“Never disappointed”

Ranked #66 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Miami, Florida
“Never disappointed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

The hotel is an excellent stay for any kind of trip to London. The staff is friendly and greet guests by name. The health club, spa, sauna, steam room and pool are excellent! My only complaint is that I have always had to wait for my room. This is indicative of the popularity of the hotel and I keep it in mind when travelling on a business trip.

Room Tip: I love the garden view rooms.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
NicholasChalmers, Manager at Jumeirah Carlton Tower, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your review here on Tripadvisor.

Although I was delighted to read about your loyalty to our hotel and the fact that you always enjoy the health club facilities, the room and the efficient yet friendly service extended by my colleagues, I was concerned to learn that you had to wait for your room on several occasions for what I am truly sorry.

I can fully understand the frustration you felt when the room was not ready upon your arrival and even though our check in time is 2pm, it does often happen that our guests decide to extend their stay causing a delay in allocating rooms for new arrivals. Although we do offer refreshments in our lobby restaurant the Chinoiserie or the Rib Room bar while waiting for the room, I do understand that after a long journey to the hotel all you wish to do is relax in your room.

I would like to once again extend our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you and I truly hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

Please contact our Guest Relations department when making the reservation to ensure you will have a smooth arrival.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Arabic first
Farnham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

We stayed here for a night to do some Christmas shopping. The staff knew our names before we got there and recognised us whenever we asked for anything. We stayed on one of the higher floors and had fantastic views out over London towards Hyde Park and Harrods! Our bathroom was wonderful, with lovely bath products, and they had even put some (very tasteful) Christmas decorations in the room. Food was great and the staff there could not have been friendlier or more helpful. Concierge service was brilliant as we left our bags there during the day and on returning to the hotel to pick them up, hardly had to tell them who we were before having our bags brought to us. Almost one to one staff to guest ratio means you never have to wait for anything but you don't feel over-attended to. A wonderful experience, a shame I was pregnant so couldn't go to the gym and spa!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind compliments shared here on Tripadvisor.

It is great to learn that we managed to make your stay with us special and that you liked the views from your room, the bathroom with the amenities, the food and very importantly the service delivered to you by my fellow colleagues. We always strive to deliver a personalized service to our guests and I am delighted that we did not disappoint.

Our gym and Health Club located on the ninth floor overlooking the Cadogan Gardens really does offer a unique experience and we hope to welcome you back in the near futur so that you can also enjoy this experience.

It has been a great pleasure to have you staying with us and thank you choosing Jumeirah.

lon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

The size of the room are reasonable, some people think that when are traveling doesn't need comfort to sleep I do not Je pense that from that period that space will be my small house that's why I need space and to be well. When I have to go to London I like to stay in Jumeirah good place, good service, good room, a small house. Stay there!

Room Tip: rooms far away from elevator usually are the best
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your views following your recent stay with us.

As we always endeavor to ensure that our service is second to none I was delighted that we managed to create a ‘home away from home’ atmosphere throughout your stay and you truly enjoyed your experience here at the Jumeirah Carlton Tower.

It has been a great pleasure to look after you and we are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Jumeirah Carlton Towers this past January. I am a swimmer and initially picked the hotel as I found an internet review by an avid swimmer raving about the pool. The hotel exceeded my expectations. The health club, pool and locker room are fantastic and the pool attendants are wonderful. The service in the hotel is outstanding and genuinely warm. The room was lovely and there were great amenities in the room. I arrived early in the morning after a night flight from Canada and the fact that I was able to get a room at 7:30 in the morning was so appreciated. The breakfast in the rib room was simply outstanding, and the service was excellent. In my opinion the location cannot be topped. To be within a short walking distance to Knightsbridge and Sloan Square is fantastic, but the bonus is being on a quiiet street across from a park and right next to Belgravia. For a simple lunch, I would recommend popping into Ottolenghi in Belgravia which is literally two blocks away.

I really look forward to coming back to London and staying at this fantastic hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing your review here on Tripadvisor. We very much appreciate you taking the time to comment in this way.

It is truly rewarding to read such positive feedback and it pleases me greatly that your first stay with us was wonderful and you enjoyed every aspect of our hotel, particularly the swimming pool which is indeed very popular by the guests as well as non residents. I agree that our location is superb and within walking distance from various London attactions such as Hyde Park or fashionable Sloane Street, Harrods and Harvey Nichols.
We endeavour to offer a positive experience for all of our hotel guests and it is nice to know when this happens. Your kind words are shared with the team.

We are looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back hopefully in the near future.

With kind regards,

Manama, Bahrain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

I stayed at the Jumeirah Carlton for 2 nights on a business trip and the hotel was in the perfect location for my purposes. It was also in walking distance of the Knightsbridge shopping area which was an added bonus.
Service was outstanding and all employees greeted you with a smile.
The rooms were a reasonable size for a London hotel and the decor was elegant. The bed was very comfy and I asked for a room with a garden view which was really nice to wake up to in the morning. The bathroom is a bit on the smallish side but had all the requirements and nice toiletries which were constantly replenished. the towels and bathrobes were nice and not worn out as in other hotels.
A bit on the pricey side, but I would not hesitate in going there again or recommending the hotel to anyone going to London.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the garden , really nice to wake up to and less busy and noisy even on a w...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback here on Tripadvisor.

I am very glad that you truly enjoyed your recent stay with us thanks to our central location in the heart of Knightsbridge, the room with our comfortable beds and a view overlooking the beautiful Cadogan Gardens as we do understand how important it is to relax especially when travelling for business purposes.
I am pleased that you found our staff members friendly at all times and please rest assured that your kind comments will be shared with the team.

As you mentioned, here in London space is of a premium and we appreciate your understanding with regards to the bathroom size and I am happy that you were satisfied with the product.

Moreover, I would like to thank you for recommending our hotel. We truly value your loyalty and are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Chose this hotel as it was for my daughters 16th Birthday shopping spree!! Perfect location for Harrods.
Valet parking (bonus in London) Anna made us feel very speical and welcome.
Rooms up to the very high standard which never disappoints with a Jumeirah Hotels.
Will always be our first option when in London.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your lovely review here on Tripadvisor.

I was delighted to read that you have chosen to stay with us on such special occasion and that we did not disappoint by mangaging to create a memorable experience for you and especially your daughter. Our location really is one of the best in London which I am glad you enjoyed as well as the room you stayed and the service extended by Anna in particular. Your kind comments will certainly be conveyed to her and the rest of the team here.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back and hope it will be in near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed only for a night at Jumeirah Carlton Tower, but can't wait to go back! Beautiful view of Cadogan Gardens from my room (3rd floor). This Hotel has the biggest gym and widest range of exercise classes I've ever seen. The view is breathtaking from the Peak Health Club, you can see the Shard, London Eye, may catch a gorgeous sun rise if you schedule your workout early. Delicious and wide variety of food for breakfast at the Rib Room. They impressed me with an amazing omelette made from ingredients of my choice. Thank you for making my stay outstanding!

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your views about your recent stay with us here on Tripadvisor.

I was delighted to learn that although your visit on this occasion was a short one, you managed to experience most of our facilities and that they lived up to the standards Jumeirah takes pride in. I am glad that you particularly enjoyed the Peak Health Club and its beautiful views. As we always strive to offer the best quality product I am glad that you were truly impressed with your breakfast at our Rib Room restaurant.

Please rest assured that I will extend your compliments to the entire staff and we are looking forward to welcoming you back hopefully in the near future.

With kind regards,