All reviews rib room sloane street harvey nicks jumeirah group cadogan gardens lobby lounge room service junior suite afternoon tea luxury hotel kings road superb hotel nespresso machine an upgrade hyde park lovely room english breakfast
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I recently stayed at The JCT after a hiatus of two years, I left a glowing first review on my first visit but could it really be repeated for ANOTHER stay?
I've just come back from a long weekend at the JCT. I have had the privilege of staying there on a few occasions but after a two year period, due to ill health, had it changed? I decided to stay again to see if the 'magic' of my first visit could be repeated? These are my honest & truthful findings.
We arrived at 13:30 on Friday. My journey into the stay started with a smiling familiar face opening the car door for me. 'Good afternoon Mr Goodie, Welcome Back!' I was greeted by the now famous, mustached, top hatted figure. My bags were whisked from the car by people that just seemed to appear from nowhere & I was ushered through the famous revolving door. I went up to reception where I saw another smiling face that welcomed me back. Check in was simple - there's a great new service where the JCT now email you a few days before your stay & ask you to confirm your address etc. & also asks if you have an special requests - so there was only an imprint of my credit card & a signature needed. Once again, as if by magic I was greeted by name from behind, this time by the duty manager who was keen to inquire about my well being. We shared pleasantries & then her colleague stepped from behind the desk and asked if I was ready to go to my suite. I had been very kindly upgraded to the tenth floor, which houses the Royal Suite. I was shown into a very light, bright & airy open plan suite. It had a desk & chair to my left, a dining table for four in front of the first window. Then there was a long side board which housed the mini bar & glassware & above it was a large flat screen tv. Opposite that was a low glass coffee table & a three seater sofa & to the right were double sliding doors which opened out to a 'grass' floored balcony & then against the end wall was the huge bed. I had made a request for four extra feather down pillows, which was already waiting on the bed. I thanked the Receptionist who gave me a tour of all the facilities of the suite before he left. Then within minutes the doorbell rang & it was my luggage.
I had been in correspondence with Nigel, the head of the concierge team - Centurion had secured me a table at Dinner by Heston Blumenthal but not until 22:00 & Nigel had been in contact with the restaurant to try to get an earlier table. - I had also asked Nigel if he could recommend a few Bars, to have a couple of cocktails to take us up to Dinner. My brief was the "Shard & Speakeasys!" Now this is where Nigel became, in my opinion a 'Legend!' What he did for me was to organise an itinerary of bookings at various Bars all with precision timings. With this he printed me off a couple of copies that showed us the name of the Bar, the time the table was booked for, what time we had to leave, to whom he had spoken to & to whom I should ask for! According to Nigel we needed to leave the JCT at 16:00. I'd forgotten to pick up my copies of the itinerary so a quick call down to Nigel & this was sorted. At 15:50 my chauffeur - I had booked a car from 16:00 until 22:00 to take us from bar to bar - called me to say he was outside so we left the suite where I had a chance to pick up the printed sheets & to thank the 'Legend' that was Nigel personally! I won't go into detail about where we went but every Bar we went to had a table waiting & if it wasn't, a quick flash of the itinerary to the Host & a table magically appeared! The selection of Bars was perfect & we had a great night.
After dinner we returned to the suite, tired & full, to find a hand written card from the manager welcoming me back & hoping that I enjoyed my stay, along with a complimentary fruit bowl, mineral water & my favourite, hand made truffles! The room had been turned down for the night with the towels replaced, slippers out & the 'Sleep CD' playing through the TV. We just sank into bed & went out like a light...
On the next morning we got up late & decided to go for Lunch at the Peak Health Club. It's where the Gym is located on a mezzanine & under it are floor to ceiling windows with tables looking out across London. (Also with TV's showing the soccer!!) They serve a three course buffet until 15:00 or you can order A'la Carte. We chose the latter, the Buffet looked awesome, don't get me wrong but the temptation of wood fired, hand made, fresh pizzas to order was too much of an opportunity, so there was no competition in which was going to win! Once again the service was excellent & the food to die for! The desserts were amazing, too good to refuse! After lunch we retired once again to the suite both tired & full! We had plans to visit the pool & do some shopping but decided to give all that up & just laze around in the room watching the soccer & dozing until it was time for us to get ready for our next nights adventure!
On Sunday morning we awoke at a leisurely time, packed up & called down to the bell hop to get our luggage as we were checking out. Once again within minutes another smiling face was knocking on the door, I went on ahead to check out, which was quite simply a breeze to the front desk where all that was required was a signature. Then as if by magic the doorman appeared, once again, to inform me my car had been loaded & was awaiting me. I left saying my goodbyes to what seem more like friends than acquaintances!
That's one thing you have to get used to if you stay at the JCT is members of staff appearing as if by magic at every turn, always with a smiling face & they always manage to remember a name if introduced only once, it's like going to stay with family but without the arguments, with bigger rooms & better beds!!
To sum up, Yes the JCT still is as good as my first documented stay & better than my last - I can find no fault - if I had to find something it would be that they lead where others can only can try to to compete! From the service, to the facilities, to the staff, to the food, to the smiles - if you were thinking of booking the JCT take this review as gospel & book today - you'll have nothing to fear - the only thing that may be of surprise is where do all these smiling faced staff suddenly appear from?! Enjoy your visit, as much as I did mine but keep London's best kept secret to yourself please! - I don't want there to be no room at the Inn the next time I plan to book! Haha!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a Balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank nickgoodie
NicholasChalmers, Manager at Jumeirah Carlton Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear Mr. Goodie,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience here on Trip Advisor.
I am absolutely delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the stay and that we managed to continue to exceed your expectations after a two year break from staying with us.
I really take great pleasure in reading such a glowing review, we hope that all of our guest’s leave with such a positive experience. As you mentioned our smiling staff are always on hand to help with all your needs, whether that be opening the door, transporting your luggage or helping you to plan a tremendous evening’s entertainment! I hope on another occasion Nigel will be able to plan an equally spectacular evening for you.
I am very glad to hear you had the chance to sample The Club Room’s delicious menu, maybe next time you will be tempted by the buffet! We are very proud of The Peak and The Club Room, the spectacular views across London really are breath taking, especially on the rare occasions the sun decides to show its face!
It is encouraging to read that you found the Guest Preference Form sent out before your stay useful, enabling you to speed through check in and head straight to your suite. I am very happy to hear that you were pleased with your suite and that you were able to enjoy a very comfortable stay in our luxurious beds.
It is always a delight to hear that a guest feels at home and among friends and family while staying with us. Please rest assured that your comments have been passed onto the whole team and we all look forward to welcoming you back to The Jumeirah Carlton Tower in the not too distant future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Absolutely superb - first rate hotel, close to the shops and greenery of a wonderful spring time shopping weekend in London. 10th floor room had a balcony with great views across the skyline. Best UK hotel I have used in years. Friendly and efficient too.

