not hesitate to contact the team for any assistance you may require, we would be more than happy to help.