“The best service ever!”

Ranked #66 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Manchester, United Kingdom
“The best service ever!”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

The Jumeirah from start to finish was amazing. All the staff are lovely and friendly and cannot accommodate you enough!
The rooms are beautiful and fully stocked with all the best, high quality products. The concierge was especially helpful in locating certain shops for us and arranging taxis. We also ate afternoon tea there which was one of the best I've ever had, again with beautiful surroundings. The breakfast was also beautiful!
Location spot on! Couldn't recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed March 2014
NicholasChalmers, Manager at Jumeirah Carlton Tower, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that you have had such a wonderful time at the Jumeirah Carlton Tower, enjoying the prime location of the hotel in the heart of Knightsbridge overlooking the lovely Cadogan Gardens. Your kind comments about the concierge department have been shared with them and they are delighted that their hard work goes noticed and I am pleased you found the room outstanding.
The renowned Eric Lanlard afternoon tea offers a wide selection of the finest tea’s, sandwiches and cakes and I am pleased to read that it is your favourite destination for afternoon tea.
Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a lovely review and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Arabic first
Duffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

This is a lovely hotel with excellent service and very high standards. The Rib Bar is currently my favourite in London, great cocktails and very nice bar and wait staff. The Grill restaurant is truly excellent.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I was pleased to read that you found the hotel exceptional with outstanding service and that the Rib Room Bar is your favourite in London, exceeding your expectations with its excellent service and cocktails. Your kind words about the Rib Room staff have been shared with them.

Thank you for your warm and friendly review and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not so distant future.

Shropshire
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Didn't stay as outside of our budget BUT did have the most yummy afternoon tea. My girls loved it - and the best thing is even though we just went for tea the team were so friendly it was wonderful. Tea items replenished at your request - so tasty and thank you team for a lovely time.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your warm and most kind comments about the afternoon tea served in the Chinoiserie. I am delighted to read that you truly enjoyed the warm and friendly service provided by my colleagues and most of all that the sandwiches, cakes and the tea were all delicious.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future and remember, our resident harpist plays every day between 3pm and 6pm.

With best regards,

Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Just had another stay at this wonderful hotel. It's in a great location for shopping and sightseeing the best of London but above all the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff cannot be beaten. Nothing is too much trouble, ever. We will return!

Room Tip: Rooms facing south or east have the best views.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments.
It was a pleasure for me to learn that you have enjoyed your stay at the Jumeirah Carlton Tower, its prime location in the heart of Knightsbridge, as well as the service extended to you by all of our colleagues. Please rest assured that your kind remarks have been shared with the team.
We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to the Jumeirah Carlton Tower on your next visit.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 26 February 2014

This really was an excellent hotel. I travel a lot for work, and in terms of guest relations service, this was probably one of the best I've experienced. I have been wanting to go back and stay there during my subsequent visits to London, however, I am dependant on my host organization to select and book my hotel, so am not always in a position to make the choice.

The interior of the hotel was aestetically beautiful, and the staff extremely welcoming. What impressed me was that every time we walked in and out of the hotel, some of them greeted us by our name! This was a beautiful touch, and required a good memory, with so many guests passing through!

The rooms were large and spacious, and the bathrooms very well equipped with amenities. The rooms were always clean, and there were always plenty of fresh towels. You really got the feeling that you were well taken care of, and that they were not scrimping or cutting corners at your expense.

Although there was only one main restaurant, they were very accomodating with our food requests.

The staff in general were extremely well trained, and knew how to make their guests feel not only welcome, but valued. Other hotels could do well to learn from this one!

The other great thing about this hotel is the location - it's in the prime area of London - Knightsbridge - and close to all the best shops and restaurants.

All in all, one of the best hotel experiences I have had in a long time. Have wanted to go back for a long time, and am going to actually request this hotel for my visit to London in a few months.

Room Tip: I think that pretty much all the rooms are good at this hotel! And the staff really do warm your hea...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Magus Q
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your compliments and your experiences shared on Tripadvisor.
I was very happy to read such a kind review about the Jumeirah Carlton Tower, especially the exceptional service that was provided during your last stay. We do our utmost to provide the highest level of service, making sure the guests’ are well looked after and their experiences will be memorable and unique. I am glad that all the efforts were appreciated by you and please rest assured that these kind remarks have been shared with all our team.
I was also very pleased to read that you have truly enjoyed your room, its space and facilities provided as well as your experience at the Rib Room Restaurant.
It is also a great pleasure to read that you have enjoyed the prime location of the hotel and easy accessibility to your favourite shops as well as restaurants within walking distance.
Thank you very much for all these kind words and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Schwaig, Germany
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I am coming to this hotel since 1981, guess why..... I like this place and the location is great if you want to do some shopping. Sloane Street and Harrods are just round the corner. The concierge is very good with helpful tips for restaurants and other activities.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking ther time and posting your kind review on Tripadvisor.
I was extremely pleased to learn that you are a very loyal guest to the Jumeirah Carlton Tower since 1981 by regularly visiting the hotel and enjoying its prime location in the heart of Knightsbridge.
I was also happy to read that you find our concierge team very helpful, especially when providing you with the accurate recommendations for restaurants and other activities. Please rest assured that your kind remarks will be shared with the whole team.
I would like to thank you for your loyalty and I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Jumeirah Carlton Tower in the near future.

Hamilton, Bermuda
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Great hotel. But service in the front lobby bar/restaurant is spotty and my room was small (in fact, you couldn't even fully open the door to the mini-bar because it would hit the bed's side table).

Service in the room was top notch and the room was comfortable.

The sports club was incredible. The spa was incredible too.

All in all, I'd suggest this hotel to others but I think that the rooms were a bit too small for the cost and while there was a lot of service it wasn't all perfect (note- in-room service was incredible... my comments are about what happens in the lobby).

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the room finding it comfortable and that our Peak Health Club over exceeded your expectations.

On the other hand I am very sorry to hear that you found the room too small and it will be our pleasure to assist you in the future giving recommendations that will suit your specific needs. Kindly call the Guest Relations team directly on +44 (0)20 7858 7010.

Also, I am concerned that the service in the Chinoriserie was not up to our normal 5 star service, your comments have been forwarded to the Director of Food and Beverage for review.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.