“The Perfect Hotel for a London Break” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jumeirah Carlton Tower

Jumeirah Carlton Tower
Ranked #58 of 1,087 Hotels in London
Collingham England U
“The Perfect Hotel for a London Break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

My wife and I have recently returned after an Easter long weekend in London.

The location of this hotel is perfect for a trip to London. Located just off Sloane Street just a few hundred yards from Harrods and Knightsbridge shopping.

The staff in this hotel are really friendly and helpful. Nothing is too much trouble. Our room was perfect and the housekeeping staff keep the room immaculately clean and well presented. We stayed in the Spa Suite which provides ample space and luxury.

Check in was very easy and we were unpacked and ready to enjoy London shortly after arrival.

The breakfast offered in the Rib Room restaurant is fantastic. An excellent array on the buffet plus a traditional full English breakfast really sets you up for the day. The staff are very friendly in the Rib Room and always greeted us with a smile.

The bar in the Rib Room is an excellent place to enjoy a drink or two. The bar man Saverio was friendly and knowledgeable and welcomed us with a smile each time we went there.

The Rib Room offers some amazing food. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner. All the staff were brilliant. Giovanni, Mindy and Paulo all looked after us so well. We had a wonderful time and the food was excellent! The staff were amazing.

Jarmila in the Chinoiserie offered us a nice welcome whenever we ate or enjoyed some tea. Chinoiserie is situated just off the hotel foyer and is a really nice place to enjoy afternoon tea or even a meal. The service was excellent and friendly. Jarmila and her team were amazing.

Whilst there we enjoyed some treatments in the Peak Health Club. The staff here were also very helpful when we were choosing treatments. They offer some amazing treatments.

Gavin one of the concierge was very helpful with regards my wife obtaining some prescription medication that she needed urgently. Nothing was too much trouble.

All the guys in Concierge were always friendly and helpful!

The reception staff provide a superb service and a friendly smile at all times.

We made our final booking arrangements with William Harding. He is very helpful and we cannot fault any part of our stay. Everything was perfect. William started the ball rolling when my wife needed the medication and was very helpful making sure he identified the correct prescription drugs before finding out how we could obtain them. William made sure we had a superb stay and we are very grateful for all he did.

Thank you to all the staff for making our stay so enjoyable. We would highly recommend a stay at the Jumeirah Carlton Tower. We would not stay anywhere else when we visit London. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: The Spa Suite is our favourite room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NicholasChalmers, Manager at Jumeirah Carlton Tower, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for sharing such a fantastic review following your stay at the Jumeirah Carlton Tower.
I was happy to read that you had a positive and enjoyable stay. I am glad that you found the spa suite so spacious and luxurious and you were able to make the most of the hotel’s facilities such as treatments in the Peak and meals at the Chinoiserie and the Rib Room.
It is a great pleasure to hear our colleagues were helpful and friendly and to see so many names mentioned in your review. We were also more than happy to assist you with obtaining your wife’s medicines. It is incredibly important to us to accommodate all of our guest’s needs and we constantly strive to exceed expectations. Please rest assured that the comments have been shared with the individuals and the whole team.
We are very proud of our prime location and I am very happy that you enjoyed the close proximity of all that Knightsbridge has to offer. It is very pleasing to hear that we will be your first choice when you next return to London and we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Nicholas Chalmers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Arabic first
Espoo, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

If I have to summarize the hotel with one word it would be service. From the early morning breakfast to late night drinks the service was very friendly. The hotel is luxury class and certainly worth 5 stars. The only reason I give 4 stars is that they did not ask if I want a non smoking room and put me to a smoking room, most hotels these days are non smoking so I did not even think about it.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
NicholasChalmers, Manager at Jumeirah Carlton Tower, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience here on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted that you felt the service was of 5 star standard, we always aim to make our guests feel as valued as possible. I am very sorry to hear that you were not offered a non-smoking room. Had we been aware of your preferences we would have been more than happy to move you to a different room. Please do not hesitate to let us know during your stay if there is anything at all we can do to make you feel more comfortable and at home. Our guests needs are our priority and we will always do our utmost to accommodate them.

I hope that on another occasion we will be able to welcome you back to the Jumeirah Carlton Tower.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

My family and I took our mother's to afternoon tea at the Jumeirah Carlton Tower in London, and it was a delight. The food was gorgeous and spectacularly displayed, and if we ran out of our favorites, the staff would happily get us more! They also expertly handled my nut allergy also, giving my own nut-free selection!

There's just a few points that stopped this review from being a 5/5. Our table was very small and barely accommodated us 6 with our afternoon tea stands, glasses, and tea pots etc - even with two small tables next to the sofas we felt quite cramped.

Also as it was Mother's day I did hope something slightly special would be done for our mums (my mum and mother-in-law) but this occasion wasn't marked at all though being mentioned when I booked - by comparison I took my mum out for Afternoon Tea last year and she was given a glass of champagne and a pink rose to mark Mother's day, it made her feel very special! ... I just think the occasion could have been made to feel slightly more special for them, especially as I mentioned I'd recently gotten married and it was my first Mother's day with my mother in law

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your experience at the Jumeirah Carlton Tower here on Trip Advisor.
It is brilliant to hear that you were very happy with the afternoon tea on offer, I’m pleased to hear we were able to provide you with your own nut free selection so you could enjoy the experience as much as the rest of your party. I am sorry to hear that you felt cramped, as you mentioned it was Mother’s Day, which is a particularly busy time in our Chinoiserie for afternoon tea. We do our best to accommodate everyone but unfortunately at busy times there will always be a little less space, I hope that it did not ruin your enjoyment of the afternoon too much.

