“Quiet and yet central”

Jumeirah Carlton Tower
Ranked #202 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I've stayed at Jumeirah Carlton Tower I believe 4 or 5 times now. First of all the location makes it a solid choice. It is within walking distance of any shopping and most tourist attractions and restaurants that you really want to go to... and near the tube for places that are beyond walking. The beauty of the hotel is that is so central, and yet it is on Cadogan Place, a surprisingly quiet square considering chic Sloane Street with all its tony shops runs along one side.

The rooms are small. Small by most international chain hotel standards, and small by London hotel standards (the Intercontinental in Mayfair, by way of contrast, has much larger rooms), but for what the rooms lack in size they are luxurious, are tricked out in the latest electronic gadgets and have all the expected creature comforts.

The breakfast buffet is a surprisingly good value. Usually breakfast buffets seem like a waste of money to me, but at the Jumeirah it's actually a good value. The concierge is also very helpful - I have always used them and they always have their finger on the pulse on what's happening for the restaurant scene and know how to get good tables.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Elsa R, Guest Relations Executive at Jumeirah Carlton Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and was pleased to read that you enjoyed the great location we have.

As you mentioned we are a shoppers dream, as we are within walking distance to Harrods, Harvey Nicholas and the fashionable Kings Road and have some of London’s best restaurants in the area, such as Zuma, Zafferano’s, Amaya & Petrus to name a few.

Thank you also for your feedback with regard to the room sizes. We do have a total of 10 different room/suite categories ranging from 18sqm to 155sqm so please do not hesitate to contact me in the future to arrange a room/suite which is more suitable to your requirements.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experiences and for your loyalty with Jumeirah and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Elsa

Reviewed 14 October 2013

A truly magnificent 2 day stay, at jumeirah carlton tower, highly recommended....
excellent choice of rooms, great service, beautifull rooms, impressive spa and gym facilities, and all requests met....

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Kristina J, Guest Relations Executive at Jumeirah Carlton Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a great review.

I am pleased that we managed to meet and exceed all of your expectations for your stay here in London and that you enjoyed the room, facilities and above all the service provided by the passionate team here.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Unfortunatly I only got to stay one night but I can say that this is one of best hotels in London. I got upgraded to a huge Executive Suite which was large and very luxurious.

The hotel has a large modern gym at the top floor, one of the best hotel gyms I have seen actually. There is also a pool although I did not have time to find it.

I had some shirts pressed in less than an hour, no problem.

Great room service althought the mini-burgers were slightly on the dry side. Breakfast by room service was perfect.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

It really is a pleasure to read a review such as yours – knowing that we are getting it right on all levels.

I am glad that you enjoyed the Executive Suite with its great views over the city and London Eye and the spacious living room and separate bedroom.

As you mentioned the Peak Health Club and Spa is a true luxury that we have at the hotel with the gym located on the 9th floor and the full length swimming pool on the 2nd floor. The gym overlooks the leafy Cadogan Gardens and the London skyline which certainly makes working out that little bit easier!

I would like to apologise that the mini-burgers were slightly dry and I have informed our Head Chef of your comment, however I am pleased that you enjoyed the room service breakfast – a perfect start to the day.

Thank you once again for choosing us for your stay here in London and I hope we can welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Lovely hotel, great location. Nothing is too much trouble, check in is easy and you are given warm towels, plums and juice........
Not sure its worth the £400 a night tag but that's a personal thing.
Some areas of the spa are a little tired but overall its lovely treat to have a pool in central London.
Room was lovely, room service - nothing was too much trouble.
View over Harrods at night was pretty special and a balcony! Yes a balony in central London and a large room too.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank lsilver

Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read your review and that you had a fabulous time here at the hotel.

I am glad that you enjoyed the great location we have in Knightsbridge and found the service to be as you would expect being a Jumeirah Hotel. As you mentioned we do have a full length swimming pool which is a rarity being in central London and am glad you found the time to make use of this great facility we have to offer.

Thank you for informing us of the spa looking tired in parts – I have passed your comments onto the Peak Health Club Manager and the maintenance team who are acting on your feedback.