Room Tip: Take your time over the breakfast menu - the full English is very good as is the buffet
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
NicholasChalmers, Manager at Jumeirah Carlton Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your feedback here on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to hear that your stay with us was “absolutely superb” and you enjoyed the entire experience particularly your room with its view and very importantly the friendly and efficient service delivered by my colleagues.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back on your next shopping weekend in London, hopefully in the near future.

With kind regards,

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Service was first class. Anticipating our needs as we had arrived in the early morning 6am at the hotel. We were allowed to check-in early which was great given we had travelled 13hrs from Asia. The rooms were very clean and quiet. Location of the hotel is ideal if you are spending a lot of time in Knightsbridge and Harrods/Harvey Nichols. The Knightsbridge tube station is about a 7-10min walk from the hotel. It was raining a lot so this is something you might consider if you are not taking taxis around London. Otherwise a light umbrella will suffice. Staff were always smiling and everyone was polite. Had a wonderful stay there and would highly recommend asking for the keys to the private garden just in front of the garden for a morning/evening stroll.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time in expressing your views here on Tripadvisor.

I was delighted to read your kind and complimentary remarks - from our superb hotel location to the warm welcome and friendliness of my colleagues. I am happy that the availability allowed us to accommodate your early arrival so that you could relax after the long journey in the comfort of your room.

The private Cadogan Gardens for which we are pleased to hold a key are indeed perfect for a walk at any time during the day and I am glad that despite the typical rainy weather you did not hesitate to visit them.

I will certainly ensure that your thoughtful words about the hotel and the service in particular are conveyed to rest of the team here. We hope that it will not be too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Jumeirah Carlton Tower.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 27 April 2014

This was our second visit to this hotel and it was nearly as good as our first. Great location for Harrods, Harvey Nics and all the shops down Sloane St. High standards, great restaurant in the Rib Room for dinner and breakfast. Great gym and swimming pool with whirlpool, and steam room.
Before we had a suite which was top notch this time we had a basic room which was nice but the bathroom looked and felt a bit tired. We looked onto the square and was a bit noisy on the 2nd floor with cars going past even with double glazing. Overall a nice hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at The Jumeirah Carlton Tower here on Trip Advisor.

I am sorry to hear that your stay was not as positive as the first time you visited us. I am disappointed to read that you found the room noisy and the bathroom a little tired. Please rest assured that these comments have been passed onto the team so that we can continue to improve the quality and service we provide.
I was happy to see that you enjoyed our fantastic location, of which we are very proud, as well as finding time to enjoy our beautiful gym and pool facilities.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back to The Jumeirah Carlton Tower soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

The world is full of hotels that promise to deliver on service and quality ... Rarely do these two words collide and exceed expectations ... From the moment Miroslav doffs his hat to the expectant guest alighting a taxi at the revolving doors to the moment you are welcomed back into the 'family' and you are greeted with a warm smile from one of the team at check in, to the second you lay your weary head on the pillow of your choosing .. This home from home feels just great !
Make your own mind up on the rest of the experience ... 'Coz if I told you then you wouldn't believe me .. Just go there, immerse yourself, leave your troubles behind & experience what is - The only true definition of 'Hotel' in London .. It will allow you to ... Have One Terriffic Experience Literally !
Enjoy ... Five Stars !!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience here on trip advisor.

I am extremely happy to hear that from the moment you arrived we were able to provide you with the service and quality we pride ourselves on. We always strive to make our guests feel relaxed and at home and I am very pleased that you felt part of the family here.

I hope we are able to welcome you back to your home from home in the not too distant future so that we can exceed your expectations once again.

With kind regards