“Yummy afternoon tea”

Jumeirah Carlton Tower
Ranked #231 of 1,073 Hotels in London
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Didn't stay as outside of our budget BUT did have the most yummy afternoon tea. My girls loved it - and the best thing is even though we just went for tea the team were so friendly it was wonderful. Tea items replenished at your request - so tasty and thank you team for a lovely time.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
NicholasChalmers, Manager at Jumeirah Carlton Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your warm and most kind comments about the afternoon tea served in the Chinoiserie. I am delighted to read that you truly enjoyed the warm and friendly service provided by my colleagues and most of all that the sandwiches, cakes and the tea were all delicious.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future and remember, our resident harpist plays every day between 3pm and 6pm.

With best regards,

There are newer reviews for Jumeirah Carlton Tower

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Just had another stay at this wonderful hotel. It's in a great location for shopping and sightseeing the best of London but above all the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff cannot be beaten. Nothing is too much trouble, ever. We will return!

Room Tip: Rooms facing south or east have the best views.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments.
It was a pleasure for me to learn that you have enjoyed your stay at the Jumeirah Carlton Tower, its prime location in the heart of Knightsbridge, as well as the service extended to you by all of our colleagues. Please rest assured that your kind remarks have been shared with the team.
We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to the Jumeirah Carlton Tower on your next visit.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

This really was an excellent hotel. I travel a lot for work, and in terms of guest relations service, this was probably one of the best I've experienced. I have been wanting to go back and stay there during my subsequent visits to London, however, I am dependant on my host organization to select and book my hotel, so am not always in a position to make the choice.

The interior of the hotel was aestetically beautiful, and the staff extremely welcoming. What impressed me was that every time we walked in and out of the hotel, some of them greeted us by our name! This was a beautiful touch, and required a good memory, with so many guests passing through!

The rooms were large and spacious, and the bathrooms very well equipped with amenities. The rooms were always clean, and there were always plenty of fresh towels. You really got the feeling that you were well taken care of, and that they were not scrimping or cutting corners at your expense.

Although there was only one main restaurant, they were very accomodating with our food requests.

The staff in general were extremely well trained, and knew how to make their guests feel not only welcome, but valued. Other hotels could do well to learn from this one!

The other great thing about this hotel is the location - it's in the prime area of London - Knightsbridge - and close to all the best shops and restaurants.

All in all, one of the best hotel experiences I have had in a long time. Have wanted to go back for a long time, and am going to actually request this hotel for my visit to London in a few months.

Room Tip: I think that pretty much all the rooms are good at this hotel! And the staff really do warm your hea...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Anita M

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your compliments and your experiences shared on Tripadvisor.
I was very happy to read such a kind review about the Jumeirah Carlton Tower, especially the exceptional service that was provided during your last stay. We do our utmost to provide the highest level of service, making sure the guests’ are well looked after and their experiences will be memorable and unique. I am glad that all the efforts were appreciated by you and please rest assured that these kind remarks have been shared with all our team.
I was also very pleased to read that you have truly enjoyed your room, its space and facilities provided as well as your experience at the Rib Room Restaurant.
It is also a great pleasure to read that you have enjoyed the prime location of the hotel and easy accessibility to your favourite shops as well as restaurants within walking distance.
Thank you very much for all these kind words and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I am coming to this hotel since 1981, guess why..... I like this place and the location is great if you want to do some shopping. Sloane Street and Harrods are just round the corner. The concierge is very good with helpful tips for restaurants and other activities.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking ther time and posting your kind review on Tripadvisor.
I was extremely pleased to learn that you are a very loyal guest to the Jumeirah Carlton Tower since 1981 by regularly visiting the hotel and enjoying its prime location in the heart of Knightsbridge.
I was also happy to read that you find our concierge team very helpful, especially when providing you with the accurate recommendations for restaurants and other activities. Please rest assured that your kind remarks will be shared with the whole team.
I would like to thank you for your loyalty and I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Jumeirah Carlton Tower in the near future.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Great hotel. But service in the front lobby bar/restaurant is spotty and my room was small (in fact, you couldn't even fully open the door to the mini-bar because it would hit the bed's side table).

Service in the room was top notch and the room was comfortable.

The sports club was incredible. The spa was incredible too.

All in all, I'd suggest this hotel to others but I think that the rooms were a bit too small for the cost and while there was a lot of service it wasn't all perfect (note- in-room service was incredible... my comments are about what happens in the lobby).

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the room finding it comfortable and that our Peak Health Club over exceeded your expectations.

On the other hand I am very sorry to hear that you found the room too small and it will be our pleasure to assist you in the future giving recommendations that will suit your specific needs. Kindly call the Guest Relations team directly on +44 (0)20 7858 7010.

Also, I am concerned that the service in the Chinoriserie was not up to our normal 5 star service, your comments have been forwarded to the Director of Food and Beverage for review.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Location, location, location; a short walk to so many high end retail premises - fashion and department stores. There are also some rather nice restaurants close by too, but you MUST eat in the Rib Room Restaurant at the JCT on one of your nights - the service is impeccable and the food divine, not to mention the amazing wine list and the expertise of The Head Sommelier.
Rooms vary from adequate in size, to huge but ALL are exceptionally comfortable and very quiet. I still mourn the closure of the Gilt (Champagne) bar......but the new style and enlarged cocktail lounge is a perfect place instead, for pre dinner drinks or simply a drink before going out.
We come here to stay again and again because it is simply so very lovely...

Room Tip: The size of all rooms are declared and there are usually some good deals on via the Jumeirah website...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for kind comments. I am delighted that you enjoy the prime location of the hotel in the heart of Knightsbridge and its close walking distance to Sloane Street, Kings Road, Harrods and Harvey Nichols, which fulfils all your shopping desires.

Furthermore I am glad to read that you had a wonderful dining experience at the Rib Room Restaurant which is famous for its renowned roast Rib of beef. Your kind words about the excellent service and the wide range of wine selection has been forwarded to the restaurant.

Thank you once again for sharing your experiences with us and we hope we hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

The hotel is an excellent stay for any kind of trip to London. The staff is friendly and greet guests by name. The health club, spa, sauna, steam room and pool are excellent! My only complaint is that I have always had to wait for my room. This is indicative of the popularity of the hotel and I keep it in mind when travelling on a business trip.

Room Tip: I love the garden view rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
NicholasChalmers, Manager at Jumeirah Carlton Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your review here on Tripadvisor.

Although I was delighted to read about your loyalty to our hotel and the fact that you always enjoy the health club facilities, the room and the efficient yet friendly service extended by my colleagues, I was concerned to learn that you had to wait for your room on several occasions for what I am truly sorry.

I can fully understand the frustration you felt when the room was not ready upon your arrival and even though our check in time is 2pm, it does often happen that our guests decide to extend their stay causing a delay in allocating rooms for new arrivals. Although we do offer refreshments in our lobby restaurant the Chinoiserie or the Rib Room bar while waiting for the room, I do understand that after a long journey to the hotel all you wish to do is relax in your room.

I would like to once again extend our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you and I truly hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

Please contact our Guest Relations department when making the reservation to ensure you will have a smooth arrival.

Best regards,