Congratulations on your recent wedding. I am sorry that we did not do anything extra special to make the day particularly memorable for your mother and mother-in-law. If possible it is always best to let us know in advance if there is anything additional you would like us to do for yourself and your party, so we can make the appropriate preparations.

I have passed on your comments to our team, so we can continue to improve the experience we provide for our guests. I hope we will be able to welcome you back to the Jumeirah Carlton Tower soon.

Basel, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

This hotel exceeded our expectations right from the start. We arrived early: 8am…we were greeted by a lovely person who was kind and gracious…and checked us into our room already then! The room was perfect. We had the spa suite which was beautifully appointed - spacious, comfortable, so many little extras like toiletties, and umbrella, a walk-in closet, extra robes, etc.
The service was consistently great, taxis were always available and the location felt quiet and remote, yet we were only steps from fantastic restaurants and the best shopping in London.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NicholasChalmers, Manager at Jumeirah Carlton Tower, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much sharing your recent experience with us here on Tropadvisor.

We were thrilled to read that your stay excedeed your expectations right from the start when our availability allowed us to accommodate your early arrival and throughout your visit thanks to the service exended by my colleagues. Our Spa suites are indeed beautifully appointed rooms with their unique bathrooms designed for ultimate relaxation thanks to the irresistible egg-shaped bath and we are delighted that you enjoyed this suite together with its amenities.

We are pleased that you also appreciated our wonderful location and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

Ravello, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

The Jumeirah Carlton Tower is a truly amazing Hotel.
The staff is beyond what you would expect in a chain hotel. Everyone is very friendly and since I was travelling for business this was an unexpected touch that made my stay, albeit brief, very pleasant.
The lobby and common areas are cozy and relaxing.
My newly refurnished suite was full of nice (to discover) touches. Very tasty renovation with a very fine Italian touch, Rubelli textiles (very famous Venitian Textile company). There was a very nice lounge area (with Nespresso and Tea making facilities). The Suite had an home feeling with an amazing view on the city.
Last but not least, great location (only walking distance from Harrods and Major Shopping areas).
Great place to stay in London! Highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mariella A
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience here on Tripadvisor.
I was delighted to read such a wonderful comment about the hotel, especially that all of our colleagues made your stay very pleasant and memorable. I was also very happy to learn that you enjoyed the design of the suite with its facilities, layout and comfort. We always strive to create a relaxing and cosy atmosphere and create that home away from home feeling.

It was also a great pleasure to read that you have truly enjoyed the prime location of the hotel and managed to take advantage of this, visiting the nearby shops.

Thank you very much for all your kind words and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to the Jumeirah Carlton Tower in the near future.

dubai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

This is my favourite hotel in Knightsbridge. I have stayed at the Carlton at least 10 times in the last couple of years alone it's that good. The staff welcoming you at the front doors always remember me and my family. Even when I have just a few hours in London I stop in for a coffee and they still remember me by name. The concierge service is also fabulous. They have always managed to get excellent seats for shows we wish to see during our time there. The gym is great too with cucumber and mint water or lemon water on hand to refresh you mid work-out. I have stayed in most of the room types and all are luxurious. The bed linen is so crisp and lots of fluffy towels and robes. The housekeeping staff are also wonderful with attention to every detail .They also has to have the best room service menu. The prawn cocktail is amazing as is the spaghetti and the burger. When we stay there we always arrange room service and sit at the balcony overlooking the park. My husband and daughter insist it is their favourite burger. Breakfast is lovely too. The eggs benedict with fresh apple juice is my favourite. It is just a two minute walk to Harrods which is very safe as the police are stationed outside an embassy on the street that you take a short cut through. At Christmas time they have a lovely tree in the lobby with beautiful decorations and the park has lovely lights in the trees too. They also safely valet your car underground and have a great cleaning service so that it's clean every time you leave. It can be a little noisy during summer nights with the sports cars speeding around the square in front, but we keep the balcony doors and windows closed at night and just put the air conditioning on to keep the noise out. In the evenings they have a wonderful harpist playing too. I cannot think of a single improvement required but I'm sure they will think of something. Actually, they didn't used to have a hair salon and now they do. That was an excellent added service. There is also a Waitrose just two minutes walk away for any toiletries etc that you require and an excellent pharmacy just thirty seconds walk which sell excellent skin care product too. And of course Louboutin.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank michelle c
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such great and detailed review about our hotel and compliments about our wonderful location to the warm welcome and friendliness of our colleagues.

We work really hard to deliver a truly personalised service, high quality food and product in a great environment and I am delighted that those efforts pay off. It is our greatest pleasure to know that you choose to stay or visit the Jumeirah Carlton Tower every time you are in London.

Your loyalty is highly valued and we are looking forward to welcoming you and you family back on your next visit to London.

Benalup-Casas Viejas, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Great locaton, wonderful staff, great service beautiful rooms with view over the garden! Attention to detail. Very good 20 m long swimming pool. Pity we missed out on the tea-time but have enjoyed our drinks at the Rib Room very much as well as breakfast at the Chinoiserie. We travelled with a disabled person and they had the best adapted bathroom we have encountered so far.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

It is wonderful to read such great feedback and I am delighted that you truly enjoyed the prime location of Jumeirah Carlton Tower in the heart of Knightsbridge overlooking the beautiful Cadogan Garden.
I am pleased you found the rooms nicely decorated and the staff warm and friendly. We are fortunate to have one the area’s greatest swimming pools with an amazing glass roof.
I am sorry to read that on this occasion you were not able to experience the afternoon tea served in the Chinoiserie however I hope you will be able to enjoy this on a future stay. On another note I am pleased you enjoyed the breakfast in the chinoiserie and the drinks in the rib room.

Once again thank you for your lovely feedback and I hope I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Kind regards,