“Fantastic overnight stay, superb breakfast!”

Jumeirah Carlton Tower
Ranked #68 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
“Fantastic overnight stay, superb breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

My wife & I booked in for Saturday evening for one night as we were attending a family party in town and anticipated a late finish. We had a suite on the 10th floor that had a great view of Harrods with its Christmas lights on full display. The room had a good layout and we were extremely pleased that we had chosen Carlton Towers. The check in was quick and simple and we were shown to our room within 5 mins of arriving allowing us to get on enjoying our short stay.

We had a quick drink in the bar before heading out and both agreed we could have settled in for the evening if we hadn't got prior arrangements - staff were quick and courteous, a nice comfortable relaxed atmosphere.

Breakfast was a highlight, service slick, with fresh coffee in plentiful supply. The 'Full English' was lovely and set us up for the day.

Superb location and would be a perfect base for Christmas shopping sadly we didn't have time for that but we will definitely be back when the next opportunity arises!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jamie D
Patricia H, Front Office Manager at Jumeirah Carlton Tower, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear Guest,

It is particularly pleasing to read a review such as yours and I am delighted you had a thoroughly good stay.

I am glad you enjoyed the Junior Suite on the 10th floor which as you mentioned has a fabulous view of the famous Harrods department store, which sparkles at night time.

It is important to start off the day in a positive way, so I am happy you found breakfast superb and set you up perfectly to explore everything London has to offer.

We hope we do have the pleasure of welcoming you back for the Festive Season, if not then we look forward to seeing you soon in the New Year.

Kind regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Arabic first
Exeter, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

This hotel is all about location, and not about the hotel. Generally the hotel feels shabby, which given the price tag is unacceptable. But beyond the general appearance, this hotel forgets all the basics of luxury service - make your costumer feel special. On our arrival it took reception 25 minutes to check us in!! Because of this we missed our 20 minutes of our massage, and it's here everything started to go wrong. On check out I was left waiting while a junior receptionist consulted with his "manager" behind closed doors for some 10 + minutes, and not once did the so called manager show his/her face - cowardly and completely unacceptable. I have received better service from holiday inns. They did provide a comp bottle of champagne and removed one massage - but only after I complained. And then on check out they had only removed 20%, which lead to further delays and frustration for my family on check-out.

Doormen are indifferent (and I tipped well!), and no one really made any effort to get to know me and my family. I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights all in all, and no one greeted me by my name - not once!

The food was very average in the hotel - extremely expensive and average.

The pool feels very dated and has an extremely strong smell of chlorine, plus everywhere you turn there are notices telling you "dont do this" "dont do that", it just felt cold. But by this point I was really not liking this hotel and things continued to go wrong.

Really give this place a miss - find a 4/5 star with more recent fit out, and where they really focus on the costumer. Based on my experience I think the hotel has a fundamental gap in their understanding of luxury hotel service. I'm travelling to Switzerland in the coming days, Zurich and Geneva, and I know this country gets what counts as professional hotel service.

Room Tip: higher up is better - facing the city
2 Thank willcomment
Dear Guest,

I would first like to apologise for your experience following your recent stay here at the Jumeirah Carlton Tower. The hotel management is aware of your experience and the problems which occurred.

First of all I am sorry that only one of your rooms was ready on arrival and for the second there was a delay. I completely accept that both rooms should have been ready on arrival. Unfortunately the request of both rooms being on the same floor caused the hotel a delay as we only have 5 superior garden facing rooms on each floor.

This subsequently did cut off 10 minutes of time from the treatments which were booked so as a gesture we offered two different options to compensate you. I am sorry that there however was confusion over what had been offered.

I am truly sorry that you felt the service was not personalised and that the doormen were indifferent. Here at Jumeirah one of our hallmarks is to deliver exceptional personalised service so this is disappointing to read and not the usual level of service which we aim to provide to our guests.

In the Peak Health Club we do monitor the chlorine levels in the swimming pool every two hours to make sure it is at the perfect level but I am sorry if you felt it was too high. Again I have shared your comment with the Peak Health Club Manager.