Thank you once again for staying and we do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Stayed a few days this year
I like it a lot and have stayed several times in the past.
but the problem happened when you stay in other luxurious hotels and you see the huge difference in room space.
I have to say that the breakfast is amazing.
But the overall atmosphere is toooooooo show off.
Staff are friendly,
But due to them being toooo busy they don't care to pamper their guests.

Room Tip: Don't take less that the deluxe rooms
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Firstly, thank you for taking your valuable time to share your experiences on TripAdvisor.

I am sorry that you found the room to be smaller than other hotels here in London.

We do have a number of different room types which may have suited your requirements better. Our superior rooms range from 18 - 23 Square meters and the deluxe rooms are up to 26 square meters with the suites starting from 31 square meters and go up to 155 square meters. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any future reservations in order for you to get the best suited room for your stay or if you need any more information regarding the different room types and options available.

Reading your feedback I was pleased that you found our staff friendly and the breakfast “amazing” – I have shared this comment with the Chefs and the restaurant team who are delighted. I am however sorry that you felt the atmosphere was not to your liking.

We are glad that overall you like the hotel and we hope that you continue to use us as your “home away from home” when here in London.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Rooms are to an excellent standard often only seen in Asia. Nice lobby lounge with good food and coffee. Location is excellent. Staff very professional. My only issue is that it is expensive but excellence comes at a price.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing your feedback following your recent stay with us.

We very much appreciate your complimentary remarks about the hotel and the service provided and we are pleased that your stay met your expectations.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Jumeirah Carlton Tower in the very near future.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed for two nights over a weekend. One thing this hotel is not short of is 'service'. It's staff is slick, professional, courteous and unlike many five star hotels, they manage to smile.

On arrival we were met with a glass of pressed apple juice, a hot towel and a room upgrade. We were showed to our room by the front of house staff. The rooms are stylish, well laid out and have the most comfortable beds with 100% Egyptian cotton bedding. Nespresso coffee machines and REN products. Plenty of towels. It seems a lot of work has gone into lighting design... this was faultless. My husband was able to have his reading light on after dark, which I did not notice my side of the bed!

We had drinks in the Rib Room, which has a well thought out 'London' cocktail menu. I highly recommend the 'Harvey Giggles'! The food was very good, but quiet expensive. Breakfast came to around £50 for two people having eggs benedict!

Aside from the excellent location in Knightsbridge. This hotel has one of the most beautiful gym/yoga/sauna and swimming pools in this area. Where else can you work out with a view over Cadogan Gardens or swim looking up at the night sky? The gym was well maintained, spotlessly clean (as is the whole hotel), excellent equipment from free weights, bosu and the usual cardio machines. Iced water, plenty of towels etc.

Given that the Jumeirah group are based in Dubai and the hotel has many Arabic guests, there are separate mens and ladies saunas/steam baths. I really enjoyed the privacy of the ladies sauna and think this would be a great benefit if travelling solo as a woman. Again, this area was spotlessly clean, plenty of fresh towels and iced water available.

This is a five-star Jumeirah hotel, located a 5 minute walk from Harrods or Sloan Square, therefore, it is not a budget hotel! It does mean a better class of hotel guest, peace, privacy, cleanliness and excellent service. The four things this hotel has above others is 1) its fantastic staff. 2) Its location 3) Great gym. 4) Superb coffee... (it is Arabian after all!)

Room Tip: Higher floors have the best views. Visit the pool late in the evening - you may just get it to your...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HelenaMildmay

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your view following your recent stay with us.

We are pleased that thanks to the service extended by my colleagues you hand a memorable visit and we are glad that you enjoyed our welcome amenities at reception as well as the ones provided in the room, The Peak Health club and our wonderful location near Sloane Square.

Furthermore, thank you for your valuable feedback in relation to your dining experience in the Rib Room and the pricing of the breakfast menu. We always strive to offer the very best quality alongside offering value for money and I am sorry that you did not feel this so I have highlighted your feedback to our Food & Beverage Director to look into your comments and take into consideration.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back.