Once again I am truly sorry that your stay was not an enjoyable and memorable one. If you would be so kind to give us another opportunity to demonstrate the true service levels that Jumeirah has become renowned for then please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind regards
Pontyclun, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

The hotel was okay but my son and I stood out like a sore thumb in our jeans and jackets. I like nice hotels and good food but fashion holds no interest to me. I felt totally humiliated whilst checking in when I was asked if I'd like a wake up call - 'no thanks' I replied. Would I like a morning newspaper - again, 'no thanks'. The reply came "it's free". OMG, how patronising, I nearly died of embarrassment.
After a days shopping I asked if we could dine at their restaurant but my jeans were not suitable attire. Instead I had to purchase in-room dining which I could eat in my jeans at the same cost as dining out.
The hotel is nice, nothing spectacular. The room was small in comparison to others I have stayed at. Finally, if you book this as a deal don't wear jeans!!!!

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank susaq12
Patricia H, Front Office Manager at Jumeirah Carlton Tower, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing your review following you recent stay with us at Jumeirah Carlton Tower.

I would like to first of all sincerely apologise if you felt in any way embarrassed during your time in the hotel as we would certainly not wish that to be the case. On arrival we do give the option of a complimentary UK newspaper to our guests, as an additional service, and am sorry if this was communicated to you in a way that caused embarrassment.

We do not have a dress code in any our restaurants so should you have wished to dine in The Rib Room, The Chinoiserie or The Club Room, you would have been very welcome. I am sorry if you had the impression that jeans were unsuitable attire – I can assure you this is not the case.

Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stayed here on our wedding night and it was wonderfully luxurious but not at all stuffy. The staff were friendly, down to earth and nothing was too much trouble. We watched the sunrise from our balcony with a glass of champagne (recommended!) then a quick swim before a delicious steak and eggs breakfast! Unforgettable.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us following your stay with us.

I am delighted that you had a memorable stay with us and Jumeirah was able to play a small part in such as wonderful celebration.

From all the staff and management we wish you both well in your future together and we hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Beijing, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

This was my 2nd time at this relatively new hotel chain, I stayed at their Frankfurt location and liked it so I booked it in London and liked it.
Location is central, walking distance to Harrods and Hyde Park
You get a lot of amenities for free, like internet access.
There is a nespresso machine in every room
You are greeted by a friendly staff who shows you that you are welcome at the hotel not that you are lucky to have a room
Concierge very knowledgeable and helped us recommending places
Breakfast could be better.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank nodiscrimination88
GuestRelations3, Guest Relations Manager at Jumeirah Carlton Tower, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to read that you had a very enjoyable stay during your visit to London and we lived up to your high expectations set by our colleagues in Germany, at the Jumeirah Frankfurt Hotel.

I am glad that you enjoyed the complimentary high speed internet which is provided for our guests throughout the hotel and the Nespresso machine which is placed in every guest room for a Espresso to start the morning.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the team here at the hotel who made you feel special . Your review is on display for the team to see that their hard work is not going unnoticed.

I would however like to apologise that you felt breakfast was not perfect, as it should be. If you would be so kind to contact me directly at andrew.booth@jumeirah.com to let me know the areas which could have been improved and I will assure that this is looked at with the food and beverage director.

Thank you once again for staying with us and we hope Jumeirah has the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Andrew
Dorking
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. Beautiful and spacious room with stunning views across London. Chinoiserie was an ideal spot for a pre dinner cocktail whilst listening to a harpist. Great spot for the best shops in London.

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your review and taking the time to share your experiences.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the spacious room and the view. With seventeen guest floors at the hotel we are lucky that we have the luxury of having unrivalled views across the London skyline.

I am also glad that you took full advantage of the great shopping there is to do on the hotels doorstep, with Harrods, Harvey Nichols, Sloane Street & the fashionable Kings Road all within walking distance.

Thank you for choosing us for your visit here to London and we hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Excellent stay. Courteous and helpful staff - nothing was too much trouble. Lovely surroundings in the Chinoiserie with delicious cocktails and music from a harpist. Fantastic views over London - the Shard. the London Eye!

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that you had an excellent stay with us during your trip to London.

It sounds like you enjoyed one of our London City View Suites which has a fantastic skyline view overlooking the city. The resident harpist entertains our guests every day from 15:00 – 18:00 throughout afternoon tea and I am glad you enjoyed her music, sipping cocktails.

It is always nice to read that the team were courteous and helpful and your praise has been shared with them.

Thank you for writing your review on the hotel and we hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.